World Cup sh*t tawk

skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
edited May 2014 in Strut Central
Too soon?

We gonna bust up Carlos Kickaball and them.

Merica will beat Ghana then get fucking beasted by Ronoldo and Teh Kraut,

That is all.

Comments

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    nothing guaranteed in the *real* group of death (G), but i'm quite confident my squareheaded kinsmen make it out top of the group and cruise to the semi's, where ├Âzil decides he doesn't need to show up anymore, thereby causing them to lose to a supernova-like croatia or brazil.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Beat match of tournament potential: Nigeria v Bosnia

skel said:

japan v. greece in a park teh bus-off

in truly faustian form, suarez scores 7 against italy to eliminate les tres leones on goal differential

vintageinfants said:
    skel said:

japan v. greece in a park teh bus-off

B/w Switzerland v Honduras

vintageinfants said:
    in truly faustian form, suarez scores 7 against italy to eliminate les tres leones on goal differential

Interesting side-dish: Gerrard in a 50/50 with Luis "early doors" in game 2

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    I'd been getting v,v,v moderately (moderate++, or would moderate- be a better way to describe it?) friendly with a Uruguayan waitress who works in a bar near a place I work. We made a bet on the England v Uruguay game, beer only, :whycry:, but I made the mistake of joking about Suarez's knee injury. She's either incredibly into football and ultra competitive, or the mere thought of having to buy me a beer truly pissed her off. Instant strop ensued. If only my Spanish was good enough to make some horse-placenta jokes.

I digress.

From Europe I still think Spain will go furthest. Netherlands aren't up to it. Italy are now the wrong side of experienced. Germany will probably make the semi finals, and despite the qualifying hype, I don't think Belgium are going to set the tournament alight. England to get out of the group but crash & burn next round. I wouldn't be surprised if it's an all South American final.

hopefully ESPN airs a few games.

:killin_it:

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    hahahahaha that's great!

Landon Donovan is that USA college boy soccer type, but I've seen the dude win games. I'm not sure of the story, I guess he's old, sure. But some of the dudes that made the USA squad are straight NON-winners. Brad Evans and Deandre Yedlin, I see these dudes here in Seattle and whoa whoa whoa that's the best we got for going up against the heaviest of the heavies? Landon Donovan should be on the team. Don't you get like thirty guys? How many guys do you get?

No matter.

USA with three blowout wins FOR SURE.

It's a certainty.

So hyped to watch it. Ronaldo's abs are all-time right now, I hope he can keep them going for another few months.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    Duderonomy said:
    She's either incredibly into football and ultra competitive, or the mere thought of having to buy me a beer truly pissed her off. Instant strop ensued. If only my Spanish was good enough to make some horse-placenta jokes.

They were probably just terms of endearment. In Uruguay, you know, the expression la puta que te pario and its variants (eg: la reputa que te pario, la concha de la puta que te pario, la reconcha de la reputa madre que te repario, etc and so on) are all used to express one's affection towards others.

You should practice yours platense spanish with this video:

b/w

They don't call Donovan LANDYCAKES for no reason.

• It's going to be interesting for me to see how the Brazilians react if they don't win.

I've spent the last two World Cups/Copa Americas in the company of three Brazilian families and I have to say that they are the worst losers I have ever been around. I understand in a way considering the success they have enjoyed previously but they straight up EXPECT to win everything. Being played in their own country will only raise that expectation I'm sure.
    Both families come from separate parts of the country(Niteroi/Curitiba) but are exactly the same.

Wondering what Ppadilha and others experiences are with Brazilians in this situation??

Personally, I get the most enjoyment whenever Argentina go out..especially in 2010 when I was the only person in my circles that predicted they'd get tanked by Germany.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    badder_than_evil said:
    three Brazilian families and I have to say that they are the worst losers I have ever been around.

You should see the Portugees in my town when they lose twice. First when Portugal gets knocked out and then when they become Brazilian and they lose.

:nagl:

• DOR said:
    badder_than_evil said:
    three Brazilian families and I have to say that they are the worst losers I have ever been around.

You should see the Portugees in my town when they lose twice. First when Portugal gets knocked out and then when they become Brazilian and they lose.

Crazy.

DOR said:
    badder_than_evil said:

the bane of my existence, the portugal fan.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    I thought this was going to be a Soulhawk dis thread, on some 2 Girls, World Cup.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    DOR said:
    badder_than_evil said:

the bane of my existence, the portugal fan.

I was living in little Portugal the year they lost to Greece in the Euro. They still hit the streets in the thousands to party/drink their sorrows. So it's not like they riot or something. But there was one Greek fan driving super fast on the edges of little Portugal taunting, honking, flag waving, but staying his distance. He alone was driving them close to their breaking point.

I kinda miss living in that neighbourhood. Well, maybe just the chicken joints...

DB_Cooper said:
    I thought this was going to be a Soulhawk dis thread, on some 2 Girls, World Cup.

Ok I'll bite.
    In a low rent way, with some anagrams in an artistically licenced stylee-

A low husk
    Whak lous

Come back SH, your stroppy sulk is forgiven.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    ppadilha said:

They were probably just terms of endearment. In Uruguay, you know, the expression la puta que te pario and its variants (eg: la reputa que te pario, la concha de la puta que te pario, la reconcha de la reputa madre que te repario, etc and so on) are all used to express one's affection towards others.

You should practice yours platense spanish with this video:

Hah, don't even need to know what he's saying. Love it when somebody brings him some asprin and appears to be pleading with him to calm down.

Know any terms of endearment that don't involve "puta"? I want to eat my food, not wear it. :freeway:

• BigSpliffBigSpliff 3,266 Posts
    Duderonomy said:

Know any terms of endearment that don't involve "puta"? I want to eat my food, not wear it. :freeway:

Che boluda, voy a necesitar mimos cuando perdera mi equipo.

Actually, sod that, just play this song in her presence. She get hyped, jump around, then get all emotional and maybe cry. Then it's your move, playa.

badder_than_evil said:
    Wondering what Ppadilha and others experiences are with Brazilians in this situation?

it is generally true that brazilians are bad losers when it comes to football. People even say that brazilians don't like soccer, they just enjoy winning, which partly explains the low average attendances in the league and the throngs of fair-weather fans who appear when a team gets going.

I will admit to being pretty angry, in an angry drunk sort of way, when Brazil got knocked out by France in 2006. That was due to a combination of overblown expectations from a team that had Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Adriano, and Kaká all in top form, and the unpleasantness of losing to the french (again). The Dunga years dulled whatever luster the national team had to me, and two years of relentless hype/paranoia about the upcoming World Cup have brought the WORLD CUP MANIA exhaustion sooner than usual.

I still fucking love the Wolrd Cup though, and I think it will be awesome once it gets going. At least it better be awesome, because it will be last real World Cup.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts

I liked this version better:

b/w

Who you got escaping os grupos de morte? I predict Eng-er-land to flop massively.

Group A
    Brazil
    Croatia

Mexico
    Cameroon

Group B
    Spain
    Netherlands

Chile
    Australia

Group C
    Colombia
    Greece
    C├┤te d'Ivoire
    Japan

Group D
    Uruguay
    Costa Rica
    England
    Italy

Group E
    Switzerland
    Ecuador
    France
    Honduras

Group F
    Argentina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Iran
    Nigeria

Group G
    Germany
    Portugal

Ghana
    USA

Group H
    Belgium
    Algeria
    Russia
    Korea Republic

J i m s t e r said:
    I predict Eng-er-land to flop massively.

Fear not dude, the one Prof Stephen Hawking (working in conjunction w/ PaddyPower no less) has trawled the stats and found an equation that gives us the optimal chance of success.
    Unfortunately and alas, the probabilities only line up if we play 500m below sea level and field a team of bald fuckers.

So there is that.

Group A
    Brazil
    Croatia

Mexico
    Cameroon

Group B
    Spain
    Netherlands

Chile
    Australia

Group C
    Colombia
    Greece
    C├┤te d'Ivoire
    Japan

Group D
    Uruguay (I would say Ingerland has a chance only because Uruguay are not as solid as they were even 2 years ago)
    Costa Rica
    England
    Italy

Group E
    Switzerland
    Ecuador
    France
    Honduras

Group F
    Argentina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina

Iran
    Nigeria

Group G
    Germany
    Portugal
    Ghana (OK I'M JUST BEING HOPEFUL HERE)
    USA

Group H
    Belgium
    Algeria
    Russia
    Korea Republic

skel said:
    bald fuckers.

Makes sense. I guess the Jack "Comb-over" Charlton factor was behind our glory in '66. Add to that Zidane, Roberto Carlos... most of the winners have had slapheads in the squad.

Is it because Perluigi Collina had empathy for man?

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    Group A
    Brazil
    Croatia

Mexico
    Cameroon

Group B
    Spain
    Netherlands

Chile
    Australia

Group C
    Colombia
    Greece
    C├┤te d'Ivoire
    Japan

Group D
    Uruguay but injuries and aging forlan makes it harder
    Costa Rica
    England
    Italy

Group E
    Switzerland
    Ecuador this team will surprise people they killed it in SAmerica qualifiers
    France
    Honduras

Group F
    Argentina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Iran
    Nigeria

Group G
    Germany
    Portugal

Ghana
    USA

Group H
    Belgium
    Algeria
    Russia
    Korea Republic

ppadilha, we've been jinxed.

ÔÇ£Germany I think is one of the best teams in the moment, together with Spain. That is what I think. Brazil has a good team and I think it will be fantastic, it will very good if Brazil could come to the final with Germany, it would be fantastic.ÔÇØ
    ÔÇö Pel├®

• Ok - here we go. I didn't look at anyone else's just did my own.
    *Edit - No bolded teams, just set in finishing order

Group A
    Brazil
    Croatia
    Cameroon
    Mexico

Group B
    Spain
    Chile
    Holland
    Australia

Group C
    Colombia
    Ivory Coast
    Japan
    Greece

Group D
    Uruguay
    Italy
    England
    Costa Rica

Group E
    France
    Ecuador
    Honduras
    Switzerland

Group F
    Argentina
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Nigeria
    Iran

Group G
    Germany
    Portugal
    Ghana
    USA

Group H
    Belgium
    Russia
    Korea
    Algeria

You don't think Merimen will better Ghana?

Not to diss Hafricaan footy, but I am willing to give MLS and dem some shine.

I know the US have slapheads, for starters.

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    Clint Dempsey will punch Ronaldo in the dick and USA will beat Portugal. The USA will beat Ghana. The USA will advance out of the group with ze Germans.

• I can't see the US beating anyone in that group.
    They left out the best player they've ever had, the one player with the nerve for the big occasion.