Sapporo Japan

GaryGary 3,982 Posts
edited August 2013 in Strut Central
Ill be there in a week. Staying for two weeks. What's good for sightseeing, eating, drinking and some local culture?

Also where is a good place to
Get drunk

Comments

• parenparen 537 Posts
    Years back, I spent a couple of days in Sapporo when en route to Asahikawa. I remember enjoying Ramen Sakurajima, but truly... just eat everything. It's cliche to speak of the quality of food throughout Hokkaido, but it is one of my favorite places to eat in the world. Have a good trip.

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    Are you able to be mobile via car, train, or otherwise? I've spent some time in Hokkaido, but mostly north central region, and my time in the city of Sapporo was limited.
    You should try to head over to Furano to Yuigadokuson. Way off the beaten path curry restaurant that was sick and a good place to drink beer and feel like you are definitely in another world. Miso and Curry Restaurants in general are going to treat you right.

If you are into the outdoors I can recommend some great hikes in the Daisetsuzan Mountain Range.

Canadian World in Ashibetsu has to be seen to be believed. I think it was built during the 80s economic boom and now stands as a virtually abandoned theme part trying to represent an Anne of Greene Gables era Canadian town (which is the influence and general theme).

Hakodate is a cool city to explore as well.

Don't know if that helps so much...

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    Japan has a CANADIAN WORLD?!?!

That's fucking awesome.

• sneakypsneakyp 202 Posts
    Yes, and they didn't come weak with it either.
    They even went so far as to cast the sewer drains with the Anne Of Green Gables emblem....

• BeatChemistBeatChemist 1,465 Posts
    One more reason Japan is on my bucket list. Damn!!! Googling this shit right now...

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    Isnt there a Sapporo brewery there too? You can kill two birds - visit something AND get drunk at the same time ;)

• Japan has a major fascination with Anne of Green Gables. can't recall why exactly.

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    Prince Edward Island (in Canada) is flooded with Japanese tourists visiting Anne-related stuffs every year.

• GaryGary 3,982 Posts
    Jeez.... Canada World. I might have to check it out.