profile avatar. how often do you change it?

jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
edited July 2013 in Strut Central
since i signed up i don't think i ever have.
you?

Comments

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    When I got banned, I came back under a pseudonym and that's why I used the avatar of Towlie in the mustache from the million little fibers episode - that shows you how long ago that was. And then when I was readmitted to society I just kept it. I can't remember what I was originally.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Haven't changed mine.

Maybe I'm due for an upgrade.

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Haven't changed mine.

yours is way too hard to upgrade!

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    Bon Vivant said:
    Haven't changed mine.

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    sabadabada said:
    When I got banned, I came back under a pseudonym and that's why I used the avatar of Towlie in the mustache from the million little fibers episode - that shows you how long ago that was. And then when I was readmitted to society I just kept it. I can't remember what I was originally.

Was it Brazilian Octopus?

• sabadabadasabadabada 5,966 Posts
    The_Non said:
    sabadabada said:

Was it Brazilian Octopus?

I really cant remember, but I dont think I owned that LP when I first joined. I was more a straight bossa guy. It was this board that promted me to look for Brazilian soul and prog.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    helps if I read the post...doh

haven't changed my since joining

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    jammy said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    Haven't changed mine.

Haha!

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    hi sweethearts

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    I've had maybe 3-4 avatars total? I can't remember what I was before this Eazy-E / Crossroads pic.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    I think I change it more than I post.

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,083 Posts
    I think I had five or so since I joined. Last one was the design from Fotokem's (local company that deals with film stock and post production) old reel boxes

Before that was Richard Conte

Currently, it's John Cassavetes' last on-screen role (Love Streams) where he's dressed like Paddington Bear (where has Faux Rillz been?!?)

I'll probably change it soon to some mind-bender cover design like Herbie Mann's "Today" or Mar-Keys' "Great Memphis Sound"

• Never had one, never changed it.

I do, however, change usernames as needed.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    Any time I have a new mix out I change it.

• phono13phono13 842 Posts
    I think I've had this one going since 2005... when I lived in L.A., CA, and a dog was the closest thing I had to a child.

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    Whenever the muse strikes, follicles. I love me some Life and Times of TIm, so that's been my jam for a while. I also think it lends the proper appearance of deadpan delivery that I intend with my posts.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    This one was a bespoke design by Saracenus (where he gone), brother of Dr. Wu (where he gone).

The blue n black design was early 2010, then the man graciously redesigned with the flag of St George just in time for England v Teh US in the football (no hand-egg) World Cup of summer 2010.

Just to rile the former colonials amongst us.

He says at the time, don't you want the Union Jack instead?
    And the only decent response to that is: GTFOOHWTBS

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Refresh us on the nationalist saints.
    George = England
    Patrick = Ireland
    William? = Scotland?
    ? = Wales?

Do the other little places get a saint? Like Jersey and Guernsey?
    Was Ian a saint? Or do all you all just think that's a great name?

Please drop the knowledge, I'm bored.

• toby.dtoby.d 254 Posts
    Saint Andrew of Scotland and Saint David of Wales. Jersey and such places do also have saints. It seems like anything you could think of has its own patron saint so Ian is probably the saint of something.

Do they all have their own days too?

• DB_CooperDB_Cooper Manhatin' 7,823 Posts
    toby.d said:
    Saint Andrew of Scotland and Saint David of Wales. Jersey and such places do also have saints. It seems like anything you could think of has its own patron saint so Ian is probably the saint of something.

Do they all have their own days too?

Fuck them saints and their August 25, or whatever. The Norse gods have their own days every damn week. Talmbout Tuesday through Friday, batches.

:hard_as_fuck: :real_headz:

• NateBizzoNateBizzo 2,328 Posts
    I've had the same avatar since 2001.

Now get off my lawn.

• DB_Cooper said:
    I also think it lends the proper appearance of deadpan delivery that I intend with my posts.

same goes here. i do everything in real life just like paul newman.