NEW MIX ON FRONTPAGE

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
edited October 2005 in Strut Central
ARGON - SHOOK MIX11 Tracks, 72.16 minutes. A wide mix of funky rock tracks, country funk, braeks, and other scary bombs. Moves fast with no boredom. We officially finished this mix on 1-04-05 and it took us the a good couple of months over last winter to make this. Email us if you have any questions. Rock on! -Mylatency & Norm HopperHTTP://WWW.SOULSTRUT.COM

Comments

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts
    Thanks Raj ...but wasn't Moss supposed to be featured on the front page?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Wasn't Moss supposed to be featured on the front page?

Yes. Never got back to me.

• 99Problems99Problems 1,541 Posts

Wasn't Moss supposed to be featured on the front page?

Yes. Never got back to me.

Guess he's too busy making real movez in the real...

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    i can get down to this ish. nice work.

• nice graphics...

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    nice graphix...

Thanks guyz, Norm and I made the mix earlier this year. Headz weren't ready then but the timing is right, now....

The palm trees photo was taken 2 days ago after I got off work early and peeped Thumbsucker. That was a cool movie.

Spot the funky flannel, name that cover.

laterz,
    M

• mike watt rides for flannel

Spot the funky flannel, name that cover.

plaese to post a pic of this king tee cover somebody. the one with the white caddy convertible. google's got nothing.

• plaese to post a pic of this cover somebody.

I still have this on cassette somewhere in my file cabinet, one of my favorites from when I was a young un...I thought "baggin' on moms" was hilarious, first time I ever heard snaps. I still play the Bass 12" out, works every time.

name that cover? I have no ideer....at first glance I thought some Suicidal Tendencies until I noticed they weren't Pendletons and they're tucked in. Replacements?....I gots nothin'.

fuck. what's the one with the white caddy and that blue/green plaid flannel? that was some 8th grade steez.

• I'm killing that mix. S#it's Ill.

A female co-worker was compelled to come into my office to talk to me while your mix was blaring out of my computer speakers. Her head was bobbing the whole time, I am sure she didn't want to talk to me but really just wanted to catch a few ill tunes. Also I'm not sure what video game (tetris?) you used in the mix but that it made my day.

Peace

-----------
    Edit Dat DeejaY

• asprinasprin 1,765 Posts
    I'm killing that mix.

This mix rules my headphones right now.

two from Shook:

I'm killing that mix. S#it's Ill.

A female co-worker was compelled to come into my office to talk to me while your mix was blaring out of my computer speakers. Her head was bobbing the whole time, I am sure she didn't want to talk to me but really just wanted to catch a few ill tunes. Also I'm not sure what video game (tetris?) you used in the mix but that it made my day.

Peace

Is this for real? Tell her to visit Cali.

Tetris was Norm Hopper's request. It's from a house record built around the Tetris theme, uber fany.

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    this is one of the illest mixes ive ever heard. incredible!

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    whats the cut at like 12 mins with the 3/4 beat and the ill slow organ? that shit is beyond dope

Thanks Mack, we tried to make the mix extra fany and showcase some of the tracks we're into: raer and non-raer, new and old. Our ultimate goal was also to leave you shook while shaking up/mixing the genres. Mission accomplished???

• Spot the funky flannel, name that cover.

ahhh, nice...

Hah, that was all RAJ. I just sent him the graphix. Dude is a photoshop zen master!

• slavinslavin 577 Posts
    is this a rilo kiley edit at around 42 and a half minutes?

is this a rilo kiley edit at around 42 and a half minutes?

um, YESSIRRRR.

I spotted the guitar and with a little convicing Norm Hopper will edit N-E-thing. Saying.

CALI INDIE CHICK HIPSTER LOVE

no, no saddle creek

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Great mix, my hoLmeses!!!

There is but one thing I NEED to know (plaese?!?!?!)...

WHAT IN THE #$%& IS THAT MENUDO TRACK AT 49:20?!?!?!

Aaaaay, menudo.....I dig menudo....cilantro.....cebollitas.....limon.....tortillas.....de maiz.......menudo....AHHHHH!!!!

Dude, I seriously need that shit. Scratch that, I've needed that my whole life. I just didn't know it 'til now.

AAAAAAY.....QUE BUENO!!!!

• flunkflunk 230 Posts

Her head was bobbing the whole time

Thanks

Flunk

Sup Herm! Thanks for the props...

WHAT IN THE #$%& IS THAT MENUDO TRACK AT 49:20?!?!?!

Is this:

AAAAAAY.....QUE BUENO!!!!

Which is not too raer. I'll keep an eye out for you, the LP turns up down here.

If you look closely, Lil' Rob had a poster of the cover in his "bedroom" in the Summertime video, towards the end.

• Hotsauce84Hotsauce84 8,450 Posts
    Damn, I never see his LP's down here. The only one I have is sleeveless (no Seattle).

Thanks for keeping an eye out for me!

Herm

LOL, they're out there. Johnny Chingas is Norm has confessed his love for that track.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    this is DOPE! great mixing between different types of music.

This mix rules my headphones right now.

it's only available to download as a real media file for me. how can i get it on my headphones (as an mp3) as well? i need it in my life.

man gente sleep on chingas, jonny chingas aka brown brothers of soul aka rulie garcia & the east la congregation...
    dude died several years ago & is a staple LA classic among many generations of raza, back in the day when the sancho show was on chingas could be heard weekly... he has about 4 or so lp's as jonny chingas, some are good some are awful, he did the chingas thing as a joke & soon he found he had a following more so than any of his previous ventures... que pasa is actually the deal sealer it's also available on 45 by rulie g & the east la congregation... hope this help hotsauce... alRato
    senor rola

HI SH*G!!!!!

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts

Wait, you misphrased that, your link should read:
    Extreme rare to find in best condition as soon as new![/b]