CRAZY ASS EBAY SCHITT

Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
I just got this record that I won from Ebay... the muthaf**ka overpackage this schitt like you wouldn't believe. Giftwrapped in like 3 layers of bubblewrap, all open edges neatly sealed with ridiculous amounts of tape. Bubblewrap cocoon adhered to the mailer itself, again with crazy amounts of tape. I have to very carefully try to get the record out of this protective shell, because I am afraid I may actually damage the record by ripping this stuff off too vigorously or that the tape might get stuck to the album jacket.Finally, I carefully remove the record from it's wrapping. I pull the vinyl out to examine it. The record is WARPED BEYOND BELIEF, like somebody had it out in direct sunlight on a 120 degree day. It is not even totally circle shaped anymore, it is a misshapen mess. Luckily it didn't cost me much... I don't even care about getting ganked, I'm just amazed that the seller went to such ridiculous lengths to protect this hunk of melted schitt for it's journey through the USPS! Wowwww...

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    hahah. thats wild. what was it?

• Possibly the bubblewrap 'cooked' the vinyl in some way? Seems like that stuff might conduct heat more than cardboard does.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    do you think it was previously warped, or did the bubble wrap cacoon utilize the green house effect on the raerity inside?

• Phill_MostPhill_Most 4,594 Posts
    hahah. thats wild. what was it?

do you think it was previously warped, or did the bubble wrap cacoon utilize the green house effect on the raerity inside?

I think it was already in this condition. I've never had a problem like this with a record before, whether it was poorly packed or overly packed like this one was. We're not talking about minor warpage here, this joint is

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    what record did you win? just tell us!
    plus--i always bubble wrap my records--even when it is in a mailer for records. i always get paranoid about such things.

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    cas no shit story # 4,278.

one of my homeboy's won a record on eBay and dude sent it to him in a fucking pizza box. the shit still had a pepperoni in the box.

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    the shit still had a pepperoni in the box.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    the shit still had a pepperoni in the box.

I'm guessing it wasn't the rackord with the Hava Nagila drumbreak

• cas no shit story # 4,278.

one of my homeboy's won a record on eBay and dude sent it to him in a fucking pizza box. the shit still had a pepperoni in the box.

i've had that happen about 3 different occasions.

my favorite of all time is the dude that sent the record on a piece of wood ! it had the record, cellophane taped around a piece of wood. thing is that piece of wood has become useful to me when i'm cutting boxes and shit. i still have it after 5 years.

also i love it when dudes send the record in one of those priority mailers flattened out and it takes about 10 minutes to get out because there is no way to open it. fuck those priority mailers ! get some fucking real mailers. i've only had one broken record and one warped record in 8 years of selling mail order with those mailers.

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    A certain unnamed big dude (not a strutter) sent me an unnamed big dude record in a priority mailer with no padding or anything. The real killer was that the sticky part got stuck to the cover so as I opened the package, it took a part of the cover right off. Not awesome.

DJ Ferrari

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    only loosely related but i got this great ebay question yesterday:

"i was wondering could i get this cd and xl for a resonable price because i was a king sun fan i had righteous on cd but my cd got scratched from letting people borrow it but i won't make that same mistake i have xl on tape "

yes, you can get both cds for a "reasonable price" (read: less than market value) from me, because (a) you, unlike all of the other people bidding on these items are a fan, (b) your friends scratched your copy of a rare cd, and (c) you already have one of the cds on tape. please, take my money. here. i'll write you a check.

A certain unnamed big dude (YES a strutter) sent me an unnamed big dude record in a priority mailer with no padding or anything. The real killer was that the sticky part got stuck to the cover so as I opened the package, it took a part of the cover right off. STILL awesome cuz it was a great deal on a great record that I had wanted for years (Hi T**y!).

Phill Most

• TREWTREW 2,037 Posts

yes, you can get both cds for a "reasonable price" (read: less than market value) from me, because (a) you, unlike all of the other people bidding on these items are a fan, (b) your friends scratched your copy of a rare cd, and (c) you already have one of the cds on tape. please, take my money. here. i'll write you a check.

ha! ill logic.

• bull_oxbull_ox 5,056 Posts
    A certain unnamed big dude (not a strutter) sent me an unnamed big dude record in a priority mailer with no padding or anything. The real killer was that the sticky part got stuck to the cover so as I opened the package, it took a part of the cover right off. Not awesome.

I once received a record in a smashed priority mailer and the vinyl had slid about half an inch onto the glue and while the stuff came off pretty clean you can still see where it was...

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    I once got a record that had been run over (tire marks and all) also soaking in, i'd estimate, about a quarter of a quart of engine oil. And it had a break on it, too.

• I once got a record that had been run over (tire marks and all) also soaking in, i'd estimate, about a quarter of a quart of engine oil. And it had a break on it, too.

Sounds "VG++".