Is there anyway I can get a Heatwave sweater knitted?

SunfadeSunfade 799 Posts
edited January 2016 in Off Topic (NRR)

Comments

• i have ALWAYS wanted one of these.

someone should contact one of these custom sweater makers on the web & get a bunch made up. i'd buy in an instant.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    +1

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    +1

• id feel obligated to get one

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Delay said:

Here's what my customer said when she received her custom design sweater: "???I have returned from my trip. My boyfriend loved the sweater. He was definitely surprised. He said "I cant wait for sweater season" he is exited about wearing it. Thank you again for making this surprise for him possible.??? Nydia R.

Several months later, I got another request from a different customer for this same design, this time as a short sleeve pullover sweater for a woman. Notice the shorter, fitted, cropped style of the sweater, color red hot, with poplin blue deep ribbing at the bottom edge and with roll-up sleeves, designed to be worn over a long-sleeve teeshirt. It was a Mother's Day gift from a gentleman whose wife is a devoted fan of this particular rock star.

I never did find out what "ZOSO" means.

• As the folks in my elementary school told me, "fashion is pain' These types of stylish articles lack the substance a person would appreciate everyday for months.

Coinage was made for records, sweaters are just to be worn while listening.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    Guzzo said:

"...it feels like I can finally check off that box in my life's to-do list."

I can both applaud this and pity it.

I guess he'll be a while with "#294 F*ck supermodel".

• I call Susan yesterday and dropped an email. The message on her phone said that because its winter she's so busy she can't answer her phone.

I'll let you guys know what's up.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Eggplant Xanadoo said:
    I call Susan yesterday and dropped an email. The message on her phone said that because its winter she's so busy she can't answer her phone.

I'll let you guys know what's up.

I reached out to her via e-mail and sent her a link to the available google images of the sweaters. here is her response

Hi, ***m - yes, it looks like it would be possible, but do you have a photo which is not quite so very, very tiny?? I'd like to get a good look before saying definitely that I can do it. Also, I'm assuming that the names beneath the orange "flame" motif are not part of the sweater design, but are captions placed on the photos. Again, I can't really tell because each photo is the size of a postage stamp.

I'd be very interested in knitting this intriguing design. This morning, I am working on a Pink Floyd design for a customer, from the album "Dark Side of the Moon". It has a distinctive triangle prism motif which is very nice against a solid black background. I love this stuff.

To give you an idea of the price, this particular sweater which I am working on this morning is $295.00. Your design would be about $275.00, as it would not require hand embroidery, like the Pink Floyd design.

Thank you - looking forward to seeing a better photo -

Questions? Ask me! I am always here to help you.

Sincerely,
    Susan

Susan G. Feltman Sweater Designs, LLC t/a Custom Design Sweater Studio
    http://www.custom-sweaters.com toll free 1-888-797-1088
    Sweaters designed to really fit you in a rainbow of beautiful colors
    Proud member of Qflea.com

• leonleon 883 Posts
    Guzzo said:

Also, I'm assuming that the names beneath the orange "flame" motif are not part of the sweater design, but are captions placed on the photos. Again, I can't really tell because...

To give you an idea of the price, this particular sweater which I am working on this morning is $295.00. Your design would be about

The woman clearly knows what a sweater looks like, and the price for making one is more than fair. I SAY LET'S DO THIS!!!

• I wonder if Susan would turn down or accept a request for this one:

:racist:

• Wasn't there another picture somewhere of a single band member wearing it? I vaugely remember that...

I'd drop 275

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    just make sure she knows the sweater says "HEATWAVE"

• Maybe we should send her some Always & Forever live youtubes for inspiration.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Eggplant, you gonna do this? I was on the fence but after some thought I'm thinking there's a whole lot if other designs I'd want to get before a heatwave sweater

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    A Heatwave sweater would be dope, but thats way out of my price range.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    It would be fun to recreate this.

I'll be Rod Temperton.

• leonleon 883 Posts
    RAJ said:
    It would be fun to recreate this.

I'll be Rod Temperton.

I will be Ernest, laying my warm soft hand on whoever will be Keith from here.

Who wants to be my Keith?

• Guzzo said:
    Eggplant, you gonna do this? I was on the fence but after some thought I'm thinking there's a whole lot if other designs I'd want to get before a heatwave sweater

Dude I've been wanting to have someone re-create this for like 10 years. I'm real finicky about the re-creation though.
    Looking at this ladies work tends to make me think she can make something close to it, but not as close to the OG as I want.
    Especially if I'm dropping three hundo.

What's your thoughts? What other jernts you thinking about sweaterin'?

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    francois parker said:
    Heatwave sweater

Is it the inherent irony you dudes are after?

Because chocolate brown sweater and a pair of chinos and dudes be looking like ::doo doo on a stick::

• yeah i dont know if i can justify three bills

Maybe Susan can make one big enough for the eight dudes who want it, to fit inside together.
    Like a snuggie thing.
    About the size of a family tent.

That would at least share the cost around.

Teh Heatwave Sweater Tent.

Offering solutions up in this bith.

• francois parkerfrancois parker formerly know as Parkz. 125 Posts
    wonder how much these grannies would charge:
    http://www.granniesinc.co.uk/custom.php

• leonleon 883 Posts
    skel said:
    Teh Heatwave Sweater Tent.

Offering solutions up in this bith.

This would fit Ernest like a glove i tell ya.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    This morning, I am working on a Pink Floyd design for a customer, from the album "Dark Side of the Moon". It has a distinctive triangle prism motif which is very nice against a solid black background.

That triangle prism motif sounds interesting. Since I do love a good prism, I'll have to google that Pink Floyd cover to see exactly what she's talking about.

• waxjunkywaxjunky 1,850 Posts
    tripledouble said:
    yeah i dont know if i can justify three bills

Not for a reissue!

• I bet you could get one machine made or embroidered for less. That's a lot of money.