NOTES: my first wedding gig/first night on DILDO

Jonny_PaycheckJonny_Paycheck 17,825 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
That shit went real swell and I want to thank all of yall for telling me to ask for more cake. That shit was necessary, rather it bought me DILDO and that saved my ass.You see, what the chick said "some groovy soul and old school hiphop" really meant "mostly indie rock and then disco classics and some snoozy old stuff for the over 60 crowd and you will play one rap record and it will be Golddigger because my bridesmaid requested it". So basically there was like a good 200 songs that I wouldn't have had on strictly vinyl because I don't listen to much indie rock and of course they wanted to hear some shit by a group called "built to spill" and who the fuck is that and they did a routine to it and little did I know so damn glad I had DILDO.Songs that cleared the floor: almost any newer rock that the sullen groom requestedSongs that tore it down: Aaliyah "At Your Best (You Are Love)" got the greatest response, tripling the couples on the floor. I think we had like 10 couples out thereBeyonce "Crazy In Love" of courseBob Marley "Could You Be Loved" hey did I mention these were CRACKERS getting marriedWeirdest moment:Doing doubles of "Hava Nagila" (again, thanks to DILDO) for seven odd minutes. Note: NOT a jewish wedding. Note further: Jews in attendance didn't care and basically threatened that if I didn't play Hava Nagila for AT LEAST five minutes straight they would raise da ruckus. One said, "what kind of wedding is this?" I wanted to respond: "A GOYIM ONE SEE THE SHIKSA OVER THERE IN THE BIG FRILLY WHITE DRESS" Fucking Jews

Comments

• aleitaleit 1,915 Posts
    rather it bought me DILDO and that saved my ass.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    What song did the bride and groom do there special dance to?

• What song did the bride and groom do there special dance to?

Built To Spill - "Car"

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    What song did the bride and groom do there special dance to?

Built To Spill - "Car"

Built To Spill - "Car"

You get the car
    I'll get the night off
    You'll get the chance to take the world apart and figure out how it works
    Don't let me know what you find out
    I need a car
    You need a guide
    Who needs a map
    If I don't die or worse I'm gonna need a nap
    At best I'll be asleep when you get back
    I wanna see it when you find out what comets, stars, and moons are all about
    I wanna see their faces turn to backs of heads and slowly get smaller
    I wanna see it now

I want specifics on the general idea
    I wanna think what I should know
    Want you to do me what to show
    I wanna see movies of my dreams
    I wanna see it when you get stoned on a cloudy desert breezy afternoon
    I wanna see it untame itself and break its owner
    I wanna see it now
    I wanna see it now

Cute song.

"some groovy soul and old school hiphop" really meant "mostly indie rock and then disco classics and some snoozy old stuff for the over 60 crowd and you will play one rap record and it will be Golddigger because my bridesmaid requested it".

Business as usual- when i play weddings i bring 1/3 what they requested i play and 2/3 what i know the people in attendance want to hear.

Built To Spill - "Car"

You get the car
    I'll get the night off
    You'll get the chance to take the world apart and figure out how it works
    Don't let me know what you find out
    I need a car
    You need a guide
    Who needs a map
    If I don't die or worse I'm gonna need a nap
    At best I'll be asleep when you get back
    I wanna see it when you find out what comets, stars, and moons are all about
    I wanna see their faces turn to backs of heads and slowly get smaller
    I wanna see it now

I want specifics on the general idea
    I wanna think what I should know
    Want you to do me what to show
    I wanna see it when you get stoned on a cloudy desert breezy afternoon
    I wanna see it untame itself and break its owner
    I wanna see it now
    I wanna see it now

Cute song.

Yeah, but a little weird for a first dance IMO

"some groovy soul and old school hiphop" really meant "mostly indie rock and then disco classics and some snoozy old stuff for the over 60 crowd and you will play one rap record and it will be Golddigger because my bridesmaid requested it".

Business as usual- when i play weddings i bring 1/3 what they requested i play and 2/3 what i know the people in attendance want to hear.

Word, note that everything they requested (except oldies and disco classics) cleared the floor. I wanted to keep them happy but had to try to prevent a mutiny