Shipping from one side of the state to the other

johmbolayajohmbolaya 4,472 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
In my case, Washington State. Explain to me this, how come an album shipped via media mail is going to take a fricken 10-15 days? No snow, no flood waters. Normal mail from here to Seattle is two days. 10-15 fricken days? What kind of bullshit is that? Of course the remedy would be to move there, but that's for next year.

Comments

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    they just say that as a buffer time for them... i do media mail (large and small boxes) from here to LA from time to time and sometimes it takes 2-3 days and sometimes it takes two weeks. it all depends on if the driver wants to pick that shit up that day and if it gets processed...

or so i understand it...

• hcrinkhcrink 8,729 Posts
    man, I've been waiting on a record for over a month now. & it's just coming from Los Angeles to Sonoma.

• parsecparsec 5,087 Posts
    they gotta inspect that shit in ellensburg johmbolaya? haha

• they gotta inspect that shit in yakima[/b] johmbolaya? haha

It's part of the whole meth triad, I guess, it has to go through customs.

It's part of the whole meth triad, I guess, it has to go through customs.
    HAHAHA!!

• What was weird is that I bought records and they had to send in multiple boxes. They sent them out the same day yet 2 out of 4 boxes came on Thursday then the other 2 yesterday. Also the other one which was in California said 2 days but it took longer than from New Jersey.

Media is weird sometimes. A seller from Jersey once sent me records and they would arrive 3 days later.

• they just say that as a buffer time for them... i do media mail (large and small boxes) from here to LA from time to time and sometimes it takes 2-3 days and sometimes it takes two weeks. it all depends on if the driver wants to pick that shit up that day and if it gets processed...

or so i understand it...

I think Justin is onto something. The extreme variations in "media mail" service suggest that there's something arbitrary in the way they're handled...