Fav episode of Seinfeld

mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
edited April 2013 in Strut Central
Taking a page out of a downtownrobbrown's poast...

The Opposite.

Too obvious? Can't be beat imo.

Comments

• soup nazi

• hands down fav.

Episode no. 84 "The Fire"

GEORGE (voice is hoarse from screaming): I...was trying to lead the way. We needed a leader! Someone to lead the way to safety.

peace, stein . . .

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    gotta say "the opposite" is a strong episode..but i gotta go with "the contest" as my fav. episode..i hope this shit gets a bluray release pretty soon

• youngEINSTEIN said:
    hands down fav.

Episode no. 84 "The Fire"

GEORGE (voice is hoarse from screaming): I...was trying to lead the way. We needed a leader! Someone to lead the way to safety.

peace, stein . . .

cop-"how do you live with yourself"? george-"it's not easy".

• The-gafflerThe-gaffler 2,190 Posts
    "The Wig Master"

• LoopDreamsLoopDreams 1,195 Posts
    Love the one where Kramer has Asian business men paying to lodge in the drawers of his dresser.

• The Raise UpThe Raise Up Golden Years... wah wah wah 452 Posts
    Vandelay! Say Vandelay industries!

• Controller_7Controller_7 4,052 Posts
    The shit where George carries the rascal scooter is pretty boss. So many good lines from that show.

What? Jerry! I'm an old man.

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Soo many good ones:

1. Pirate Shirt
    2. the girlfriend name who rhymes with Connie Linguis
    3. Junior Mints
    4. Soup Nazi
    5. Penski Files

• HorseleechHorseleech 3,830 Posts
    Kramer burns down Susan's parents cabin.

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    It's impossible to pick a favorite. Soup nazis and junior mints are classics. Muffin tops and the calzone episode also come to mind.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    I've only caught a few episodes here and there, but I remember the Frogger episode had me busting up. I'm a sucker for silly shit like that.

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    Jspr said:
    Hon. mention to the one where George is dating a bald woman ("HELLO!")
    haha. That's a great one.
    "I DONT LIKE THIS THING, AND HERE'S WHAT I'M DOING WITH IT!!!"

• the one where Kramer hops onstage in front of a crowd at a comedy club and starts yelling the n-word and oh wait... nevermind that was irl.

• KadinkKadink Mainstream hip-hop is losing its street edge 98 Posts
    I always preferred the library cop one because he reminded me of my dad.

• serch4beatzserch4beatz Switzerland 521 Posts
    picoandsepulveda said:
    the one where Kramer hops onstage in front of a crowd at a comedy club and starts yelling the n-word and oh wait... nevermind that was irl.

• Remember the one where Kramer is wearing blackface? "I don't see a whiteboy, I see a damn FOOL!!"

• CastenedaCasteneda 100 Posts
    It's funny that you mentioned "The Opposite" as your favorite. I just watched that episode last night (for probably the 20th time) as I have the box set of all the episodes and I told my wife that it's my favorite of all-time, followed by probably "The Outing", and "The Contest".

• Maybe I'm the only one but I've always loved the Kenny Rogers Roasters episode.

As for quotes, there are just so many greats but for me one of the best is:

"We're collectors. We see things of great beauty and...we must have them."

• FeldmanFeldman 50 Posts
    for a soulstrut-related pick, I love when Newman and Kramer decide to start selling used records, especially when they are in the old mans house digging through his collection all giddy, Kramer knows the deal about sergio mendes raers too

also Kramers time in (and leading up to) LA is pretty great

"Often I sit, and yearn"

"I'm doing what I do. You know, I've always done what I do. I'm doing what I do, way I've always done and the way I'll always do it."

• DanteDante 371 Posts
    man, impossible to pick one. the marine biologist for sure, and the junior mints, and the public library. the one wehere kramer goes 'levels' is also a favorite. and from the later seasons, the one where jerry and kramer switch apartments is tight.

• LokoOneLokoOne 1,823 Posts
    The suede jacket one mainly because of Elaine's dad....

The one with the white chick with the Asian name that gets Jerry's tax papers...

The Impeachment one - when Jerry buys his dad a car and shit goes down...

The one were Kramer accidently stomps on the puerto rican flag and gets chased...

pretty much any episode EXCEPT the last one..... "what a way to go out...out like a sucker"

• MjukisMjukis 1,675 Posts
    The opposite, the contest and the marine biologist are probably the GOATS. But there's a lot of episodes I love... I really like the Kenny Rogers episode. I love the Lloyd Braun episodes too, The Gum is really funny. "It's a perfectly SANE food to eat".

Love the one where George is forcing himself on a family to watch the movie version of "Breakfast at Tiffanys" so he doesn't have to read the book for his book club. When he shushes the wife who comes home after meeting a sick friend/relative... CLASSIC GEORGE.

• for a soulstrut-related pick, I love when Newman and Kramer decide to start selling used records, especially when they are in the old mans house digging through his collection all giddy, Kramer knows the deal about sergio mendes raers too

you can see newman holding a cold chillin 12"

• mattBmattB (FTB) Anywhere 673 Posts
    I just watched "The Switch". Maybe a top 3. George absolutely owns it.
    Do you ever just get down on your knees and thank god that you know me and have access to my dementia?

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Maybe no the best episode, but I often find myself yelling "SERENITY NOW" a la Frank Costanza in my daily life. It helps.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts
    "The Hamptons" with the ugly baby. Plus, of course, shrinkage.

Also, George's various gambits to try to get Susan to call off the wedding. The one where he pretends to be a smoker is hilarious.

"I've never seen you smoke."
    "Oh yeah...big smoker."
    "I don't like this one bit."
    "I can't stop now! I'm addicted! They've got a hold of me!"

In the vein of the seinfeldtoday and seinfeldstories Twitter pages, I had some notions for 2013 Senfeld episodes last week:

Kramer declares his apartment to be a pop-up vintage clothing boutique. Jerry: "So you're charging people to rummage through your closet?" Kramer: "It's a legitimate business model, Jerry!" Jerry breaks up with his girlfriend (Mila Kunis) because she watches Adult Swim. "If the cartoons are already made for adults, that sucks all the fun out of it!"

• Feldman said:
    for a soulstrut-related pick, I love when Newman and Kramer decide to start selling used records, especially when they are in the old mans house digging through his collection all giddy, Kramer knows the deal about sergio mendes raers too

Which episode is that?