NEW Asamov LP...(that real schitt)... appreication

asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
Hot damn. The crew from Jacksonville cooked up a heater and dished it perfectly with their new LP. Got to rap with the one DJ Therapy at the beat battle this past weekend and he's talking some big things for the coming year. Of course, Willie Ev is bout to do it big with Soulman. What's next?I'm glad to see this crew doing it so proper. Big shouts on the new lp!

Comments

• DJCireDJCire 729 Posts
    Werd up Asp them dudes is doin it - and damn I'm still rockin "Blow Your Whistle"...... Heater!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    huge co-sign

Thanks to DILDO I've been rocking their old ish out for a minute now. Can't wait to hear this one.
    They have a video up on their myspace and at the end you can see those folls at Crossroads up in Portland.

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    Yeah, I've gotta say, this is up on the list of my favorite releases this year. Put GUN up there too. Beanie...yep. So much quality coming out, I can't keep up.

• ah...you beat me too it...my internet has been out...anyway...you need this in your life...these dudes have been on the grind since forever...trainspotters will enjoy verses from Akrobatik and Mr. Lif and production by 9th Wonder...

yeah I took those guys to Crossroads when they were out here...my girl is in that video... I must have been crawling around trying to remember where my stash was...

SUPPORT
    jeigh

• That 'Dynamite' song gets stuck in my head.
    They deserve some shine for sure. Coppd the 12" not the album, but priority on the list to get.

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    YO WILLIE WHERE MY COPY AT COUSIN??? Asamov is straight drugs, I'm tellin' y'all now. I was just about to flip that damn Lamont Dozier schitt too. Blow Your Whistle RMX is

Wait til y'all hear that Willie Ev solo thing, though...
    That's all I got to say. On WORLD OF BEATS RECORDINGS. Coming soon.

• reskresk 391 Posts
    im waiting on hiphopsite to get my copy of the LP already to me, i might have to buy the cd locally in the meantime to hold me over

• Wait til y'all hear that Willie Ev solo thing, though...
    That's all I got to say. On WORLD OF BEATS RECORDINGS. Coming soon.

those beats he did on the Perceptionists records were noice. mersh shit is so stupidly hot right now that i haven't been checking for much undie stuff, but i'll have to look into this one.

Damn, I just came across a little mix they had put out to promote this schitt...

"The Return of Otis Holdem Mixtape"
    Hosted By DJ Shotgun
    Asamov
    (6 Hole)

1)Asamov intro
    2)Don't stop (Otis remix)
    3)Move to the left (Otis remix)
    4)Alright
    5)Myspace.com/asamov (commercial break)
    6)Squad car all-stars
    7)Rock like this break
    8)Bizarre
    9)Sucka-Ducks
    10)Blow your whistle (orig.)
    11)Blow your whistle (remix)
    12)Duval (interlude)
    13)Directions
    14)Don't stop (orig.)
    15)Hiphopness
    16)B-boyism
    17)Cafe LGA
    18)Asamoutro (Shotty speaks with his hands)
    19)Blow your whistle (Jihad remix)
    20) Hookslide (Therapy Verse)
    21) BoomBox
    22) Desi Interlude (drop)
    23) Supa Dynamite feat Mr. LIF

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    BUMP

And to be more specific - I've been rocking "Sucka Duck" out for a few gigs now with good responses.

Say

Say

• Really diggin "Supa Dynamite" - lookin forward to hearing the whole album.
    These guys are doin it right!

• oh and they will be on tour with the Perceptionists in Nov. Only east coast though...west coast coming soon...check them out LIVE....now go get the LP.

I'm sayin....eastcoast heads are getting a treat with this one.

I'm waiting for a west coast gig some day.