Why is morale slippin around here?

GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
edited September 2005 in Strut Central
It seems like the euphoria everyone was feeling a few days ago has subsided and been replaced with depression and worry.

Maybe I'm too much of an optimist but holding your head down ain't the way to be. Yeah shit sucks right now, but you can sit and sulk about it or you can stand up and make something happen. I think as a whole this web forum community did an amazing job. I am in absolute awe of many of you. The sacrifices of time and value you people have made simply wont allow me to feel bad.

The way the news networks have grown a sudden backbone won't allow me to be sad

The way that communities, without any help from the government have kept themselves not only alive, but helped other when they can won't allow me to be sad.

I wish I could pull out an inspiratinal quote or something right now but I simply can't. I just want y'all to know that in the face of such a sad time people showed their compassion and love for total strangers. This board went from talkers to doers. For those that are starting to feel the weight of the world holding them down I want you to remember that y'all have been holding it up pretty damn well so far and their ain't no use in buckling under now.

I have never been more proud to be in the company of internet record nerds than I've been in the last few days.

Stay up, be proud, and know that y'all have worked towards something positive.

-Adam

Comments

• holding your head down ain't the way to be. Yeah shit sucks right now, but you can sit and sulk about it or you can stand up and make something happen.
    I have never been more proud to be in the company of internet record nerds than I've been in the last few days.
    Stay up, be proud, and know that y'all have worked towards something positive.

• AaronAaron 977 Posts
    Still high off the heatrock, I see.

Reality beckons.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    This cheered me up...totally irreverant and got me out of "GOD THE WORLD IS FUCKED UP" mode...
    THE ONION
    gNAT

• GuzzoGuzzo 8,611 Posts
    Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld praised the phone support, but noted that it would take months to transfer any equipment from Iraq to New Orleans, saying, "You fight a national disaster with the equipment you have."

almost not a joke

• Damn, Bam's reach is far.

White Foragers Report Threat Of Black Looters[/b]

NEW ORLEANS???Throughout the Gulf Coast, Caucasian suburbanites attempting to gather food and drink in the shattered wreckage of shopping districts have reported seeing African??Americans "looting snacks and beer from damaged businesses." "I was in the abandoned Wal-Mart gathering an air mattress so I could float out the potato chips, beef jerky, and Budweiser I'd managed to find," said white survivor Lars Wrightson, who had carefully selected foodstuffs whose salt and alcohol content provide protection against contamination. "Then I look up, and I see a whole family of [African-Americans] going straight for the booze. Hell, you could see they had already looted a fortune in diapers." Radio stations still in operation are advising store owners and white people in the affected areas to locate firearms in sporting-goods stores in order to protect themselves against marauding blacks looting gun shops.

• That's so funny in a sick sort of way.