Help a dood find a VG+ M- Vespa for cheap (nrr)

silvertonesilvertone 765 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
It is fall.Shit must be cheap. Who is in the know? ps: fuck yo couch for president.

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    lol
    they don't have vespa shops up thurr?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    lol

they don't have newspapers with secondhand stuff up thurr?

vespa's are dope... I used to have a PX200

• Big_ChanBig_Chan 5,088 Posts
    It is fall.
    Shit must be cheap.
    Who is in the know?

ps: fuck yo couch for president.

Get in line behind all the hipsters hommie:

www.vespaseattle.com

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    haha, thats down the street from me.

• autezautez 404 Posts
    do you need a motorcycle liscense for these? how fast do they go? can you go on freeways? i have questions you have answers

• For anything over a 50 you need a motorcycle license in Canada, not sure about the states.
    I don't want some new fucking faux-hawk bullshit Vespa, Im want an OG VG+. Im 31 for christ sake, I could give a shit about the OC soundtrack, man! Haha. Im saying, Montreal kinda sucks for imports cause it kinda has its own rules for everything, being its own unique sorta province. The few shops here really suck and or are too bougie for a little dude such as myself. Maybe someone in upstate NY is in the know about these kinda things and could put me onto a spot that is fair?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts
    so are PX200e's an option !?!

not quite the OG styles, but through virtue of being newer they're more reliable, faster (mine could go 110k/h) and still pretty stylish, not to mention the whole oil/petrol thing - 200e's have a built in oil tank so you don't have to mess around with that shit each time you fill up ..

• so are PX200e's an option !?!

not quite the OG styles, but through virtue of being newer they're more reliable, faster (mine could go 110k/h) and still pretty stylish, not to mention the whole oil/petrol thing - 200e's have a built in oil tank so you don't have to mess around with that shit each time you fill up ..

thats the electric start they made in the 80s right?

• lucerolucero 425 Posts

yep - thats the 'e', you can also get the same body (or model) as a straight 200 or 125

but lets not forget, a nice lambretta is

• so are PX200e's an option !?!

yep - thats the 'e', you can also get the same body (or model) as a straight 200 or 125

but lets not forget, a nice lambretta is

there's always the Cushman:

or the Sears Allstate:

Scooterstrut

• knewjakknewjak 1,231 Posts
    do you need a motorcycle liscense for these? how fast do they go? can you go on freeways? i have questions you have answers

Anything under 50cc in engine size is not considered a motorcycle. There are certain limits from state to state as to where you can ride. This is mostly because of the lack of engine power and safety at high speeds. I believe that you can ride them in non-hwy situations where the speed limit is no more than 40mph. I could be wrong, but I know Im pretty close.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    There are a couple of Vespa spots on College here in Toronto. I pass them every day. If you want the numbers I can grab them next time I walk pass.

Did you check craigslist?

Montreal

Toronto

Always good to use.

Might not be anything dope right now, but something always seems to come up on there.

Let me know if you wants those numbers. I see plenty of used ones there.

Billy

• Options
    Rob,

My cousin ran a scooter gang (the Alcoholic Rats) back in the early 80's and has quite a few friends with dope rides. I'll ask him he if he knows any that are available.

Easy, K.

• JLRJLR 3,835 Posts
    Vespas are dope rides. Do they also make them for men?

I'm more an enduro kind of guy:

• Hey DOR: good looks, if you could drop me an email with those numbers it would be appreciated (sixtoo at sixtoo dot net)... although... Kev, if that is indeed the move perhaps I could justify a real trip to your fine suburb for a couple days records and scooternerdom sounds extra fine. Summer harvest is travelling through the Mtl delivery, so I could pack some bomb buds for your doods. Ask around and lemme know whats up. Ideally, I wanna get it around x-mas so that I will have a good couple of months to do a pretty complete overhaul and possibly some cutom paint action. Lambretta, Vespa, Sears, NSU primo, ect. Anything fly without major problems, preferably a daily driver that might need a little love.

• Options
    Mos tof these guys have ahad their rides since the early 80's , so they're weathered ont he outside...bu there were a couple Mechanics in the group, so I'd wager they're all good inside.

I sent him an email for you yesterday.

Easy, K.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts
    It is fall.
    Shit must be cheap.
    Who is in the know?

ps: fuck yo couch for president.
    Good luck, the classic models aren't cheap anymore now that Vespas are flavor of the month with every man & his dog. Anything remotely vintage is getting snapped up like hotcakes for reasonable $$$. But be careful, if you do find one cheap, it may be too good to be true, I have seen tons of early Vespas that were fucked mechanically & totally unreliable & uneconomical to repair.

• holmesholmes 3,532 Posts

They still make them, very good scooters, very popular because of the "older" styling with modern features.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    cant you guys just get a motorcycle? This is America People.

• Options
    Cheaper gas/insurance/vehicle.

K.

• ...plus, we live in Canada, and you guys haven't started illegal occupation here, yet.

K. Good looking, lemme know.

• Options
    cant you guys just get a motorcycle? This is America People.

You live in the United States of[/b] America. I know you like to claim both continents for yourself (by calling yourself America), but they ain't yours.

K.

• i'm told these things are a dime a dozen in spain/italy. can anyone confirm? peace, stein. . .

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    i'm told these things are a dime a dozen in spain/italy. can anyone confirm? peace, stein. . .

if this is true, i need to go over there with 10 cents soon

• i'm told these things are a dime a dozen in spain/italy. can anyone confirm? peace, stein. . .

Yeah - thats true, its what all the kids get aruond on. You know the superbike champs are dominated by the europeans for a reason when you see that just about every kid gets around on a twist and go.

You can pick up P125s and P200s that run for about 300 euros, but if you want a good one with a disc brake you pay about 700-1000euros. A well restored model like a 150 Super is about 1500 euros while for the raer 200 and 180 rallyes or small frame 125s you can pay up to 2500euros

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    All the cool kids are doing it!!

But I remember when it was all about...

Mirrors!!!

My Grandfather bought me a vespa when I was 13. Got it off an old Italian dood down the street. Shit was wicked until someone stole it. Wish I had pics of the thing.