All of these videos are DOPE AS F*CK (fmR)

2»

Comments

• SaracenusSaracenus 671 Posts
    For those in need of an album cover for their iPod/mp3 player:

Simple, but effective...

• jimeyjimey 279 Posts
    Love the way it cuts to the next video and you're sitting waiting to see what they produce before they play one note and it cuts away again.

very dope

• Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts

• GrandfatherGrandfather 2,303 Posts
    so dam face melting.

• Ridiculous!

Those Purdie drum videos are so 'over the top'.

Thread necromancy...

Saw this last night while looking at my YouTube subscriptions...

Live from Ketezev Festival, Tel Aviv 2014:

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    This is really wonderful. Thank you for sharing.

It reminds me of this Christian Marclay exhibit I saw a decade ago called the Video Quartet that I was obsessed with, except this is impeccable in execution

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Saracenus said:
    Thread necromancy...

Amazing vids!!
    Live version is great too...

With the risk of being booed off this board, i really don't know this song. Is it a cover version?

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    Saracenus said:
    Thread necromancy...

shit that was dope....glad to see kutiman had the same effect on me when I first listened to all those tracks back then, I ripped all that and had it on repeat for months in the ipodz, glad to see he's doing new shit.

leon said:

Amazing vids!!
    Live version is great too...

With the risk of being booed off this board, i really don't know this song. Is it a cover version?

Actually the whole ThruYou project was assembled purely from YouTube videos. If you go to the beginning of the thread and click to the YouTube.com you can see all the different videos (with links) that make up the song. Kutiman cut them all together and BAM! Facemelt...

For example the song Just A Lady vocal track is taken from this a cappella gem...

dj_cityboy, yeah I ripped that stuff to my iPod too. I still break it out every so often.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    Saracenus said:

Actually the whole ThruYou project was assembled purely from YouTube videos. If you go to the beginning of the thread and click to the YouTube.com you can see all the different videos (with links) that make up the song. Kutiman cut them all together and BAM! Facemelt...

ya man, this for me is what made it the most dope, like...here is this track I made and all the sources - check it!, for people who don't "get how music is created" it also gives a cool perspective into what is going on and how...so fresh!

its funny that this is being brought up because there is a topic about sampling youtubes videos here somewhere