dope shit or extra average - current joints

cascas 1,484 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
with all this talk on why shit sucks and what isn't real hip-hop. how about getting some suggestions from fools on what they think is current (relatively) and dope. i'll start it off.sean price - onionheadthes one - noonenperceptionists - breath in the sun/career finders5 deez - hey young worldi self devine - self destruction lpaz/nas - seriousmurs - 3:16little brother - lovin itdangerdoom album[/b]i feel like a lot of us have grown jaded towards hip-hop somewhat. the mystery of the beats and shit become lost, we are/have been (over) exposed to a lot of bland/sub par shit and it just doesn't feel the same way it did when we were young, but there's plenty of dudes that are making extremely dope, thoughtful, funky shit. post a little list and steer some misguided, lost in the dark dudes onto the right path.i do feel though that the art of the mixtape has been kind of lost over the past few years though.

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts

i self devine - self destruction lp

i just got this yesterday, shits definately dope.

and i just heard the promo advance of the new cuninlynguists, am i allowed to like that shit?

• am I the only one not feeling AZ? that shit sounds average to me

• SoulOnIceSoulOnIce 13,027 Posts
    Kanye/Paul Wall - Drive Slow

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    Kanye/Paul Wall - Drive Slow

the disco ball in my mouth insinuates im ballin

• Kanye/Paul Wall - Drive Slow

PLAESE tell me that this lyric is real!!!!!

yup

yup

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA...............

ok thats it. as of right now i am a rapper.

• Diz, you are not getting it, rap right now is very

• with all this talk on why shit sucks and what isn't real hip-hop. how about getting some suggestions from fools on what they think is current (relatively) and dope. i'll start it off.
    5 deez - hey young world [/b]

Really? I wansn't feelin this one compared to their other singles. I thought it was their weakest one yet...? Other mentions:

Longevity Crew (got a couple joints are real nice).

• djannadjanna 1,543 Posts
    I'm officially on a "Southern Rap" kick. Anyonw with a "Young", "lil", or "Slim" in his name gets my vote.

• ZomBZomB 397 Posts
    5 deez - hey young world

Is that a slick rick cover?!?

• cascas 1,484 Posts
    also...you guys check out the alkaholiks "flute song" yet? shit is pretty fresh.

http://www.hiphopgame.com/download.php3?id=2882

• Yeah this is my pick of your bunch... Full burns the skull with lyrics & style.

And Ohmega Watts is dope. Apparently he also sampled musicians from groups like The Rebirth
    & rearranged them to make tracks. Something like that.
    And 'Baby Batter' is sticking out of his crate. Gotta love that.

And this is a fucken sick record from the Netherlands. Production is stellar.

• And this is a fucken sick record from the Netherlands. Production is stellar.

COSIGN TO THE FULLEST!

• noznoz 3,625 Posts
    greatest song all week:

B>Young Zee vs. Casual - Bay Vs. Bricks/B>

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

read an interview with these guys in a swedish mag and cant take em seriously anymore. fucked up views on sampling and music in general. i am now more annoyed by these fools than buck 65.

• [/url]

[/img]

I have not heard this, but I liked the bside of this w/ i self and doom.

• DocBeezyDocBeezy 1,918 Posts

And Ohmega Watts is dope. Apparently he also sampled musicians from groups like The Rebirth
    & rearranged them to make tracks. Something like that.
    And 'Baby Batter' is sticking out of his crate. Gotta love that.

I was feelin this but, it falls victim to the "too many god damn tracks syndrome"

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts
    any one else feeling this:

Whatcha gonna do with all that junk
    all that junk inside your trunk

I'ma get get get get you drunk
    get you love drunk off my hump
    my hump my hump my hump my hump my hump
    my hump my hump my hump my lovely little lumps

?

(no
    )

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts

read an interview with these guys in a swedish mag and cant take em seriously anymore. fucked up views on sampling and music in general. i am now more annoyed by these fools than buck 65.

What they say?

• And this is a fucken sick record from the Netherlands. Production is stellar.

What they say?

Does it matter? They've made a hiphop album that makes me proud of being dutch- not something that has happened before!

another track

• any one else feeling this:

?

My kids LOVE this song.

BTW, that Black Eyed Peas album may not be "that real shit", but it ain't terrible at all for a pop record IMO. Any pop record that uses Stark Reality can't be ALL bad, ya dig?

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

What they say?

Does it matter? They've made a hiphop album that makes me proud of being dutch- not something that has happened before!

another track

they dissed looping and looked down on people not musically trained. people who couldnt read music.

incredibly stupid and so

i actually wanted to punch dudes face in.

• mcdeemcdee 871 Posts

?

My kids LOVE this song.

BTW, that Black Eyed Peas album may not be "that real shit", but it ain't terrible at all for a pop record IMO. Any pop record that uses Stark Reality can't be ALL bad, ya dig?

even my mother(!) bought it. that pulp ficion beat aint that bad either. i mean, its nothing i would listen to personally - but it did put a smile on my face when i heard it at my parents place.

• mandrewmandrew 2,720 Posts

?

My kids LOVE this song.

even my mother(!) bought it. that pulp ficion beat aint that bad either. i mean, its nothing i would listen to personally - but it did put a smile on my face when i heard it at my parents place.

whoa whoa whoa... i thought the enjoyability of 'my humps' was an anomaly cuz i typically HATE the BEP. but... maybe i'll have to check it out.

no, nevermind. i refuse to willfully turn on their crap music.

• I'm officially on a "Southern Rap" kick. Anyonw with a "Young", "lil", or "Slim" in his name gets my vote.

I was listening to that Slim Thug album this weekend and it sounded alright.....the only song I'm feeling by Young Jeezy is "Go Crazy"

Other than that been playing recent stuff by Madlib, Justus League (Khrysis is improving), Nottz, G.U.N

What they say?

another track

they dissed looping and looked down on people not musically trained. people who couldnt read music.

incredibly stupid and so

i actually wanted to punch dudes face in.

Weak sauce.

oh... and on some new/newish hip hop i'm feeling...

Clipse feat. Ab-Liva & Sandman - Zen

Three 6 Mafia - Stay Fly... both the original & the remix

Goldy - Bitch Had a Baby By a Dog feat. Ant Banks (screwed)... from '04 but just heard this recently... dope shit.

Ghostface - Be Easy

Sean Price - Onionhead, Monkey Barz

AZ feat. Nas - Serious

etc...

OH!

And Gza + Muggs

General Principal