WEB HOSTING Strut

Mr_Lee_PHDMr_Lee_PHD 2,042 Posts
edited March 2013 in Strut Central
Hey dudes.

Hoping there's a Strutteur or two with some knowledge to drop, since we all have such diverse backgrounds.

I've got a website which is off the hook with visitors right now and my host (freeola) is slapping my wrist cause it's robbing resources for everyone else hosted on that server.

It's not heavy on multimedia or anything, it's just too damn busy, so they keep taking the site offline.

Anyone know a decently priced host that can deal with 300,000+ visitors a day?

Paece.
Lee.

Comments

• parenparen 537 Posts
    Rackspace.

• Danno3000Danno3000 2,850 Posts
    Try my buddy Ken Chase at Heavy Computing Concerns, math @ sizone.org. He's hosted my site for years and is unusually good.

• MondeyanoMondeyano Reykjavik 863 Posts
    I use 1&1 which have been pretty good.

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    You're in the UK, right? Vidahost get a good rep, or Mediatemple are good for bigger sites.

Also, Eukhost, use them a lot.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,885 Posts
    paren said:
    Rackspace.

Rackspace may not be the cheapest solution but their service and support is by far above and beyond any other that I have worked with.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Sounds like you already have a kick ass site built so this might be slightly off the mark but I hear great things about their hosting reliability.

http://www.squarespace.com/pricing/

You'll notice that a significant part of their biz model/solution is offering website composition/creation but, again, they do have a really reliable hosting solution as well.

• paren said:
    Rackspace.

Go with Rackspace or Rackspace Cloud. It sounds like you are just serving up HTML, you could probably run with a cheap plan ($25-$50 a month) and inch up the pricing if you see slow page loads. The other option would be Amazon Web Services but there will be no hand holding with them.

The days of $150 monthly mom & pop hosting plans ala Big Brad's Byte Barn are long over.