How Many Records You Got????

Comments

• faux_rillzfaux_rillz 14,343 Posts
    1200?

Maybe less--I just got rid of about another 100 this past month.

• ~2500? Same for the wife.

I have about 200 to get rid of soon. I've been purging about 300 a year for the past few years. Always feels great.

When and why did I buy the Fat Boys "All You Can Eat" 12-inch?

~2500? Same for the wife.

I have about 200 to get rid of soon. I've been purging about 300 a year for the past few years. Always feels great.

When and why did I buy the Fat Boys "All You Can Eat" 12-inch the Prince Paul, Kool Keith and Anticon titles that account for approximately 300 of that 2500?

• emyndemynd 830 Posts

When and why did I buy the Fat Boys "All You Can Eat" 12-inch the Prince Paul, Kool Keith and Anticon titles that account for approximately 300 of that 2500?

Mr. Complex.

-e

Mr. Complex.

-e

This is pure supposition on your part.

• ~2500? Same for the wife.

When and why did I buy the Fat Boys "All You Can Eat" 12-inch Reggae Riddims for dummies volumes 1-300?

• if you don't count van der graaf generator, i have 4

you mean I'm not the only VDGG fan on this site????

• i think i have about 1000 maybe even less. i'm trying to go for quality not quantity, plus ebay calls and i don't mind getting rid of stuff i paid little for and getting 90 for it.

i had 2-3000 at my peak i have sold off about 1000-2,000 in the last three years.

maybe if i could buy some collections i could get that number back up again. anybody in the central valley got some collection they want to sell ?

dave

• erewhonerewhon 1,123 Posts
    Ugh. I think I'm in the 8000 range and I'm really starting to hate it. I've been getting started on ebay, which has been great moneywise, but it just doesn't move enough product fast enough. Yard sales have been good in that regard, but then it's a drag to have to bring out six or seven crates just to empty one or less.

• i'm trying to go for quality not quantity

i'm trying to go for quality not quantity

i'm trying to go for quality not quantity

• parenparen 537 Posts
    down to ~ 3000 thanks to dildo.

• m_dejeanm_dejean Quadratisch. Praktisch. Gut. 2,946 Posts
    Just moved to a new apartment, so the collection got a serious trim prior to that. Down to about 4500 now.

• I've narrowed my shit down to records worth $100 or higher.

None of the $75 shit.

The cost of a record is what makes it sound good.

None of the $75 shit.

I knew a guy who believed this. All of his commons, from Sabbath to Eddie Kendricks, were in his basement on tool shelves. He only went down there to pull records he'd flip for greater raers. His prized raers were all immaculately shelved in his bedroom.

IS THIS YOU NATE?!?!

None of the $75 shit.

I knew a guy who believed this. All of his commons, from Sabbath to Eddie Kendricks, were in his basement on tool shelves. He only went down there to pull records he'd flip for greater raers. His prized raers were all immaculately shelved in his bedroom.

IS THIS YOU NATE?!?!

This is me except the Kendricks stays upstairs and the records are in plastic tubs. Not on an tool shelf.

an[/b] tool shelf

Do all collectors on your level pronounce "tool shelf" with a silent T?

• I need an F7 to make me sound dignityied.

• Was at 2000 lp's and now am at 1500. Got about 200 45's... And I'm still trying to slim it down...

• "I was up to about 5000 and I've cut it down to about 2000"

"Next clearance - imminent, another 1000 to go before Christmas"

"i went from 3000 to 1500 in 2 years. feels good "

"I gotta clean up"

"but that needs to be drastically reduced and is a current project. "

"Maybe less--I just got rid of about another 100 this past month."

"I've been purging about 300 a year for the past few years. Always feels great."

"i had 2-3000 at my peak i have sold off about 1000-2,000 in the last three years."

"Ugh. I think I'm in the 8000 range and I'm really starting to hate it. I've been getting started on ebay"

"down to ~ 3000 thanks to dildo."

"Just moved to a new apartment, so the collection got a serious trim prior to that."

"I've narrowed my shit down to records worth $100 or higher."

"Was at 2000 lp's and now am at 1500. Got about 200 45's... And I'm still trying to slim it down..."

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    damn, I just ridded 300 LP's

y'all make me want to go through another record purge

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    Any one else have 200+ kiddie/instructional records just in case one day you want to sample one of them? This is the kind of stuff I feel like I really need to purge.

•  I only have two

Teacher: two hundred, well thats ok-

No, just two.

• BaptBapt 2,503 Posts
    2+

• asparagusasparagus Northampton, MA 333 Posts
    bout 800 lps. just shagged off bout 100.

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    bout 800 lps. just shagged off bout 100.

large hole 45's or small hole 12"s?

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    I got some records, mayng.

• I got some records, mayng.

me too. but I listen to em.

• Birdman9Birdman9 5,417 Posts
    I got some records, mayng.

that's fer suckers. unless they are expensive. then that's kool.

• I got some records, mayng.

Pfffffft. You windmill and kick the tonearm across em.

• SwayzeSwayze 14,705 Posts
    maybe 500 and it's definatly not all quality, but I am getting to the point where it is more then I can manage. I can't fathom 10,000+.