LITTLE DUDE IDEA: BEATMAKING for New Orleans? $$?

Comments

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    gnat check your PMS, my steez is there

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    bump

• RaystarRaystar 1,106 Posts
    bump

Did you get my .wav file?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    bump

Did you get my .wav file?
    Nope, where is it at?

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    More updates, all changes appear in BOLD[/b]
    UPDATE ON SUMMARY OF CONTRIBUTORS/INTEREST:

NEEDS:

-We need an artist for cover art.
    bobbydee[/b]

-We need at least 10 different original beatz from SoulStrut members.
    *aspirin, *BeatChemist, **hogginthefogg**, **kidgusto,*AlienINVERSION, **johmbolaya**, *ThesONE, *Raystar, **mallard, **Grafwritah, *peaceful rotation, *noixe, *jaymack, **pacman**, *Bambouce, *gir, *mcdee, *recordbinladen, *gNAT, *seanthomas, *mrpek, *sno, **GLOOM, **MEEP, *twoply, *Gamble, *DJ Ferrari, *BeatChemist, *peacefulrotation, YOU! NEED HELP HERE![/b],
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    **indicates that these individuals have already hit me/let me preview their preliminary track. Those who have hit me with preliminary MP3s thank you, keep it coming. My goal is to have as many and as diverse as tracks as possible. A good mix of somber political shit with uplifting jams is what I'm set on doing. I plan on using all 80minutes. If I really end up getting 29 beats, I'll have some decision making to make, so make those beatz/mixes ill as fuck. Remember, its ALL for charity.[/b]

-We need someone to reproduce CDs quick and cheap.
    -We need someone to ship everything.
    -We need someone to coordinate all these folks.
    gNAT

-We need someone with a PAYPAL Account set up to receive money; the Treasurer.
    -Am I missing anything? I must be...
    ANYBODY? NEED HELP HERE! (PAGING BAY AREA STRUTTERS!)[/b]

Revised proposal--9/8/05, 6:30 PST

gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    PS seanthomas and Gamble and a few others...turn on your PMs

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    This is a BUMP for you late night cats to keep this post in rotation.

Additionally. I gotta say that the tracks I have been privy to so far ARE heat. One particular contribution from a Bay Area DJ whose name is reminiscent of pork products being immersed in low-level clouds came through with a mudderfuckin jam that will make people who don't like blends like remix blends and maybe even start referring to them as mash-ups (talking to you OdUb) .

A note to potential contributors, a balance between somber tracks and hopeful ones is important. I'd like the compilation to be uplifting and raise political awareness. Not all tracks have to be politically loaded, they may just be dope for no good reason than the dopeyosity factor. Feel me? But cerebral beatz with Nagin ranting are sweet too...

Good night...me wife and me ain't had no time alone so...

peace
    gNAT

• Yo i dont even know why my pms are off... im trying to figure out how to turn em on...

*UPDATE*

My loyal fans.. pms are ON!

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts
    Here's a sketch of what I've been working on. It's just the beginning, hopefully it'll be 2-3 times longer when I'm done w/ multiple parts.

What Went Wrong?

Also, my sound mixing/engineering skills are woefully underdeveloped. Anyone want to offer their skills or expertise?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    yo fuck it - i'm down.

• yo fuck it - i'm down.

I wanna hear a Sayer beat-off type beat.

"dayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... you gotta give em some morrrrrre..."

• Sounds good. I don't think there's much to do other than maybe smooth out some of the beginning/endings of a couple of the audio clips.

Otherwise good shit.

Realplayer is evil.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    BUMP

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    What up Friday Night SS crew? If any of y'all who initially expressed interest think that I no longer need beats/mixes...you're dead wrong. WE still have at least half an album to fill.

I want this to be something that you want to promote to your folks and get some REAL grass roots shit going here. Hit me back with your beat or an update!

gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    9/10/05 UPDATE...
    I'm hungover, running on about 3 hours of sleep and just spent the last 5 hours in San Jose fixing my friend's car that got fucked up by some vandals. Nevertheless, we got some shit to do, so here you go...I am really pumped about the contributions that I've received so far...

All changes appear in BOLD[/b]

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.
    bobbydee, THE THEME IS NOW OFFICIALLY "BREAK IN THE ROAD"[/b]

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST[/b]
    *aspirin, *BeatChemist, , ,*AlienIVERSON, , *ThesONE, *Raystar, *peacefulrotation, *noixe, **pacman**, *Bambouce, *gir, *mcdee, *recordbinladen, *gNAT, *seanthomas, *mrpek, *sno, *Gamble, *DJ Ferrari, *BeatChemist, *peacefulrotation, *day[/b], YOU! NEED HELP HERE![/b]
    **HAVE SENT ME SOME PRELIMINARY STUFF/COMPLETED STUFF[/b]
    **hogginthefogg**, **kidgusto, **johmbolaya**, **mallard, **Grafwritah, **MEEP, **GLOOM, **p_gunn, **twoply, **jaymack[/b]

-->My goal is to have as many and as diverse as tracks as possible. A good mix of somber political shit with uplifting jams is what I'm set on doing. I plan on using all 80minutes. If I really end up getting 29 beats, I'll have some decision making to make, so make those beatz/mixes ill as fuck. Remember, its ALL for charity.

-CD PRODUCTION, SHIPPING/RECEIVING, COORDINATOR, TREASURER.
    gNAT

-We need someone with a PAYPAL Account set up to receive money; the Treasurer.
    -Am I missing anything? I must be...
    ANYBODY? NEED HELP HERE! (PAGING BAY AREA STRUTTERS!)[/b]

Revised proposal--9/10/05, 5:00 PST
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    BUMPing again so y'all Sunday morning headz can keep yerselfs updated...

• gloomgloom 2,765 Posts
    i got a buzz going around for this shit to drop, every ones shit is sound dope as well, keep it up

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    9/13/05 UPDATE...

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.
    bobbydee, THE THEME IS NOW OFFICIALLY "BREAK IN THE ROAD", GET AT ME BOBBY![/b]

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    *BeatChemist, noixe, Bambouche, mcdee, seanthomas, sno, Gamble, DJ Ferrari, day, YOU! NEED HELP HERE!
    **ARE WORKING ON IT**
    **AlienIVERSON, ThesONE, Raystar, peacefulrotation, gir, aspirin, recordbinladen , mrpek
    ***HAVE SENT ME SOME PRELIMINARY STUFF
    ***pacman, gNAT, mallard, Grafwritah, p_gunn, twoply
    ****HAVE SENT ME COMPLETED STUFF
    ****hogginthefogg, GLOOM, Meep, Kidgusto, johmbolaya, jaymack[/b]

-->My goal is to have as many and as diverse as tracks as possible. A good mix of somber political shit with uplifting jams is what I'm set on doing. I plan on using all 80minutes. If I really end up getting 29 beats, I'll have some decision making to make, so make those beatz/mixes ill as fuck. Remember, its ALL for charity.

gNAT

Revised proposal--9/13/05, 7:00pm PST
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    sorry, DJ Ferrari's name should appear in the "ARE WORKING ON IT" Category...
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    This guy is the shit and coming through in a major way despite being sick as a dog. I usually don't make a habit of publicly displaying PMs, but I think I can make an exception this time:
    Re: Hey, a check in...
    hey man- i been in hospital with pnemonia/dehydration (figure that out, lungs filled with fliud but your bodys dried out- THANKS) so i had alot of time to think about what direction to take this in. So i started covering a 47" square canvas in dirty old 45 sleeves, some water damaged, gonna get this photographed by a freind of mine who has a gellery, so then i can throw some ideas at you guys before i commit paint to canvas.

Should have some pics for you by monday.

Nick

• twoplytwoply Only Built 4 Manzanita Links 2,914 Posts

• got some troopers in our midst.

respect.

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    9/16/05 UPDATE...

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.
    bobbydee, THE THEME IS NOW OFFICIALLY "BREAK IN THE ROAD", BOBBY HAS A SICK NEW IDEA OF DOING A COLLAGE OF 45 SLEEVES, SOME WITH WATER DAMAGE, AND THEN PHOTOGRAPHING THAT FOR THE COVER/DISC ART[/b]

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    *BeatChemist, Bambouche, mcdee, seanthomas, sno, Gamble, day, YOU! NEED HELP HERE!
    **ARE WORKING ON IT**
    **AlienIVERSON, ThesONE, Raystar, peacefulrotation, gir, aspirin, recordbinladen , mrpek, DJ Ferrari[/b]
    ***pacman, gNAT, mallard, Grafwritah, p_gunn, twoply, noixe[/b]
    ****hogginthefogg, GLOOM, Meep, Kidgusto, johmbolaya, jaymack

gNAT

Revised proposal--9/16/05, 12:00pm PST
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    9/19/05 UPDATE...

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.
    bobbydee, THE THEME IS NOW OFFICIALLY "BREAK IN THE ROAD", BOBBY HAS A SICK NEW IDEA OF DOING A COLLAGE OF 45 SLEEVES, SOME WITH WATER DAMAGE, AND THEN PHOTOGRAPHING THAT FOR THE COVER/DISC ART

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    *BeatChemist, Bambouche, mcdee, seanthomas, sno, Gamble, day, YOU! NEED HELP HERE!
    **ARE WORKING ON IT**
    **AlienIVERSON, ThesONE, Raystar, peacefulrotation, gir, aspirin, recordbinladen , mrpek
    ***pacman, gNAT, Grafwritah, p_gunn, twoply, noixe
    ****hogginthefogg, GLOOM, Meep, Kidgusto, johmbolaya, jaymack, mallard[/b]

gNAT

Revised proposal--9/19/05, 11:30am PST
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    9/21/05 [color:orange]UPDATE...OH MOTHER FUCKING SHIT I'M JUICED![/color]

[color:red]The joints that have been coming across my DSL line are so FUCKING hot they have been setting my modem on fire...big ups to those that have come through lately and have already come through. [/color]

[color:yellow]Aspirin, BeatChemist, and gir have solid[/b] pieces on the compilation now.[/color]

[color:orange]I have been privy to some incredible work that twoply is working on that I will definitely hold out for. Also, our recent PUTS addition to SS has some work on its way...everyone is gonna wanna cop not just for charity but because the shit is quality. I can't hype this enough...[/b][/color]

DEPARTMENTS:

-COVER/CD FACE ARTIST.
    bobbydee, THE THEME IS NOW OFFICIALLY "BREAK IN THE ROAD", BOBBY HAS A SICK NEW IDEA OF DOING A COLLAGE OF 45 SLEEVES, SOME WITH WATER DAMAGE, AND THEN PHOTOGRAPHING THAT FOR THE COVER/DISC ART

-BEAT/MIX CONTRIBUTORS.
    *EXPRESSED INTEREST
    *mcdee, seanthomas, sno, Gamble, day, YOU! NEED HELP HERE!
    **ARE WORKING ON IT**
    **AlienIVERSON, ThesONE, peacefulrotation, recordbinladen , mrpek
    ***pacman, Grafwritah, p_gunn, twoply, noixe, Raystar[/b]
    ****hogginthefogg, GLOOM, Meep, Kidgusto, johmbolaya, jaymack, mallard, BeatChemist, gNAT, gir, ASPIRIN[/b]

gNAT

Revised proposal--9/21/05, 6:000m PST
    gNAT

• GnatGnat 1,183 Posts
    for you after 10pm folls out here on the West Coast, I grace you with an update...
    gNAT (see above)

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Sending a PM in a minute

• Sending a BM in a minute

• CosmoCosmo 9,768 Posts
    Gnat I am still up in thsi but I been dumb busy you know what I mean right?

• dayday 9,612 Posts
    Sending a BM in a minute

Make sure you throw it in a manilla envelope woadie