'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    PatrickCrazy said:
    volumen said:

Your saying he's an old man that was taken advantage of. The pity is implied. If you don't feel sorry for him then you need to chose your words better.

I don't need to do a god damn thing. If I pitied him I would have said I pitied him. Maybe you need to ask questions before assuming shit?

It's been made abundantly clear that Sterling's money is what got everyone to ignore him for this long. Hell, he got the NAACP to lie down with him through donations. He loved to take people to court and beat them down with his money. It's hard to fight someone with that much power. One of the ways rich people exert their power is thorough the courts. They can afford to drag something out in litigation but usually the other side can't and settles or just gives up. The exact reason Kareem was so pissed. Kareem had a good point that this indecent is nothing compared to what Sterling has been up to for years.
    I don't get what your point is with all of this. That it sucks to be a poor racist? So what?

The guy final got caught on tape, 2.5 mil ain't shit to him, he's going to make a killing if/when he sells the Clippers and young gold diggers will line up to replace the one he just lost. This guy is still going to come out ahead he just can't show his face in public as much. He has taken advantage of everyone, not the other way around.

Ok. Still don't get what your point is.

LOL. I thought you weren't mad? You apparently don't know what words mean or how to use them.

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    so after doing more reading of articles I was convinced that I was wrong that the other owners could vote him out. But now they are saying that 75 percent vote can force him to sell? was I correct in the first place?

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

Will Indiana continue to implode?

In semi-related news Paul George's house was burglarized during the game 5 loss. Could you imagine dealing with that type of insult to injury? I'd be so damn defeated.

Muthafuckas burnt down Reggie Miller's house so im not surprised.

Yeah, but in all fairness...Reggie Miller has a naval tattoo of the sun.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

In semi-related news Paul George's house was burglarized during the game 5 loss. Could you imagine dealing with that type of insult to injury? I'd be so damn defeated.

He didnt then.

batmon said:

That housing discrimination tirade was spot on.

batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:
    JectWon said:
    batmon said:

He didnt then.

Clearly a naval tattoo apologist....

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    People who are not the bad guy:
    The Girl Friend
    The Players
    The Fans

batmon said:

There are some good matchups in the First Round.

Will the Spurs get knocked.
    Can the Clippers collapse or gather themselves?
    Is Portland the Real Deal?
    Washington & Wall growing up?
    Will The Bobcats gain from this experience?
    Can Toronto prevail?

No.
    Yes.
    Collapse.
    Realer than Houston.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    No.

I've refrained from saying this, but, most of the teams in the East, those with records worse than Memphis', shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

LaserWolf said:
    batmon said:

There are some good matchups in the First Round.

Will the Spurs get knocked.
    Can the Clippers collapse or gather themselves?
    Is Portland the Real Deal?
    Washington & Wall growing up?
    Will The Bobcats gain from this experience?
    Can Toronto prevail?

No.
    Yes.
    Collapse.
    Realer than Houston.
    Yes.
    Yes.
    No.

I've refrained from saying this, but, most of the teams in the East, those with records worse than Memphis', shouldn't even be in the playoffs.

I heard talk that they would just feature the top 16 teams regardless of conference and just get rid of West/East all together.

• sadly, this is the lesson he is going to learn:

Donald Sterling NBA Fine Calculator

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Zards!

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    rootlesscosmo said:

Oh shit. That guy put things into perspective and spoke the truth on the effects of residential segregation.

• yooooooooooo

joey Crawford just iced durant on the free throw line in OT.

what a fucking spectacle that old peckerhead is.

• meanwhile, good ol Rusty Westbook hoisted up 31 shots in a loss with the greatest raw scoring talent in modern basketball sitting on the wing.

vintageinfants said:
    meanwhile, good ol Rusty Westbook hoisted up 31 shots in a loss with the greatest raw scoring talent in modern basketball sitting on the wing.

He did have 13 assists though.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That Bomani Jones clip is so heavy on so many levels.

vintageinfants said:
    yooooooooooo

Joey Crawford should have been ejected from the NBA long ago.
    I went on a don'tcomplainabouttherefstirade a few pages back, but that guy is other level bad.
    I remember in the early 90s he used to always clash with Drexler.
    Crawford knows the games, and makes right calls, but never in an effort to make a fair game. Always in an effort to make himself the most important person on the court. Last time he was in Portland the commentators said he made every first half call. None of the other refs ever blew their whistle.

LaserWolf said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yooooooooooo

I went on a don'tcomplainabouttherefstirade a few pages back, but that guy is other level bad.
    Crawford knows the games, and makes right calls, but never in an effort to make a fair game. Always in an effort to make himself the most important person on the court. Last time he was in Portland the commentators said he made every first half call. None of the other refs ever blew their whistle.

So everyone can see what they re talking about...

Jesus, I hate that dude....

Exactly.
    Correcting the score board is the right thing to do. But someone with less ego would do it during a dead ball. Joey Crawford wants to be more important than Durant shooting a free throw to tie game with 27secs left.
    And dude has been the center of all kinds of controversies on and off the court for decades.

• JectWon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yooooooooooo

this couldn't have taken place after the second free throw? he's definitely a part of the referee problem.

again i reiterate: "(Tim) Donaghy attended Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield, Pennsylvania[4] along with three other NBA referees: Joe Crawford, Mike Callahan, and Ed Malloy"

donaghy:

crawford:

callahan:

malloy:

JectWon said:
    LaserWolf said:
    vintageinfants said:
    yooooooooooo

this couldn't have taken place after the second free throw? he's definitely a part of the referee problem.

again i reiterate: "(Tim) Donaghy attended Cardinal O'Hara High School in Springfield, Pennsylvania[4] along with three other NBA referees: Joe Crawford, Mike Callahan, and Ed Malloy"

donaghy:

crawford:

callahan:

malloy:

Interesting. I do think it's hilarious that the NBA tries to act like Donaghy was the only mobbed up ref in the game...

• OptimusLimeOptimusLime 227 Posts
    Now that the controversy is over (a little bit), can we get back to what the hell happened (that's right past tense) to the Pacers??

The Hawks are BEATING them. Not just winning, but BEATING them. Hibbert didn't score and had 4 rebounds in a game.... WHAT?? The hell happened behind the scenes in Indiana....

Also Wizards win in 5 playing excellent offensive ball. Good show. They'll get beat by the other teams in round 2, but good on them for getting to round 2.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts
    OptimusLime said:

Also Wizards win in 5 playing excellent offensive ball. Good show. They'll get beat by the other teams in round 2, but good on them for getting to round 2.

not a sure thing they lose in round 2 when they're gonna get atlanta. gonna be a slugfest watched by hundreds of people.

• vintageinfantsvintageinfants 4,537 Posts

• motown67motown67 4,513 Posts
    On a side note Granger may be missed in Indiana but he ain't doin shit for the Clippers in the playoffs.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    motown67 said:
    On a side note Granger may be missed in Indiana but he ain't doin shit for the Clippers in the playoffs.

As has already been discussed, Granger's departure amplified Indiana's interpersonal struggles, he is not missed on the court. Hibbert is clearly broken, and no matter what his stats reflect in any given game, George Hill is garbage - not remotely a true point guard or leader. If the Hawks can get Paul George in foul trouble in game 7, it's a wrap for the Pacers. That said, I've completely turned around on Stephenson in the past year... the organization needs to free up the cash and ante up to keep him. His postgame interviews are fantastic.

My apologies for rehashing the shit show, but this cannot be ignored...muh' fuggin Kurupt was photographed leaving Donald Sterling's side-piece's crib?

Fucking hilarious...

The Donald Sterling case keeps getting stranger by the day, as a photo surfaced today of rapper Kurupt leaving the house of Sterling's girlfriend V. Stiviano. There seems to be no real connection between Stiviano and Kurupt, other than that she follows him on Instagram, and she has also shouted him out on her IG. In the photo though, which was caught on camera by a NBC4 in Los Angeles, Kurupt is clearly wearing one of her trademarked hats. It is also worth noting that Stiviano is very good friends with the infamous Karrine Steffans, who is more famously known as Super Head. (Complex)