Post a pic of your favourite record store!!!

124»

Comments

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    more plaese

• G_BalliandoG_Balliando 3,916 Posts

• akoako https://soundcloud.com/a-ko 3,413 Posts
    All the one spot. There's always something here.

sigh...good ol kanesville.

• he definitely has is off days

I always catch him on such days. I always see him at the Wayne show. Anyone happen to be going this weekend by any chance?

• the only record store that i have ever smoked a joint in while the last custies were still listening to records.

• Chin Randy's on Lincoln Place used to be a goldmine. I used to visit that place once a week after school and always find gems.

• dude, stinky steve is a legend, no doubt about it.
    his fame runs into the backroads of carolina, down to florida and all the way up the coast. i never really smelled him either (not really trying to) but ive been around him enough to say he's not a dummy. the man will talk on and on and on about weird erotic philosophies and cultural phenomenon and environmental pollution. but first and foremost, he is a hustler. all he does is look for records, tapes, and books.

he definitely has is off days, but when he is on....no telling what you can catch and no telling what the price will be, high or low. plus, he always walks the line between highly entertaining and highly obnoxious...so its always an adventure trying to deal with him. i stopped buying from him for over 2 years, too much to take.....but i'm back like a crack ho since 2004.

but make no mistake....no matter how many funk 45s off brainfreeze you own, no matter how ill your dj skills are...dude eclipses all of us in legendary status.

So his recent theft has been forgotten? Or has it been cleared up?

• Recordmania in Stockholm for y'all !

• marumaru 1,450 Posts
    this thread makes me want to dig

• That's three minutes from my work.

Must pop in, haven't been there in a while. Always a bit expensive, innit?

• dude, stinky steve is a legend, no doubt about it.
    his fame runs into the backroads of carolina, down to florida and all the way up the coast. i never really smelled him either (not really trying to) but ive been around him enough to say he's not a dummy. the man will talk on and on and on about weird erotic philosophies and cultural phenomenon and environmental pollution. but first and foremost, he is a hustler. all he does is look for records, tapes, and books.

he definitely has is off days, but when he is on....no telling what you can catch and no telling what the price will be, high or low. plus, he always walks the line between highly entertaining and highly obnoxious...so its always an adventure trying to deal with him. i stopped buying from him for over 2 years, too much to take.....but i'm back like a crack ho since 2004.

but make no mistake....no matter how many funk 45s off brainfreeze you own, no matter how ill your dj skills are...dude eclipses all of us in legendary status.

What's the story on this?

• dgriotdgriot 388 Posts
    dude, stinky steve is a legend, no doubt about it.

They've resolved it. It's not the first time, apparently. Both parties are...eccentric.

• The BizarreThe Bizarre San Francisco, CA 23 Posts
    Clubhouse, school, church, home away from home. The one and only Groove Merchant.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts

the only record store that i have ever smoked a joint in while the last custies were still listening to records.
    Great store, and I have scored nicely there over the years.  I've met many Strutters and hip-hop cats like Extra P and Edan there as well.  I have also left all kinds of faded from various beverages, the worst being after the WFMU party back in 2011.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

Double Decker in Allentown.  I've been going to this place for over 15 years and never disappoints.  
    asstro

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    RAJ said:

Double Decker in Allentown.  I've been going to this place for over 15 years and never disappoints.  
    Hey Raj,

I'll be crossing the NJ-PA state border (again) soon enough.  I have a spot out there on the humble. 

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    Double Decker is incredible. Follow them on Instagram and be infuriated at the fact that they don't do mail order. I secretly want my Father's Day present to be 2 hours at DD but I don't think wifey and the kids will go for it.

PS: Good Records is the schitt as well. Always great records which is a rare thing in NYC these days.