dude!!, i just got banned from buying records

rookrook 357 Posts
edited April 2005 in Record Collecting
at one of the few pawns here in town.. ..i snagged about 50 records yesterday, most of which were crappy. although i got copies of shankar family, some private press alaskan stuff, and dennis coffey for cheap. anyhow, today i returned to the place with about 30 of the records that were shitty. (note: i swapped out these thirty with a different thirty that wont be accepted at the single record shop in town because of poor condition and dollarbinnness,). so the thirty shitty records i got yesterday are going to the record shop for cred, and these other thirty which i took to the pawn-hoping i would get cred and then go back through their vinyl room. win win situation. get there to the pawn, and old dude, fucking old, is like a badger and immediately is, 'whyd you bring em back!?', then i finlaly haggle him enough to get my credit, but he says, "well ok, ill give you the credit, bbut you cant buy records here anymore. youre just too hard to please."so i walk out of there with my 70 dollar credit slip, like whoa.i guess it was a bit karmic.

Comments

• rookrook 357 Posts
    anyone else try this type of shit or have it happnen?!

• tripledoubletripledouble 7,636 Posts
    try not to drown in bad karma

• anyone else try this type of shit or have it happnen?!

acting as a "customer" like that or banning annoying people from my shop/stall ??

• rookrook 357 Posts
    i prolly will. i think it was worth it though. anyways, i saw ye olde sayer record when i was diggin, so it legitmized everything

• rookrook 357 Posts
    anyone else try this type of shit or have it happnen?!

acting as a "customer" like that or banning annoying people from my shop/stall ??

whichever. im guilty of both. i work in a music shop.

• anyone else try this type of shit or have it happnen?!

whichever. im guilty of both. i work in a music shop.

then I have to add "acting stupid" ...

• rookrook 357 Posts
    touche

i did what any selfrespecting poor bastard trying to take advantage of record buying would do though

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    That private alaskan lp any good? What is it?

• rookrook 357 Posts
    its hippyish, guitar/female vocals, but maybe '75. cant remember name right now. ill pm when i get home. anohter one, but it was pressed in west germany or some shit but the people are alaskan thats pretty good.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    man, id be really annoyed at you too. I think the dude was pretty justified in saying you're too hard to please.

If you really bought that much crap you need to either.

1. get your weight up and do some proper research.
    2. get a portable.

• rookrook 357 Posts

2. get a portable.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    Damn. That's a comeup. Oh well if you can't buy records there. Buy up some other stuff they have there like a portable turntable
    and return it

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    I want a pawnshop that has records!

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    I would have refused to take the sh!t back, but I wouldn't have banned you--if you wanted to continue to take trash records off my hands, I'd encourage you to do so.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I would have refused to take the sh!t back, but I wouldn't have banned you--if you wanted to continue to take trash records off my hands, I'd encourage you to do so.

I just spit out my beer.

I want a pawnshop that has records!

Did you go to Uptown Whittier. They have a pawn shop with records. I've found a couple really good records there for a dollar each. PEACE...

Nope. but I did go around Downey & Norwalk. Found a decent Goodwill on the border. I guess I live to deep in suburbia for pawnshops with records in 'em...

• rookrook 357 Posts
    come to alaska, all (3) pawns have reckids, you can buy the records i returened

come to alaska, all (3) pawns have reckids, you can buy the records i returened

Any Eskimo funk?

• rookrook 357 Posts
    only if you ride polar bears to the spot

only if you ride polar bears to the spot

dope!

• LaserWolfLaserWolf Portland Oregon 11,517 Posts
    so the thirty shitty records i got yesterday are going to the record shop for cred, and these other thirty which i took to the pawn-hoping i would get cred and then go back through their vinyl room.

So you bought records for 2.25 that were good enough to take to the record store for trade? Then you took a bunch of records (that are not good enough for the record store) and tried to tell the pawn that you had bought them at the pawn shop?

But the pawn won out because they gave you 2.25 each in credit, but then said you couldn't shop there so your credit is now worthless?

No, I have never tried to return something to a store I did not buy it from

No, I have never returned anything because I did not like it.

No, I have never banned anyone from buying my records.

Dan

• rookrook 357 Posts
    normal day consists of slicing mucktuk (whale meat,) going record shoppin/returning, fighing off walrusses and then dogsledding to the gold mine, where the pawn shops are

I never even knew people did this untill I got to Soulstrut.

• rookrook 357 Posts
    so the thirty shitty records i got yesterday are going to the record shop for cred, and these other thirty which i took to the pawn-hoping i would get cred and then go back through their vinyl room.

So you bought records for 2.25 that were good enough to take to the record store for trade? Then you took a bunch of records (that are not good enough for the record store) and tried to tell the pawn that you had bought them at the pawn shop?

But the pawn won out because they gave you 2.25 each in credit, but then said you couldn't shop there so your credit is now worthless?

Dan

you are a better person, im worse. but i got records and i feel ok.

• so the thirty shitty records i got yesterday are going to the record shop for cred, and these other thirty which i took to the pawn-hoping i would get cred and then go back through their vinyl room.

Dan

yes, until dude actually gets some good records in and you can't buy them.

burning a bridge to win slightly, overall bad strategy. especially if your resources are limited. plus, it's petty.

but hey, way to go bro, you're sooooo crafty *roll*

Dan

yes, until dude actually gets some good records in and you can't buy them.

burning a bridge to win slightly, overall bad strategy. especially if your resources are limited. plus, it's petty.

but hey, way to go bro, you're sooooo crafty *roll*

don't encourage the boy! he's not half the badassss that guy who steals from goodwill is, yo!

• rookrook 357 Posts
    damn, i guess you guys are all pretty good people. well done. and he burnt the bridge not me. everything i did was okaaaay. he said, you can return the records within three days for instore cred. and i did so. his banning of my record buying is more of a hinderance for him. there arent to many brosephs coming through to buy records.. oh well.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    normal day consists of slicing mucktuk (whale meat,) going record shoppin/returning, fighing off walrusses and then dogsledding to the gold mine, where the pawn shops are

seriously? I know this one dude from alaska and he says its not like that. But that shit sounds

and then its dark for like 3 months right?

• rookrook 357 Posts
    all this is really a case of loopholeing through the record game for a dude with little possibilities and a finite amount of cash

• especially if your resources are limited. plus, it's petty.

With such attidude not only financial resources seem to be limited ...

MrSucker is littL[/b]echildcute compared to those !!

And yes, I love movie cover artwork ...