Pics of my room b/w Conversation with DJ Skribble

MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
edited October 2005 in Soul Strut
So while Mike 2600 was visiting this weekend, he hooked up some digital pics so I could finally get my token apartment pics on (sort of):Kingmost practicing before Friday's gig. Clutter, clutter, clutter:Sunset from the window:With the blindes closed:And the requisite Expedit shot:The weather was fucking PERFECT this weekend:Axe about this heat...speaking of photo caption contests:THEN, on Sunday night, I opened for DJ Skribble at Fluid, and right before he went on, I'm going through a mini Coolie Dance medley. When Afro Heat #3 hits the turntable:Skribble: DAYUM! What the fuck is this?Me: Oh you heard of those cats Haul and Mason?S: yeahM: This is them....BUT! Check this next shit out! (slapping down Rub remix 12 #2 with Cosmo's Oh Sheila rmx, then transition into it)S: WHAT?! This is even doper, what the fuck is THIS?M: You heard of Cosmo Baker?S: YupM: This is him, one of the most underrated cats in this game if you ask me.S: No doubt, tell Cosmo I said what up! That's all.

Comments

• DJFerrariDJFerrari 2,411 Posts
    Is Skribble a cool dude? He seems like the kind of guy that looks like a tool on TV, but is cool in real life.

DJ Ferrari

• MorseCodeMorseCode 1,516 Posts
    Yeah, exactly. His entourage/management I'm not so sure about, but the man himself is surprisingly down to earth and humble.

• Options
    Yeah, exactly. His entourage/management I'm not so sure about, but the man himself is surprisingly down to earth and humble.

Long Island STAND UP, and cosign Skribble is a good dude in person.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Skribble is good peoples and is a dope as fuck DJ.

• And the requisite Expedit shot:

>

does that shelton kilby grow on trees in the bay area or something ?

does that shelton kilby grow on trees in the bay area or something ?

ha, naw to be honest I got a lil' deal on that one 'cause its got a scuff, but plays fine. Lovin the sorta gospel fusion sound on that one.

• On the turntables, our boy Young Morse made Skribble look like an amateur. Straight up. Clean as f???ck and dead-on transitions, not just great selection but great programming (ie: he has a crateful of good records AND knows exactly which order to play them all in). Plus the Ray Charles / Gold Digger segue killed 'em. Skribble was boring to me. Loaded up and played a non-descript jiggy "club banger," loaded up another one, then scratched it REALLY REALLY ROID-RAGINGLY for a couple of bars and then let it go. Not feelin it.

• DJ_EnkiDJ_Enki 6,471 Posts

He was pretty much the only good thing about YBT, too. Everything I've seen him do DJ-wise is pretty damn nasty.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Plus the Ray Charles / Gold Digger segue killed 'em.

HAH, I've been doing this mix for a minute now. Played it at the Public Enemy show and it fucking MURDERED them.

• speaking of photo caption contests:

• Plus the Ray Charles / Gold Digger segue killed 'em.

HAH, I've been doing this mix for a minute now. Played it at the Public Enemy show and it fucking MURDERED them.

MISTER CEE PLAYED THIS BEFORE ANY A YALL FOLLS!

• rkwparkrkwpark 915 Posts
    how is that private press merl saunders LP? i know its a bay area piece and saw one on ebay go for upwards to about $100. is it worth it? its got a couple of covers right? people make the world go round, cissy strut...etc.

if youve got an extra and are willing to trade, pm por favor.

peace,
    richard

On the turntables, our boy Young Morse made Skribble look like an amateur. Straight up. Clean as f???ck and dead-on transitions, not just great selection but great programming (ie: he has a crateful of good records AND knows exactly which order to play them all in). Plus the Ray Charles / Gold Digger[/b] segue killed 'em. Skribble was boring to me. Loaded up and played a non-descript jiggy "club banger," loaded up another one, then scratched it REALLY REALLY ROID-RAGINGLY for a couple of bars and then let it go. Not feelin it.

MARK RONSON PLAYED THIS IN THE BAY AT FLUID AND THEN I SHAMELESSLY BIT IT BEFORE ANY A YALL OTHER BAY AREA FOLLS!

how is that private press merl saunders LP? i know its a bay area piece and saw one on ebay go for upwards to about $100. is it worth it? its got a couple of covers right? people make the world go round, cissy strut...etc.

if youve got an extra and are willing to trade, pm por favor.

peace,
    richard

Its decent, I'm just really stoked on the cover. Nice lil' 80's drum moments on there, otherwise that about it.

• edubedub 715 Posts

what the fuck is that blue shit you're drinking?

• how is that private press merl saunders LP? i know its a bay area piece and saw one on ebay go for upwards to about $100.

When?!?!

I had two of these, one went on ebay for around $25 or so. The other sold in my shop for $40. $100 for that seems a little, er, out of control. It's a nice record though, I like the title track the most.

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    good looking on the Brian Brown

nice pic's too !!
    I luurve rooms with a view

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts

Mayne, that foll is straight sippin' on sizurp. I bet he rolled up to the Karaoke club in a Caddy dipped in candy paint on fo fours 84' vogues.

• I see rainbow colors on that tv

• edith headedith head 5,106 Posts

Mayne, that foll is straight sippin' on sizurp. I bet he rolled up to the Karaoke club in a Caddy dipped in candy paint on fo fours 84' vogues.

the blue drank is called a what it do i had no idea what that was all about until serg told me

Hahahaha, that my friends, is what we call a "What it dew," courtesy of the bol Serge. That was my first one, the second had a lil' more "dew" innit? Then I had to switch to Tecate's. PACING (paging Young Phonics). ITS CALLED PACING.

• PACING (paging Young Phonics). ITS CALLED PACING.

Apparently someone's pager wasn't working.

• dude I just realized that's a King T Forty Cozy

• DeeRockDeeRock 1,836 Posts

word. I know Charles Stettler used to manage him. I don't know if he still does, he was the dude behind the fat boys. Skribble used to live with my boy Scrappy in NYC way back.

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts
    a King T Forty Cozy

• FatbackFatback 6,746 Posts

speaking of photo caption contests:

never let dudes get up on stage. never ever let dudes get up onstage and undress.

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    dude I just realized that's a King T Forty Cozy

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    speaking of photo caption contests:

We Fuck Everything!![/b]

• sergserg 682 Posts

it's a What It Do, this is what's in it

if you're too tired to make your own you can purchase a what it do at Bayview Liqours at 3rd & Newcomb. They also have the Killahoe and the Cuttybang among other assorted drinks with ridiculous colors and names