President Romney (NRR Catnip)

Comments

• RockadelicRockadelic Out Digging 13,993 Posts
    Frank said:
    If I was Texan I'd vote for re-joining Mexico. Tear down the wall and re-unify.

Murders in Texas since 2006 = 8,160
    Murders in Mexico since 2006 = 83,452

• but for real........ you guys are STILL going on with this?

• FrankFrank 2,370 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    Frank said:

... I was just trying to say something funny.

I forgot the #1 great thing about Texas

MoeLarry&Jesus; WILL NEVER LIVE HERE!!!!

• Rockadelic said:
    I forgot the #1 great thing about Texas

MoeLarry&Jesus; WILL NEVER LIVE HERE!!!!

....and [/thread]

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    I enjoyed living in Texas (Not as much as Arizona mind you). But still enjoyed the place and their peoples. I was surprised by the amount of people who thought of themselves as Texans first, then Americans. Except for most of the people I met from Mexico. Everyone of them were super proud to be Americans it seemed to me.

Just a question tho. Why aren't secessionist labeled traitors?

DOR said:

Ask Aaron Burr

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:

Ask Aaron Burr

But then I'd have to invent a time machine Delorean.

Thymebomb13 said:
    Rockadelic said:
    DOR said:

Ask Aaron Burr

? The treason charges against Burr didn't involve secession.

Exactly right.....Jefferson's opening statement about the trial was unilaterally and publically declaring Burr guilty of treason by trying to get the Western states to secede from the Union. But he could not be tried for it because it was not a treasonous act.

• Rockadelic said:
    Frank said:

8,160 is still a massive figure... the entire country of Canada has half that number in the same given time.

• guy_alcindor said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Frank said:

8,160 is still a massive figure... the entire country of Canada has half that number in the same given time.

Not by US standards. The per capita murder rate in Texas is slightly below average for the US as a whole:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/murder-rates-nationally-and-state#MRord

Interesting to note that the murder rate has gone down in almost every single state since '96 according to this chart.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    "Texas is the home of the players and pimps."

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Horseleech said:
    guy_alcindor said:
    Rockadelic said:
    Frank said:

Not by US standards. The per capita murder rate in Texas is slightly below average for the US as a whole:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/murder-rates-nationally-and-state#MRord

Interesting to note that the murder rate has gone down in almost every single state since '96 according to this chart.
    what up hawaii

• found this in the CS Monitor. i figured they were in the top 5 but i didn't know they were held first place:

The number of executions annually in Texas dwarfs those of any other state. The Lone Star State has averaged 21 executions a year, all by lethal injection, since 2007. Of the 85 men put to death over that time, 36 were black, 28 were white, and 21 were Latino.

The state has performed more than one-third of modern executions in the United States, including Charles Brooks Jr. in 1982, the first person put to death by lethal injection.

The Texas Constitution forbids the governor from imposing a moratorium on executions.

it's interesting to compare murder rates in the states that have the death penalty versus the ones that don't. take a look:

http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/deterrence-states-without-death-penalty-have-had-consistently-lower-murder-rates

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    What percentage of the people across America calling for secession are not white?

up in this room :smirk:

sakedelic said:

This is meant as a jab, but the response to most of it would be a resounding THANK YOU, GOOD RIDDANCE.

• HarveyCanal said:
    sakedelic said:

This is meant as a jab, but the response to most of it would be a resounding THANK YOU, GOOD RIDDANCE.

Whatever. I'm sure no industries or interstate businesses would collapse...I'm sure it would be very good for Texas *eyeroll* I'm sure the secessionists have a well thought out plan to avoid both a police state or anarchy in the "nation" of Texas.

Why do you even give a shit if Texas secedes or not?

Oh yeah, yet another reason for you to pompously snub your nose. I got it.

Texas would be just fine on its own. Y'all are just delusional with your clueless hate.

• HarveyCanal said:
    Texas would be just fine on its own.

Oh yeah. Just like Mexico, or Colombia. Dream on.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:
    HarveyCanal said:
    sakedelic said:

That might be the first response from the yahoo contingent, sure.

Then the crying would start, led by Ron Paul, who would be screaming about his pension)
    LET ME STOP YOU RIGHT THERE BRO

http://paul.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=999&Itemid=28

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    Thymebomb13 said:

That might be the first response from the yahoo contingent, sure.

Then the crying would start, led by Ron Paul, who would be screaming about his pension, his Social Security, his platinum health care plan, and his lack of access to his 8-figure campaign war chest.

Then your currency would collapse and the REAL fun would begin. And 20 million or so Texans would line up on the US border on their knees begging for readmittance.

And then the hurricane would hit.

Good times. Good times.

(And you could come back in, but the new name of the state would be Sloppy Seconds. Also, no more cowboy hats. Ever.)

Sad story, bro.

PatrickCrazy said:

Uh, that's dated 1997.

Let's see what the racist doctor says now that it's 2012. Care to post a copy of his letter opting out?

Thymebomb13 said:
    Bon Vivant said:
    PatrickCrazy said:

Uh, that's dated 1997.

Let's see what the racist doctor says now that it's 2012. Care to post a copy of his letter opting out?

No fear, he'll change his mind once secession happens.

Or, he'll claim he never wrote the opt out letter, it was someone else; ala his racist newsletters.

LOL @ Ron fucking Paul.

• this thread just gets better and better. maybe raj should just make it a sticky or preserve it in amber.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts
    Ok, so nothing to disprove that which is a widely known stance of his beyond shit talking. Got it.

I mean keep bringing up some boogie man Conservative who is no longer in office. God forbid he be one of the few retired politicians who is not a taxpayer leech until death.