2021 Predictions

dizzybulldizzybull Eerie Dicks 328 Posts
Today is January 7th and we've already had our first batshit crazy episode of the year yesterday in Washington DC as deranged cultist lunatics stormed the capitol, stirred on by an orange menace.  

We have 358 days to go. 

So make your predictions now!  Then we will check back a year from now and see how we did.

Here are mine:

1. Things in the US are at a fever pitch, and i think it will end with an assassination attempt. Maybe Biden, maybe Pelosi, but the violence and rhetoric are heating up, and it is only a matter of time.

2.    There will be pressure to seek criminal charges against trump, but lawmakers will be worried about making him look like a political prisoner and turn him into a martyr, so instead they will hope he just goes away quietly.

3. kanye west will pass away unexpectedly. Possibly suicide. Maybe drug overdose.

4. most school kids will not return to school until fall.

5. Distrust of vaccines will result is outbreak hotspots and protest from groups forced to take it.  people will be forced to show proof of vaccination in order to receive goods or services or hold employment.  This will spark outrage amongst the anti-vax crowd.  They will claim that it gave their babies autism.

6. That tesla guy will be involved in a sex scandal.

7. Happy Days will be rebooted but with a black cast.  How will black fonzy respond to the racism of the 50s?  The only white cast member will be Arnold. He will be played by Ralph Macchio. It will run for one season on netflix and be met with mixed reviews.

8. Both Willie Nelson and Bernie Sanders will somehow make it another year.

9. Some kind of tsunami or flooding will occur, but that's not that big of a prediction.

10. The 2021 olympics will be postponed again.

11. Arianna Grande will get pregnant.

That's it.  Make your predictions.

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    2.    There will be pressure to seek criminal charges against trump, but lawmakers will be worried about making him look like a political prisoner and turn him into a martyr, so instead they will hope he just goes away quietly.

Yeah, they're not going to do anything to him.  He'll peddle the influence he has with his base and get away scot-free.  He'll be in court for the rest of his life on financial crimes but what else is new? 

4. most school kids will not return to school until fall.

Our kids had "distance learning" extended for two more weeks today, but I fully expect they'll be back at school after that.  F8ck this sh*t if not.

5. Distrust of vaccines will result is outbreak hotspots and protest from groups forced to take it.  people will be forced to show proof of vaccination in order to receive goods or services or hold employment.  This will spark outrage amongst the anti-vax crowd.  They will claim that it gave their babies autism.

It's a perfect storm - misinformation is at an all-time high, and that's going to slow the march to herd immunity. 

The impact of the pandemic is certainly going to get worse this year.  We're only halfway through this.  Desperation is going to set in much deeper than it already is for the less well off.  Mental health is going to tank for everyone (take care of yourself, strutters!).  Crime is going to rise in areas of poverty. And I'll bet politics get worse too. 

7. Happy Days will be rebooted but with a black cast.  How will black fonzy respond to the racism of the 50s?  The only white cast member will be Arnold. He will be played by Ralph Macchio. It will run for one season on netflix and be met with mixed reviews.

No way - I made a fonzy reference the other day to a group of 20 somethings and it was crickets except for one movie nerd guy.  

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    2021?

over here it's December 38, 2020
    Duderonomy

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    aliens will take over the world and that tesla guy will be involved in a sex scandal with an alien.

there will be a lot less entertaining news from american politics. 
    Duderonomy

my cat, who has had the house over-run with kids and parents alike, will attempt to run away.  

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    ketan said:

No way - I made a fonzy reference the other day to a group of 20 somethings and it was crickets except for one movie nerd guy.  

My window to drop a track with the lyric "Cool like Fonzy, scheme like a Ponzi" has officially closed.

Shaking Fist GIFs  Tenor

• - walton goggins vehicle in space
    - biden dies peacefully of old age causes live on TV while giving his inauguration speech. reporters find trump for a reaction and he has passed away peacefully of old age causes also
    - dippin dots finally take center stage as COVID vaccine refrigerated distribution infrastructure is retooled to bring the ice cream of the future to the masses
    - elon musk passes away peacefully at age 49 of natural causes. only his hairplugs experience the Rapture. wait sorry I'll stop
    - chris nolan, reeling from the financial loss on tenet, goes "back to his roots" with a low budget movie that is just the backwards scene with the swedish bookseller from "Top Secret!"
    - ye drops an album of all just crying, no lyrics, just real over the top vocal sobbing
    - nobody is getting no 2000 dollar check, bet the farm on that one
    Dead_Language

• - ye drops an album of all just crying, no lyrics, just real over the top vocal sobbing

Mmm, I'm feeling this. It'll be met with terrible reviews to his dissatisfaction (obviously) but it'll start a chain reaction with the only people that can understand the sobbing, mumble rappers, and it'll pop off a whole new genre of sob raps. 

..."sob raps"... you heard it here first. 

klezmer electro-thug beats

klezmer electro-thug beats