The absolute WORST song of the 80's

2»

Comments

• cai said:
    I was recently alerted to this gem:

Wrong thread, dude.
    You're looking for Best Songs Of The 80s.

• Not sure if this is the worst or the best. It makes me laugh everytime cause of Arrested Development.
    Venus rhymes with seen us...

Another contender.

Kim Mitchell is really hard to beat though, he's the king of shit mountain to me. His songs are on Canadian rock stations still. Go for a soda and Patio lanterns... Errrr they make me mad, how can people like that shit..

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    KISS has zero good songs, and I'm sure they released stuff in the 80s. Pick one, that's the worst.

What's with Canada?

I've never heard a Meat Loaf song other than the one where he won't do that. I do not understand why I know who he is.

Tom Petty is shitty too. Another dude I don't understand. When was Free Fallin'? Camel toe spandex mini ramp chick couldn't even save that.

HATERTHREADZ RULE

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    dukeofdelridge said:
    KISS has zero good songs

You need to be in the mindset. A few beers and vintage Playboy mags should get you there.

Then the mult-eye-faceted nuances of "2000 Man" and "Lick It Up" will reveal themselves.

I DRAW THE LINE AT FACE-PAINTING, DOE.

I MEAN, WHISKERS? 'T.F.

• dukeofdelridge said:
    KISS has zero good songs

First two records are excellent do you even party?

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    None of the songs mentioned have the soul consuming bland vapidity of Elton Johns Nikita.
    Juggernaut of soulless insincerity. Megatons of tepidness.
    I couldnt even listen to less than a second of this while posting. Playing this song makes a bird fall dead from the sky somewhere.

Ok. Its almost neck and neck with the final countdown musically. But that is slightly better because - it's so bad its funny. the hair cuts. the space exploration theme. Nikita wins with its dead eyed bleakness.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Nikita.

Goddamn.
    I make you right.

But no hate for the Judas Priest duo of shite that is "United" and "Breaking The Law"?

• caicai spacecho 362 Posts
    staxwax said:

But that is slightly better because - it's so bad its funny. the hair cuts. the space exploration theme. Nikita wins with its dead eyed bleakness.

Great video! Those oversize boots caught me off guard.

• LazarusOblong said:
    Bon Vivant said:

(Also strong candidate for worst video)
    Gawdfuckingdamnit I'd forgotten that turd. Those bastards.

I'm with Ketan... I kinda ride for this song... I also find it funny because I lived in Sudbury, a mining town in northern Ontario until I was eight. I have been back visiting and heard it played at parties as a joke because the town is literally built on rock - the Canadian Shield geological feature. Turning the volume down to mute "and rollllllll" part. I am not joking.

Also... there's this:

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts
    hot or not?

• jjfad027jjfad027 1,594 Posts

This gets my vote

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    skel said:

But no hate for the Judas Priest shite that is "Breaking The Law"?

Nope, none whatsoever...

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    skel said:
    "Breaking The Law"?

This song rules your face. [pinching off a loaf]...DOING THE SAME THING TOOOOOOWAH[pinching off a loaf]

• first thing that popped into my head

• tabiratabira 856 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:
    first thing that popped into my head

No way man , taken for what it is, this is just good pure eighties pop, if that's not an oxymoron.

Either I have terrible taste in music, or this thread is really more about PMG hatt. Take On Me is a great pop song. Great video too.

• tabira said:
    just good pure eighties pop,

Maybe that's why I hate it so much.

Carry on.

Now THIS. This is pure shit aside from its inclusion in Zoolander. Orange mocha frappuchinos, batches.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    DB_Cooper said:
    Now THIS. This is pure shit aside from its inclusion in Zoolander. Orange mocha frappuchinos, batches.

Straight fromage.