Pitchfuck is streaming the new Bowie album.

DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
Get stuck in.

I'm listening to it now. I was all set for a massive disappointment, followed by a prolonged attempt to convince myself that it hadn't all been a whole lot of fuss about nothing.

Instead...

Comments

• It's been getting good write ups from what I've heard.

• JuniorJunior 4,853 Posts
    Had a listen through and it sounds pretty decent. Having had a tenuous interest at best with most of his output of the last 30 years I'd say that it's about as good as I could ever expect or hope. I still don't know whether I'd play it or lot but think that's more to do with my need for new Bowie in my life than anything else. There's a lot to take in there though so will try and give it another play through to let it seep in.

On a side note, anyone going to the V&A exhibition?

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts
    it's much better than I expected, but i'm not sure if i will remember it a month from now.
    BallzDeep

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    ::vomit::

So, despite evidence pointing to the opposite, it turns out Bowie isn't about to shuffle off this mortal coil quietly and and instead has another new album....

Thanks to Spotify blocking at work I've only heard a patchy quality preview but I have to say that what I've heard pleases me in a way that The Next Day never ended up doing; there's some proper kick in this one. Sure, there is nothing mind blowing here and at this point there is no real need for any new Bowie in the world (title track apart I'm probably happy to visit once or twice and move on) but I am definitely not mad at this.

Anyone else? 
    ManItsAHighCastle

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Dead.

RIP

It appears that my previous comment might have been slightly off the mark.

Really sad about this one. RIP.