lafayette afro rock band "Malik"?

AREARE 34 Posts
edited August 2005 in Strut Central
whats up yall, just a quick question about that Malik LP. I've see 2 different color covers. Mine is more of a shade of pink and I've seen others with more cream(you can actualy see her sweater in yellow). Does anyone know what's up with that? Mine(with more of a shade pink) is from an old radio collection so I know it's not a reissue.

Comments

• AREARE 34 Posts
    ????anyone??

• magneticmagnetic 2,678 Posts
    The Big Dudes aren't here yet,patience you'll get a multitude of responses soon.By the way i was feeling the K-Otix beats.

• AREARE 34 Posts
    thanks Magnetic.

• legendlegend 124 Posts
    whats up yall, just a quick question about that Malik LP. I've see 2 different color covers. Mine is more of a shade of pink and I've seen others with more cream(you can actualy see her sweater in yellow). Does anyone know what's up with that? Mine(with more of a shade pink) is from an old radio collection so I know it's not a reissue.

do these pics help?

• AREARE 34 Posts
    whats up Legend, that's one that I see, the other one I see has more of a pink shade to it. The girl's sweater is even a pink shade. What label is that one on? Different logo than mine.

• luckluck 4,077 Posts
    It's been booted. Not sure if that's the one you're speaking of.

• AREARE 34 Posts
    yeah, I've seen the boot. The one I have came from a radio station collection and it is more pink in color. MALIK is pink as well. Mine is on Makosa international.

this is like the one I have but mine is a white label:

http://cgi.ebay.com/LAFAYETTE-AFRO-ROCK-BAND-Malik-MAKOSSA-LP-funk-breaks_W0QQitemZ4762011283QQcategoryZ306QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• DigginDiggin 319 Posts
    My guess is that the other version is the original french issue.

• dsandersdsanders 495 Posts
    TSL has one on the wall at the mo. $250, I believe...

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I'm pretty sure there was a 70s US issue of this album. I only have the original french issue, but i'm guessing that the US issue might be the one you've seen that looks different.

• my promotional copy of the US orig. on Makossa is pink (no yellow sweater), label is red/white
    the 90s US reissue on Makossa is more yellow with a blurry picure cover, label is black/red

your pictures are showing the French orig on American Records, and I think the cover looks more cream

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    step back, let a big dude speak: look at the girls face for about 30 seconds. if it looks green: you got the original. i'm not joking. i had the malik lp up on my wall. everyone said that the girls face looks green. i didn't notice at first, but it really has a touch of green. looks like she's sick!

the label logo in legend's picture is the original one.

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    the reissues i've seen don't have a greenish face... i'm not a big dude though. i might be wrong. there are some bootlegs floating around.

• AREARE 34 Posts
    thanks yall, mine is the pink with the white and red label as well. After looking at the record, the girl does look a bit green.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts