Bwana

volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
More "heat" that I finally got and can't figure out why people freak over this stuff. You can pretty much bust out a 99 cent Santana/Malo/El Chicano and get the same sound.I'm not saying this stuff sucks at all, but what's the hype on this LP. Sampled by Cut Chemist and DJ Shadow for the splooge remix or something?Maybe just cuz it's not easy to get a hold of one????Don't get me wrong I like it, but by the hype it should be blowing my mind right now.I'm really at the "fuck a break" point in my life. If a break is the only reason people hype a record they should spend their money on drum lessons.

Comments

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    if you dont like it sell/trade it! i hate wehn people complain like "dudes, why is this $200 lp i found for $.25 not as good as the JB's?"

• I agree this sucks but I collect it for sentimental reasons and I can take it off your hands

• LamontLamont 1,089 Posts
    you're right but show me a doper cover ...

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    I fucking love braexckzs, maybe this is the one you should be checking for instead

• volumenvolumen 2,532 Posts
    if you dont like it sell/trade it! i hate wehn people complain like "dudes, why is this $200 lp i found for $.25 not as good as the JB's?"

Yea, I understand. I just wonder if other people have the same reaction. Believe me I sell and trade a lot of stuff people love. But this got a Wax Poaetic write up and everything (not that means everyone should like it).

This is just a good place to get opinions about records.

So what's up Mack, do you like this record????????

• TheMackTheMack 3,414 Posts
    ive actually never heard it. but get the Peace and Love record, i guarantee you'll like it

That's the part that kills me, covers this dope should blow your mind when played.

ive actually never heard it. but get the Peace and Love record, i guarantee you'll like it

That's another "cover that will give me goose bumbs when I stuble on to it".

I agree this sucks but I collect it for sentimental reasons and I can take it off your hands

Yea, I'm sure I'll get a few offers. Like I said doesn't suck and I'll hold on to it for a while, but I'm feeling a little underwelmed.

• dayday 9,612 Posts

...I stuble on to it

...I stuble on to it

Whoops! Had been off the herb for about 4 months and I just got some.............plus I can't even spell when I'm sober!

May I also add I just needed to talk about a record for a min to get my mind off of you know what.

As my friend used to say "I don't care, I just love the controversy!"

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,375 Posts
    James brown is so over-hyped. Why do people like this stuff?

- spidey

• FINALLY, SOMEBODY'S COMING TO THEIR SENSES 'ROUND HERE!!!![/b]

I'm really at the "fuck a break" point in my life. If a break is the only reason people hype a record they should spend their money on drum lessons.
    Shit, I coulda told you that breaks weren't all that special when you registered here nine months ago!!

FINALLY, SOMEBODY'S COMING TO THEIR SENSES 'ROUND HERE!!!![/b]

I'm really at the "fuck a break" point in my life. If a break is the only reason people hype a record they should spend their money on drum lessons.

Shit, I coulda told you that breaks weren't all that special when you registered here nine months ago!!

Oh I've known that aren't that special for a long time, but I'm actually getting to the point where I'm ready to use the word "passe" and that's not good.

• mylatencymylatency 10,475 Posts
    "fuk a braek"

• ...I stuble on to it

RJD2?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    All this "fuck a break" talk, it's BLASPHEMY I TELL YOU!

• AserAser 2,351 Posts
    All this "fuck a break" talk, it's BLASPHEMY I TELL YOU!

sketcheronie will be upset....

but ayo wait a minute.....

yo that's that shit!

• GropeGrope 2,970 Posts
    I fucking love braexckzs, maybe this is the one you should be checking for instead

Nice one, but neither worth the money. One good song. Buy the compilations featuring Hot Pants Road by Boogaloo Combo. That LP as a whole sucks as well.

PS: might not "suck", but it's overrated and overpriced. Not better than most other Brazilian Funk records that you'd get for the same price!

• upskibooupskiboo 2,396 Posts

one of those covers Ive seen and seen and seen but never heard

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Its gotta be a really good break at this point for me to buy a record for it.

LIKe, REAAAALLLLYY damn good. and loud.

• BsidesBsides 4,244 Posts
    Its gotta be a really good break at this point for me to buy a record for it.

LIKe, REAAAALLLLYY damn good. and loud.

but they are still nice. And I like to find them.

• OlskiOlski 355 Posts

I still remember the rush when I flipped though some crates and saw it for the first time. Not cheap though 70 Euro if I remember right. Which is like the most I spend on records.

• I'm really at the "fuck a break" point in my life.