Eastbound and Down (final season)

fishmongerfunkfishmongerfunk 4,154 Posts
edited October 2013 in Strut Central
the show has evolved in a pretty odd way. still some laughs to be had...anyone else watching?

Comments

• The most recent episode had several very funny lines. I still ride. It kind of went to a bad place for a bit, but I kind of like where it's at now.

• Double

• This season is great. I'm actually pretty conflicted because I find myself wanting Kenny to return to being the total self-centered sociopath hes been for seasons. They did a good job of making me route for a terrible dude.

The lines have been as hilarious as ever if not more. Stevie is especially killing it.

SQUIRTING

• Grandfather said:
    This season is great.

as has been every season.

genius satire: marriage, race, sports.

they nail it everytime.

• Grandfather said:
    This season is great. I'm actually pretty conflicted because I find myself wanting Kenny to return to being the total self-centered sociopath hes been for seasons. They did a good job of making me route for a terrible dude.

The lines have been as hilarious as ever if not more. Stevie is especially killing it.

SQUIRTING

YOU CAN'T GET AIDS FROM A TOILET SEAT, KENNY

Oh man, that whole exchange had wife and I rolling.

• Episode 2 when Kenny comes to Stevie's track home and starts throwing shit around.

"No, not the napkins!!!!"

Oh man. So good.

• The robot seems like a pretty obvious riff on Rocky but dam if I didn't spit out my drink when he was holding it like a baby.

• Stevie is killing it this season. That whole Aids scene was hilarious. I laughed more in that episode than any of the recent ones. I like this new angle this season though and the sportscaster thing has been good.

• I just want you to take a second, OK,
    and just imagine that you're sitting in a dugout
    and you're looking across the field
    and who's there, in the other dugout,
    is AIDS. A team of AIDS.

Baseball cap on and a uniform. All skinny with lesions.

• The thing that would make me happy is if all these kids had aids.

• When Stevie says dont be racist was brilliant

• parenparen 537 Posts
    The bell is for symbolism.

• Grandfather said:

The robot seems like a pretty obvious riff on Rocky but dam if I didn't spit out my drink when he was holding it like a baby.

• Amazing episode last night. This season is quickly turning into something special. Like the breaking bad of fucked up comedies

• paren said:
    The bell is for symbolism.

^^ that was great ^^

"ancient affairs...industrialism...let's get elite."

• thropethrope 750 Posts
    have always liked the show but looking back the second half of season 2 and most of season 3 were kind of forgettable. this season has been amazing. can't wait for the jetpack battle with ken marino

• Almost over dudes. This season gave us one of the funniest moments ever on this show.

The fixins

• Stevie's outfits this season alone....

• Stevie blowing his new chin off and then asking Maria "do I look good?" after she messily props it back in place. Stevie has had some incredibly funny scenes. Actually most of his scenes are hilarious.

A scene that killed me from previous seasons was when Kenny had the baby in the backpack and he put lettuce in there for sustenance.