Funky Groovy Music Records Lexicon - BW Edition

400YearsOfWhat400YearsOfWhat 64 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
The new Black & White Edition 2005[/b] of the "Funky & Groovy Music Records Lexicon"[/b] is available for delivery early November (printing starts coming week).All details about content and price you will find on my website http://www.funk.ch/funk-lexikon.htm[/b]. There are also some sample pages who can be downloaded (4.4MB) http://www.funk.ch/Lex2005_SalesInformation_ForWebsite.pdf. The main difference to the very limited colour edition (beside the colour), are the following:[/b]
- additional 500 important items listed, many updated entries

- additional 500 important pictures added (some les important exchanged with more important ones as well)

- a new "Rarity/Value" code added to 90% of all listed items (see explanation on that in sample pages)

- updated other chapters

- it's only 1/4th of the price the colour-edition was, and with an even larger content
Thanks to the many who already have subscribed for it, reserving a copy during the past 10 months.[/b] They all will be notified with payment options/details within next 2 weeks to place definitive order by payment. All reservations will be handled with priority.If you are interested to get one, just sign up for it at http://www.funk.ch/funk-lexikon.htm[/b] and you will be notified within next two weeks too. In case you have reserved a copy but would like to order multiple copies to save on postage costs (it really makes a big difference), place an updated reservation.Two years after the limited colour edition and 10 years after the last black & white edition I'm glad to have this time-consuming project finished and I hope you will enjoy the result.Best,Peter

Comments

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    For the love of god I can't beleive its finally going to happen. Been waiting for this for a while now.

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I already put my reserve in...plaese to not forget me.

• just curious how much is it ? you never mention a price anywhere.

• pointmanpointman 1,042 Posts
    just curious how much is it ? you never mention a price anywhere.

from the site:

Price 1 copy for customers ...

x... located within Europe
    $ 90.--
    [ price includes 22$ for registered economy mail ]
    [ delivery within 5-15 working days, depending on location ]
    x
    ... located outside Europe
    $ 96.--
    [ price includes 28$ for registered economy mail ]
    [ delivery within 10-20 working days, depending on location ]
    x
    ... innerhalb der Schweiz
    SFr 90.--
    [ inklusive Versandkosten, Lieferung innerhalb einer Woche ]
    x
    Saving postage by ordering multiple copies
    (saving 5-10% on each copy)
    Ask for Postage on multiple copies

Retailer (Wiederverk??ufer) prices
    (10 copies or more)
    Ask for Retailer Prices

• jinx74jinx74 2,287 Posts
    yo man i wanna put one on hold but you dont list an email address or anywhere to get in contact with you that i could see...

yes... you do have the little links that put you straight to your email but my computer doesnt work that way...

can i get this on hold please?

• just curious how much is it ? you never mention a price anywhere.

price depending on location (or even quantity), therefore see on the website the details are mentioned there

• yo man i wanna put one on hold but you dont list an email address or anywhere to get in contact with you that i could see...

yes... you do have the little links that put you straight to your email but my computer doesnt work that way...

can i get this on hold please?

ok here is the direct email: [email]lexikon@funk.ch[/email]
    be sure to indicate full name/address along with your reservation

• As to some questions: The lexicon book front/back cover will be a "Soft-Cover, glossy color laminated for protection". Thanks for asking.

• Very dope, man!

Is this limitated?

I'd sure cop one at the end of the year, so I'm wondering how many you printed.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    I already put my reserve in...plaese to not forget me. [/b]

• I already put my reserve in...plaese to not forget me. [/b]

• lambertlambert 1,166 Posts
    Was the color version online at one time?
    I seem to recall, about 3 years ago, sitting in class looking at webpage after webpage of ridiculously gorgeous hi-res color scans of raer. Then one day, it disapeared.

• I already put my reserve in...plaese to not forget me. [/b]

Those who have subscribed/reserved during past 10 months are all filed, so I will confirm next step to order within next two weeks. If somebody who has reserved but doesn't get a mail until mid October should send me an email again (I hope there will noobdy's reservation get lost).

• Was the color version online at one time?
    I seem to recall, about 3 years ago, sitting in class looking at webpage after webpage of ridiculously gorgeous hi-res color scans of raer. Then one day, it disapeared.

only partially of what is in the color version

• If you reserve a copy through the website (full name/address) and mention that you want me to hold it for you, I can put it aside for you. Thanks. Peter

Very dope, man!

Is this limitated?
    I'd sure cop one at the end of the year, so I'm wondering how many you printed.

• I want this. And I don't even know why I want it, I just do.

• Dope Peter!

I'll do it

• Due to your posts amount you seem to be on this board a long time. Do you know whether Daryle Maciocha is still on this board and if so what user-name he has? Need to contact him ... Help would be appreciated, thanks.

• Due to your posts amount you seem to be on this board a long time. Do you know whether Daryle Maciocha is still on this board and if so what user-name he has? Need to contact him ... Help would be appreciated, thanks.

The name doesn't sound familiar to me. Sorry.... Do you what country he is from?

The name doesn't sound familiar to me. Sorry.... Do you what country he is from?

From Washington DC as far as I can remember. His mail-address disappeared from my address-book after having sent him recently an email, but meanwhile I haven't got a reply from him. 10 monthes ago, in a thread on soulstrut, he was working on getting 20 users together to order the lexicon at once over him, to save a lot of postage costs as well as getting a quantity discount. Don't know what happened to that try.

From Washington DC as far as I can remember. His mail-address disappeared from my address-book after having sent him recently an email, but meanwhile I haven't got a reply from him. 10 monthes ago, in a thread on soulstrut, he was working on getting 20 users together to order the lexicon at once over him, to save a lot of postage costs as well as getting a quantity discount. Don't know what happened to that try.

I suppose you don't remember his user name......

I suppose you don't remember his user name......

That's a good friend of mine here in DC. I'll PM you with his contact info.

That's a good friend of mine here in DC. I'll PM you with his contact info.

Thanks for contact information, but he didn't reply so far. Anyway here the news ....

2 Years after the Color Edition I can announce that the new Black & White Edition is now ready for ordering and delivery.

Details on http://www.funk.ch/funk-lexikon.htm

All who have subscribed/reserved copies will be notified about payment instructions within this week (18th Oct).[/b]

Sayin' it doin' it
    Peter