arrested development - the tv show, not the group

mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
edited September 2005 in Off Topic (NRR)
i've spent the past 20 minutes watching clips from the show's website: http://www.fox.com/arresteddev/this is the best thing on tv right now... but i'm also pretty excited for the new 'curb' season and 'extras.'anyone else recognize the brilliance here?

Comments

• is the best thing on tv right now

• anyone else recognize the brilliance here?

big cosign!! only Family Guy gives this show a run-for-the-money as funniest show on tv. How can you go wrong with characters named: Gob, Tobias Funke, George Michael, Maybe and Lucille II?!?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Good show. The fact that Portia de Rossi is a lesbian also drives me nuts (in a good way.)

• Good show. The fact that Portia de Rossi is a lesbian also drives me nuts (in a good way.)

Dude, this is so irrelevant. But yeah.

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Lesbianism is always relevant.

• anyong. [i know, mr bul, i spelled it wrong]

cosign. but im eagerly awaiting that chris rock show.

• dollar_bindollar_bin I heartily endorse this product and/or event 2,326 Posts
    Oh shit!!! Thanks for the reminder,

Season 3 Premere, tonight 8PM etc etc[/b]

I will be watching.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    anyong. [i know, mr bul, i spelled it wrong]

i'll be very surprised if 'everybody hates chris' turns out halfway decent. IMO, it looks like typical sitcom trash... kind of like the new michael rappaport show 'the war at home' which i forced myself to sit through last night.
    chris rock is good for unrated (ie non-awards show) stand-up and that's about it.

• Lesbianism is always relevant.

Yes, I guess to her we are irrelevant. She was in Sirens w/ Elle McPherson

• anyong. [i know, mr bul, i spelled it wrong]

i'll be very surprised if 'everybody hates chris' turns out halfway decent. IMO, it looks like typical sitcom trash... kind of like the new michael rappaport show 'the war at home' which i forced myself to sit through last night.
    chris rock is good for unrated (ie non-awards show) stand-up and that's about it.

Every trailer I've seen for War At Home has been creepy.

• Sorry thread hijack.

Arrested Development

is the best thing on tv right now

speaking of which, tyra in less than 1/2 hour pst.

• BrianBrian 7,618 Posts

is the best thing on tv right now

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    i can't even pick a favorite character but george michael is up there, along with buster now that he got his hand tooken by a loose seal.
    favorites?

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts
    i can't even pick a favorite character but george michael is up there, along with buster now that he got his hand tooken by a loose seal.

favorites?

they're all my favourites! this show makes me cry i laugh so hard. the last few episodes of the season with Franklin, MotherBoy and Mrs.Featherbottom (Mrs. Fingerbottom from Blackstool!!) were amazing. It's like the best-written, -directed, -acted and -edited thing around. Like an up-dated Soap - hand-puppet and all!

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Damn I haven't thought about Soap for a long time.

• bassiebassie 11,710 Posts

it was really good eh? better than a sitcom, but not quite a drama series...funny and dark and kinda dirty.

then Katherine Helmond had to go and be on one of the worst shows ever - Who's the Boss. jeez.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    I can't wait. I don't watch much tv because I don't have cable but it's the one show worth sticking a paper clip and some aluminum foil into the the antanna jack for.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    whoops didn't see there's already a thread about this.

tonights ep was way better than most of last season.

http://www.imoscar.com/

i like entourage (when it's not a Saigon promotional vehicle), but if you think that's fucking with arrested you need to get your head checked.

• i'm surprised so many people think this is funny. i saw two episodes and thought it was pretty don't think i laughed in an hour.

simpsons and curb your enthusiasm holding shit down for a while.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    Good show. The fact that Portia de Rossi is a lesbian also drives me nuts (in a good way.)
    did anybody ever see that wendy williams show where she confronts di rossi + says she's got pics of her kissing a girl.
    this was before di rossi was 'out' + she looked like she wanted to stomp the shit outta wendy.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

it was really good eh? better than a sitcom, but not quite a drama series...funny and dark and kinda dirty.

then Katherine Helmond had to go and be on one of the worst shows ever - Who's the Boss. jeez.

Not to derail this cause I think Arrested Development is one of the best shows on TV, but does anyone remember that episode of Soap where Richard Mulligan got abducted/probed by aliens? For some reason that's the first thing I think of when when I'm reminded of that show.

Didn't he get replaced with an alien double or something?

That was a good show.

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    i'm surprised so many people think this is funny. i saw two episodes and thought it was pretty don't think i laughed in an hour.

dave - in all fairness the show relies on a lot of running and inside jokes and as such i can see how somebody would jump in for an episode or two and not feel it immediately. (i suspect this is part of the reason it's been so commercially uncessful despite heavy promotion and critical acclaim)

I agree I didn't really get the first couple episodes I saw. It wasn't until a friend let me borrow the season one dvd's that I became hooked

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Arrested development is awesome!

Id say the only show thats better than it is the wire. WHen that starts up again, its gonna be raw!!!

Portia De Rossi is rediculously hot.

favorites?

they're all my favourites! this show makes me cry i laugh so hard. the last few episodes of the season with Franklin, MotherBoy and Mrs.Featherbottom (Mrs. Fingerbottom from Blackstool!!) were amazing. It's like the best-written, -directed, -acted and -edited thing around. Like an up-dated Soap - hand-puppet and all!

I just about lost it when Mrs. Featherbottom jumped onto the living room table.

• im a little bothered by how much i want george michael and maybe to get together (were finished 1st season here, havent had a chance to check for any new downloads)

freudian?

• I agree. Show is dopest show on right now that isn't a cartoon.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts
    I agree. Show is dopest show on right now that isn't a cartoon.

weeds is catching up tho, the last ep was real funny.