New DjDay!

pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
edited January 2013 in Strut Central
I am sure many on this board have been as passionate as I about DjDay's music.
Besides the fact it's self produced and instrumentalised Day's music (and mixes) have a personal feel that can only be created by true artists
if this track is a sign of things to come I am even more excited about the upcoming release of land of 1000 chances (feb)

http://www.okayplayer.com/news/dj-day-mama-shelter-mp3.html

the sick custom vinyl release is the cherry on top
long live day with many more records and infectious songs for years to come (props to pl70)

Comments

• strataspherestratasphere Blastin' the Nasty 1,035 Posts
    I likes.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Extremely excited for this album!

• sticky_dojahsticky_dojah New York City. 2,136 Posts
    Will play with him on the 31st! So hyped about this! Looking forward to the album...

• Just wanted to pop in and mention that if anyone writes for a blog or mag, is a college or format radio jock, etc - send me a pm with info and ill get you an advance of the album.

The record is mind boggling - I can't wait for you all to what it in its entirety.

EDIT
    PRESALE HERE: http://pl70.net/landof1000chances/
    Coupon Code: 1000PAPS

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    I'd quite like to mention at this point that I've been holding off on starting an "Are we allowed to talk about the new Day album yet?" thread for a while now.

it's fucking incredible.

• congrats day! can;t wait to hear this thing.

always good news to hear strutteurs making real world moves.

SALMA HAYEK!!!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    Day is that dude.

I remember the time he was here a bunch of us ate at one of my favorite spots. Which closed down shortly after Day's visit cause the guy that owned the place retired. Though, I like to believe it was because the owner felt he would never get a finer class of gentleman in his establishment and when Day paid his tab the owner felt there was no better course of action, but to close the doors for good.

Great track. Looking forward to hearing the album.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    DOR said:
    Day is that dude.

I remember the time he was here a bunch of us ate at one of my favorite spots. Which closed down shortly after Day's visit cause the guy that owned the place retired. Though, I like to believe it was because the owner felt he would never get a finer class of gentleman in his establishment and when Day paid his tab the owner felt there was no better course of action, but to close the doors for good.

Great track. Looking forward to hearing the album.

That was fun.
    RIP El Bodegon.

Congratulations Day!!

• DJ Day and PL70 FTW!!!

Beautifully crafted music + Incredibly crafted packaging =

Great stuff all around

• Excited as heck for this album. Day kills it and the record packaging sounds amazing.

The dog picture was from here on the strut too or am i trippin?

• YNOTYNOT in a studio apt mixing tuna with the ramen 417 Posts
    Been listening to this song on repeat since yesterday. Quality tune, really looking forward to hearing the lp and copping the vinyl release. Can I pay pal the monies now and get that radio advance jack?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    New track is great. When can we buy this on teh vinyls?

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    DocMcCoy said:
    I'd quite like to mention at this point that I've been holding off on starting an "Are we allowed to talk about the new Day album yet?" thread for a while now.

This. I've seriously never been this excited for an album release. I know it'll be at a level of quality unrivaled on all levels.

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    P.S. please elaborate on the Polaroid on the album cover.

Impossible Project?

• DocMcCoyDocMcCoy "Go and laugh in your own country!" 5,913 Posts
    4YearGraduate said:

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    Fantastic!

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,896 Posts
    bassie said:

RIP El Bodegon.

I should have stated one of "our" favs lol

But yeah... I don't buy records much anymore. Tho, that could change since I finally hooked up a turntable again in my spot.

I would like to buy this album...

TheKindCromang said:
    DJ Day and PL70 FTW!!!

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    Just listened to this mix
    http://www.rbmaradio.com/shows/dj-day-live-at-the-do-over
    :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

For a second I considered quitting djing and looking for another hobby :sonned:

• parenparen 537 Posts
    It is so very easy (and satisfying) to support good people making good music. I am very excited for this. Congrats in advance for what is sure to be a winner.

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    finelikewine said:
    Just listened to this mix
    http://www.rbmaradio.com/shows/dj-day-live-at-the-do-over
    :face_melt: :face_melt: :face_melt:

For a second I considered quitting djing and looking for another hobby :sonned:

this mix has not left my ipod for a year

that brazilian boogie track is perfection the whole performance melted my face (portland not auckland)

can't wait to dig into the auckland

pcmr said:

this mix has not left my ipod for a year

Am I missing a DL link somewhere?

Listened to this on my laptop last night. Was pretty stoked to hear a few songs that have been staples in my sets for awhile.

• Who's on the mic in that mix? Is it Aloe Blacc?

hogginthefogg said:
    Who's on the mic in that mix? Is it Aloe Blacc?

At the risk of sounding like a hater (*cringe*), I wish they'd offer an Aloe Blacc-less version of these live mixes. Sometimes dude is too much. (Not every time, but some.)

• pcmrpcmr 5,591 Posts
    yeah herm i meant the old do-over mix in portlnd (same filename)

i heard my man kaytranada's remix of if a the ten minute mark...wow if day came to mtl i was going to point him in this young man's direction..he's one step ahead of the game i guess...i wanted to make a thread about young cats doing big things just got to post this track at least

• OligeeOligee 289 Posts
    I NEED THIS ON WAX!! Packaging is Level 10 y'all. So tite!

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    i am pretty sure i have bought every record day has put out over the years. i will be glad to add this one to the collection!

• Can't believe you guys are consigning this music and this dude. Grade A brisket head!

Just kidding. He's top notch all around. Can't wait to hear this. this track sounds great.

• yuichiyuichi Urban sprawl 11,331 Posts
    That track "Mama Shelter" sounds dope! Gonna have to cop this.....