Not Another Damn Beat Post?!?

GambleGamble 844 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3AMAO73IWABHF0W8HIKIZNMIAXI like this beat. I dont normally make sped up vocal type shit but this just happened that way. The drums are mixed to low and could use some more punch. Other then that im happy. I will prolly finish this one and use it in some way.On the other hand:http://s30.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0G7LLP6DVDHDA1G59NMWI2HGQSHeres a beat i made earlier today. I used shitty speakers, and you can tell. There is this way fuckin annoying snare roll ( i mean reeeeaaaaly terrible) that didnt sound bad when i made this beat. This one has potential IMO, but at this point im not feeling it. Any suggestions?I want to do some crazy epic axelrod esque hiphop shit with a live band and overdubbed strings and horns. Is cost the only reason people arent doing this? Is anyone else even interested in this? I mean, imagine Nas over some song of innocnce shit. Well post up your beats people. I know there are some people holding back seirous heat. Day, family life cant be taking up all you time.If anyone has any shit with live instruments, post that up too.The Last Gentleman,Gamble.

Comments

• This is crack. I'm feelin' it.

I used shitty speakers, and you can tell. There is this way fuckin annoying snare roll ( i mean reeeeaaaaly terrible) that didnt sound bad when i made this beat.This one has potential IMO, but at this point im not feeling it. Any suggestions?
    Yeah, just fix the drum roll and the beat would be much better but regardless, it's still dope, IMO.

I know there are some people holding back seirous heat.
    Give me about 6 months and I'll posting beats on the regular.

• 6 months? Why not post em now...

All the cool kids are doing it

• i like the first one not really feeling that second one. i ain't really feeling that sample. drums are tight as hell though.

dave

• dayday 9,612 Posts

Day, family life cant be taking up all you time.

Hahaha nah man, THIS place is!

Really tho, my cables are all shot (remember my Monster cable thread a while back?) but I should be getting some new ones tomorrow. I'll definitley post some shit when I have something new.

And as usual - sounding GOOD dude

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    Cool stuff Gamble, altho it's hard to follow that Zaitochi shit you put up the other day.

Here's one i started a while ago.

http://s38.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2EJ5JNU0AFCW60WDL668HNNA9J

• Im about ready to get some new cables myself... I think monster cables really do make a difference. My cables are so shot, making beats has become a performance art. Try banging drums out with one hand, while using the other hand to hold the cable up at just the right angle/height that it requires for ANY sound to come out of it. I should be able to make a track without looking like a Cirque Du Solei contortionist, Yoaming?

And as usual - sounding GOOD dude

This picture came up in google for "flattered". Its NOT ME.

Though i do own that shirt.

• just to be fair here is one i did a couple years ago. shit is dry lately so it's only old stuff...

http://s34.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=3G2WTMXWUMHDB283C7GZZJWXKX

dave

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    i used to post some beats.

• I posted these same tracks in the last one but was a day late and since nobody downloaded shit, Im reposting. I think thats aloud.

• by the way, I dig those tracks gamble and des. gamble i like the second better, errors and all.

OK so i'm putting this wedding mix CD together and I wanted to have a version of MC Shy D's Shake It on there, but it wasn't really fitting, so I decided to just put my favorite part, which was the intro, and then maybe throw some drums under it.... well after a while I started adding shit and then it became this weird obsession of mine. and when (if) you listen to it, it sounds like the simplest shit in the world (because it is) but i swear this thing has been driving me crazy for like a month. i mean, seriously, it took me a month to make this.

not all day everyday, but a couple of evenings a week I would play with it and try to get it right. I still don't think the guitar stands out enough, but oh well.

and also it was hard because there is no accapella, so I had to use vocals with the drums underneath, but I don't like the way they did the drums in the orininal because there is like this weird phase ringy thing going on in the mid/treble that was impossible to get rid of.

anyways, that was way to long of an intro. anyways, i wouldn't mind some feedback on it, although it is very big-beat-ish, so a lot of you won't like it.

ok.

Shake It (remix)

• Jock Jams 05!

• Idk if this is allowed but...heres a song i did fairly recently. Its far from bein finished but u get the idea. Also, i ONLY did the beat.
    pardon me

Jock Jams 05!

yeah, i know right? hahahahaha

i dont ever want to hear this song or this wedding mix ever again. i've heard it one (million) times to many....

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Post deleted by day

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    HA!

• Post deleted by day

HA, I got your tracks. They sound good mang, wtf! Just listened to your remix of petesramentals and am on the meters now. Sounds good, repost.

• Post deleted by day

I DLed in tyhe nick of time.

Your plans for wallowing in obscurity have been thwarted once again!

This sheit is ridonkolus. Cool-vibes-with-spacy-arp-and-funky-bass-rare.

Last track is real tight too.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Post deleted by day

HA, I got your tracks. They sound good mang, wtf! Just listened to your remix of petesramentals and am on the meters now. Sounds good, repost.

hahahaha

Yeah man, this shit is just old and alot of it is unfinished etc.

I might though, who knows. I'm on drink one now so most likely I will

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Post deleted by day

dammit.. too late!

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Post deleted by day

dammit.. too late!

You didn't miss shiiiiet man. Baleedat.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    Post deleted by day

dammit.. too late!

You didn't miss shiiiiet man. Baleedat.

LIES! plaese to repost for slow-real-headz[/b]?????

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts

• 6 months? Why not post em now...

NO RECORDING EQUIPMENT

• OK so i'm putting this wedding mix CD together and I wanted to have a version of MC Shy D's Shake It on there, but it wasn't really fitting, so I decided to just put my favorite part, which was the intro, and then maybe throw some drums under it.... well after a while I started adding shit and then it became this weird obsession of mine. and when (if) you listen to it, it sounds like the simplest shit in the world (because it is) but i swear this thing has been driving me crazy for like a month. i mean, seriously, it took me a month to make this.

not all day everyday, but a couple of evenings a week I would play with it and try to get it right. I still don't think the guitar stands out enough, but oh well.

and also it was hard because there is no accapella, so I had to use vocals with the drums underneath, but I don't like the way they did the drums in the orininal because there is like this weird phase ringy thing going on in the mid/treble that was impossible to get rid of.

anyways, that was way to long of an intro. anyways, i wouldn't mind some feedback on it, although it is very big-beat-ish, so a lot of you won't like it.

ok.

Shake It (remix)

I like it... its fun..

can you post up your welk shake for me?? I lost my previous MP3 and I wanna rock it this weekend in B-More..

R

• Gamble: The first one is nice, but yeah the drums are too mixed too low, and it definitely needs something to contrast with the pretty mellow sample.

Second one is cool as well, but for some reason I like the first one better.

"Twisted" was Dave's, right? That bass sample is crazy, but the drums are kinda stiff. I wouldn't have solo'ed them either. More groove in the drums and something to fill in the high end, and you've got yourself a winner.

I'll try to listen to some others later.