Star Wars

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited November 2014 in Strut Central
No thread yet? Looks good so far. I enjoyed the almost b movie thriller begin turning into childhood dreams of the falcon fighting ties over sand dunes.

Comments

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    There were a couple of parts where I was

But the Falcon with the music... X-Wing fighters over the water...

I'm excited!

• DOR said:

ikr? totally psyched now.

Watching dude has me a little more excited.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    BallzDeep said:
    DOR said:

ikr? totally psyched now.

Same. I'm pretty hyped.

This film is going to crush box office records.

• Jeezus. Worst movie series in the history of Earth, worse than Butt Bandits 1-165.

Can't believe adults still follow this shit. The first one was limp camp and it went down hill from there.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    LazarusOblong said:
    Jeezus. Worst movie series in the history of Earth, worse than Butt Bandits 1-165.

Can't believe adults still follow this shit. The first one was limp camp and it went down hill from there.

It's not deep and textured like 2001: A Space Odyssey, but it's thrilling cinema.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ^Ayo, the first entry into the Butt Bandits cannon was hard-as-fuck, but 164 follow-ups is just gay.

This looks so much better than the other 3 CGI prequels (not saying there won't be any CGI, but the clips leaked don't look shit) that I am really looking forward to seeing this. Black stormtrooper! Or I'm guessing a rebel disguised as one on the run? I'm lost though - is this a prequel or sequel? Millenium Falcon suggests a young or old Han Solo, or the previous owner, or his son or what?

DOR said:
    Watching dude has me a little more excited.

Dude can do a Chewbacca noise!

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Muthafuckas were excited when the Prequels were about to drop, and look at what we got?
    I dont have faith in this anymore and doubt that they are going create 3 new bangers.

I dont fuck with those animated features either.

I might wait for the home releases. Im sick of gambling on this shit.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    batmon said:
    Muthafuckas were excited when the Prequels were about to drop, and look at what we got?
    I dont have faith in this anymore and doubt that they are going create 3 new bangers.

I only watched the first prequel and that was enough for me to give up on the new ones. I suppose the fact that JJ Abrams is directing this one means it probably won't be shit, but I say this not really having watched anything JJ Abrams has done.

• LazarusOblong said:
    Jeezus. Worst movie series in the history of Earth, worse than Butt Bandits 1-165.

LOL it's all starting to make sense about this guy.

ppadilha said:
    batmon said:

I only watched the first prequel and that was enough for me to give up on the new ones. I suppose the fact that JJ Abrams is directing this one means it probably won't be shit, but I say this not really having watched anything JJ Abrams has done.

JJ Abrams is cool. Star Trek is an entertaining reboot.

The prequels have their moments of greatness and alot crazy WTF moments.

And selling me a Black Stormtrooper is some softball shit.

Its a shame the Expanded Universe is excluded from the canon from here on out.
    Im not fan but that stuff is what has really fuelled the brand. Im sure they'll borrow from it down the line.

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    batmon said:
    ppadilha said:
    batmon said:

Im not fan but that stuff is what has really fuelled the brand. Im sure they'll borrow from it down the line.

If they had no black actors you'd be complaining about that.

I think getting rid of the EU was an unfortunate necessity. It was so comprehensive at this point it would have dictated the whole movie if they had to incorporate it. I'm fine with a new movie based on previous movies. I didn't watch the entire stormtroopers video but I basically agree with most of what he's saying. Have fun and enjoy it with out too much baggage. All the internet chatter about the plausibility of a light sabre broad sword is hilarious.

You can't forget these movies are made for kids and kids loved the prequels and Jar Jar. As adults you just have to enjoy the parts you can and make the best of it. The whole Lucas raped my childhood is utter nonsense. No way any Star Wars fan of any level is actually waiting for this to come out on video.

batmon said:
    ppadilha said:
    batmon said:

If they had no black actors you'd be complaining about that.

I think getting rid of the EU was an unfortunate necessity. It was so comprehensive at this point it would have dictated the whole movie if they had to incorporate it. I'm fine with a new movie based on previous movies. I didn't watch the entire stormtroopers video but I basically agree with most of what he's saying. Have fun and enjoy it with out too much baggage. All the internet chatter about the plausibility of a light sabre broad sword is hilarious.

[strong]You can't forget these movies are made for kids and kids loved the prequels and Jar Jar.[/strong] As adults you just have to enjoy the parts you can and make the best of it. The whole Lucas raped my childhood is utter nonsense. No way any Star Wars fan of any level is actually waiting for this to come out on video.

May the Farce be with you [strong]kid[/strong].

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I was surprised at the black stormtrooper. Just doesn't fit the "Clone" stereotype.

As a whitey, I can't come up with an answer for "Why not?", doe.

BAT to speak on the LBE - is it so incongruous?

May the Farce be with you [strong]kid[/strong].

J i m s t e r said:
    I was surprised at the black stormtrooper. Just doesn't fit the "Clone" stereotype.

Post-Empire falling i'd imagine they would have anyone that would join regardless of race, even though the retcon clones are supposed to be Jango clones, when in SW they all had separate voices.
    To me it [strong]feels[/strong] like a quick multi-culti sell.
    And if dude isnt a main character, its just some softball shit unless he and others are getting Lando/Windu extra development steez.
    Eyerolls + Nitpick.

• Fred_GarvinFred_Garvin The land of wind and ghosts 337 Posts
    J i m s t e r said:

Post-Empire falling i'd imagine they would have anyone that would join regardless of race, even though the retcon clones are supposed to be Jango clones, when in SW they all had separate voices.
    To me it [strong]feels[/strong] like a quick multi-culti sell.
    And if dude isnt a main character, its just some softball shit unless he and others are getting Lando/Windu extra development steez.
    Eyerolls + Nitpick.
    I assumed it was someone dressed as a Stormtrooper for some reason, just like they did in the first film.

I'm more surprised that they convinced a bunch of the original actors to come back, but completely snubbed Billy Dee Williams.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    is it really so surprising?

it's not like the media makes a big deal any time Garret Morris steps out of his door.

batmon said:
    J i m s t e r said:

Post-Empire falling i'd imagine they would have anyone that would join regardless of race,

Wait, what? Your applying Earth race relations models to a long time ago in a galaxy far far away? This movie will break the internets.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    The trailer was good but it is annoying that it's being released over a year before the actual movie comes out. Fucking cock teases.

That was good. X wing pilot dodging the shot was the best.

my sw buddy says that the brother and the girl are intergral and not just eye candy.

J i m s t e r said:

And then the article blows it saying Jango is "white".

batmon said:
    my sw buddy says that the brother and the girl are intergral and not just eye candy.

I'm pretty sure they are the kids of Luke, Leia and Han. X-Wing fighter Luke's son, storm trooper Han's son, girl Leia's daughter. But obviously that's total speculation.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Industry rule #4081:
    If you see a stormtrooper with no helmet, it's a good guy.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    ppadilha said:
    batmon said:

I sure won't be there on opening night like I was in 1999. If a bunch of hard-ass critiques give it good reviews, then I'll go check it out.