'13-'14 NBA SEASON Where feelings get hurt

Comments

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    From last night's assessment, I too am not a believer in the Blazers....Aldridge is a really good player. But they need more inside play. Too many jumpers. I do however like Aldridge's overall activity. He does a lot of things on both ends.

Shaq took 5 footers on 55% FG for 3 titles with LA. It's much easier than trying to bury 10~15fters for 48minutes.

That said, there is no dominant team in the West. With Westbrook, it would be OKC.

As for Indiana, def like their chances better. They play D....So does Miami but they're in cruise mode right now.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Fuckin Bynum to my Pacers???? WTHelllllzzzzzNah.

Are they actually gonna use him? Or are they keeping him from rivals.

• parenparen 537 Posts
    batmon said:
    keeping him from rivals.

That's 100% my hope. 1 Mil and Miami can't snag him to foul Roy.

paren said:
    batmon said:
    keeping him from rivals.

Bynum flew to Indianapolis from Cleveland on Friday and had dinner with Pacers officials that evening, including Bird and coach Frank Vogel. Asked the primary impression Bynum made at the gathering, Vogel said ???overall enthusiasm.??? ???He knows this is the right place for him,??? Vogel said. ???We believe we're the right place for him, also. He expressed that he wants to fit in, which is the word we like to hear around here with our team-first mentality.???

So he's gonna all of sudden be motivated cause The Pacers are contenders?

Suspect sportsmanship.

• batmon said:
    paren said:
    batmon said:
    keeping him from rivals.

Bynum flew to Indianapolis from Cleveland on Friday and had dinner with Pacers officials that evening, including Bird and coach Frank Vogel. Asked the primary impression Bynum made at the gathering, Vogel said ???overall enthusiasm.??? ???He knows this is the right place for him,??? Vogel said. ???We believe we're the right place for him, also. He expressed that he wants to fit in, which is the word we like to hear around here with our team-first mentality.???

Suspect sportsmanship.

"I???ve never met another player in the league who likes basketball less [than Bynum]." - anonymous teammate

"Andrew Bynum? What the f---?" Kobe Bryant reportedly said on tape last spring. "Are you kidding me? Andrew Bynum? F------ ship his ass out."

league source tells Yahoo: "He doesn't want to play basketball anymore. He never liked it that much in first place."

batmon said:
    paren said:
    batmon said:
    keeping him from rivals.

Suspect sportsmanship.

Friend or foe.

You won't be bitching if he helps yall.

yuichi said:
    batmon said:
    paren said:
    batmon said:
    keeping him from rivals.

Suspect sportsmanship.

Friend or foe.

You won't be bitching if he helps yall.

I sure wont.

It's hard to knock a dude that plays with as much heart as Blake Griffin....win or lose. D'Andre Jordan is def the second coming of a Ben Wallace-type player. Strictly rebounds and blocks.

Darren Collison is a heck of a defender too.

So much easier to roots for the Clips when CP is not running the show..

Miami outlclassed 'em though. I don't see how any Western conference team is stopping them.

Bron is definitely in his prime....

yuichi said:
    It's hard to knock a dude that plays with as much heart as Blake Griffin....win or lose. D'Andre Jordan is def the second coming of a Ben Wallace-type player. Strictly rebounds and blocks.

Darren Collison is a heck of a defender too.

So much easier to roots for the Clips when CP is not running the show..

Miami outlclassed 'em though. I don't see how any Western conference team is stopping them.

Im convinced that OKC can beat Miami or any WC team in a series.

Since it's basketball, any thoughts on Marcus Smart incident? "Fans" are out of line, and they get shoved. Grown men, acting like complete idiots. One of the biggest pussy moves IMO, when a player is fighting to win, collapses into the crowd, and you feel the need to yell something ignorant in their ear. It doesn't help that the fans are usually white and the athletes usually black.

Fuck these dudes, for real. They're kids playing basketball....."YEA THAT'S RIGHT, STAY DOWN!". I bet it doesn't feel good when even when the "N" word wasn't used (as Smart claims) when you are in enemy territory and some older white guy yells that sorta shit while you are being helped up. You wonder why mofos get defensive across America.

• the way i see it, there is absolutely NO WAY he didn't yell "n****r"...... with most likely a strong emphasis on the R.

makes me absolutely sick to know that this guy stooped to that, no matter how bad he feels about it. overcome by the pack mentality is no excuse for such ignorance.

and now the big 12 has the unfortunate responsibility of having to suspend the kid. they HAVE to suspend him or they set a dangerous precedent. regardless of the disgusting nature of the provocation, he sadly waived many of his rights by reacting the way he did.

i'll bet his greatest regret is that he didn't actually pop him knowing he would be punished regardless.

vintageinfants said:
    the way i see it, there is absolutely NO WAY he didn't yell "n****r"...... with most likely a strong emphasis on the R..

Quite possible and probable that "N" word was used, considering how fast Marcus Smart reacted. "Stay down motherfucker!" or something to that effect is just as bad though.

i'll bet his greatest regret is that he didn't actually pop him knowing he would be punished regardless.

Yup.

Chris Paul back. Clippers up by 56 points at the 3rd quarter mark against the Sixers.....ouch.

That back-to-back alley-oop windmill by Griffin was not bad either.

Olidipe - ROY.

• Orr is confirmed to have said "go back to Africa". Might also have said "nigger" (unconfirmed)

• Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Orr is confirmed to have said "go back to Africa". Might also have said "nigger" (unconfirmed)

yesterday it was 'piece of crap'

today it's 'go back to africa'.

what's it going to be [del]tomorrow[/del]. this afternoon when the audio is released.

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    I watched Marcus Smart in H.S., know his coach (amazingly, he went to Marcus High School) and this kid is not anything close to a knucklehead.

The rumors have been flying in regards to what the "superfan" said.

Some of the supposed quotes deserve an ass whipping and some don't.

College kids don't get paid enough to endure verbal abuse.

• College kids don't get paid [del]enough[/del] to endure verbal abuse.

Jonny_Paycheck said:
    Orr is confirmed to have said "go back to Africa". Might also have said "nigger" (unconfirmed)

yesterday it was 'piece of crap'

today it's 'go back to africa'.

what's it going to be [del]tomorrow[/del]. this afternoon when the audio is released.

If anything, Marcus Smart is gonna have more fans now.

He wasn't even wrong in this case, and still made a sincere apology publicly.

College kids don't get paid enough to endure verbal abuse.

How about when a 6'9" giant shoves you and a fan throws beer at you? Should that have been endured as well?

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Jonny_Paycheck said:

As a spectator, I shoved a fellow spectator at the 1990 Texas state semi-final when he (from a place he musta thought it woulda been safe to do so) loudly told a bunch of LBJ Jaguar fans to "go back to Africa".

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    yuichi said:

Based on all the facts as they have been reported and apparently agreed on......Marcus was definitely wrong for physically attacking dude.

• Based on his reaction, Smart must take extreme offense to the phrase "piece of crap."

Rockadelic said:
    yuichi said:

Based on all the facts as they have been reported and apparently agreed on......Marcus was definitely wrong for physically attacking dude.

Should he have ran away from the scene, and just forgot about it? Not wrong for a shove.

Maybe the next fan will think twice about what comes out of their mouth.

apparently agreed on

by who?

• they should just stop selling tickets in philly for this year.

turn off the lights. shit is OVER.

On a different subject.....

The dunk contest has some decent contestants. Rules are made by some cornballs though and is gonna be wack............

Also, they need to ban PROPS. That shit makes it extra corny.

2014 Sprite Slam Dunk

TWO TEAMS OF THREE COMPETITORS -- Three players representing the Eastern Conference and three players representing the Western Conference will compete in the two-round competition.

COMPETITION FORMAT

> The competition will feature two unique rounds of dunks. Both rounds will be team-based.

FREESTYLE ROUND

> The three dunkers for each conference will have a 90-second time limit for all three of them to participate in a freestyle dunk exhibition, featuring an unlimited number of dunks.

> Each dunker must make at least one dunk attempt during the freestyle round. Dunkers can attempt dunks in any order they determine and are free to assist each other.

> The East team will dunk first, followed by the West.

> After both teams compete, the panel of three judges will review their performances and submit a vote by selecting "East" or "West".

> The conference team with the higher number of judges' votes in the Freestyle Round will be given the choice of order for dunks in the Battle Round.

BATTLE ROUND

> The Battle Round will consist of head-to-head matchups pitting the East dunkers vs. the West dunkers.

> Each dunker will be limited to three attempts to complete a Battle Round dunk.

> The panel of judges will decide the winner of each head-to-head battle by choosing "East" or "West".

> Upon losing a head-to-head battle, the losing dunker is eliminated from the competition.

> The first conference to win THREE head-to-head battles will win the Battle Round and be crowned Slam Dunk champions.

> If a fourth or ultimately a fifth head-to-head battle is necessary to determine the winner, the remaining players from each conference will compete in the same order in which they began the Battle Round.

So apparently, there will not be ONE champion, but a TEAM will win.....WTF. Did Adam Silver come up with this shit?

• shut the dunk off down for 5-10 years too.

vintageinfants said:
    shut the dunk off down for 5-10 years too.

Dwight in 2008 was the last good one.