A specific song that I have been trying to track down for years but to no avail. LINK IN DESC

FreeBird1989FreeBird1989 Slovenia1 Post
edited August 2020 in Music Talk
My name is Samuel. For over a decade now, I have been trying to track down the origin of a mysterious record, unofficially referred to as "Egyptian Wife". 

A short snippet (preview) of the song circulated amongst a certain group of collectors in the past. I don't know who the buyers were, or even who the record seller was, but I am hoping that some of you in this community might be able to shine some light upon this mystery. I have provided a link containing the short snippet. If anybody here knows who the author of this song might possibly be, or even what the title of the track is, please let me know!

Also willing to buy the record if anybody has it, but that's another story.

Link > https://vocaroo.com/hCnkWBLDLDN

Comments

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    Can you please provide some information on the provenance of this track/snippet of track? How did you get it? When? Any other clues?

I see a number of recent posts about this on the web, which I assume are you. A Google search, and DuckDuckGo search yield nothing more, and a Harry Fox database search (under “Egyptian Wife”) comes up with zilch. Intriguing, but we’ll need more to go on than nothing. There was a post on the CFNY page... that sounds like something they would have been playing in about 1985. Did you post that, or is it worth tracking down the OP on that one?

GJ

PS— Are you familiar with the Effie Wilson/Hanten Tremor thing? There is a Reddit thread with someone claiming to have found it, and someone else saying it (the version you linked to) is not the real version. This has all the makings of a folkloric mystery for sure. Please give all specifics you have...

PPS— Weirder and weirder. Apparently the whole thing was a hoax... maybe. There are other songs that sound like the same artist. But there are those claiming to have “debunked” all of this. So if it’s a troll, and you’ve been “looking for the song” for 10 years (?), you are perhaps the original troll? Too much to wrap my head around. Provide more information or I must stamp this file “closed.” Too bad— If it is a hoax, it does sound like something from the mid-80s that would have been played on Toronto progressive radio!
    DuderonomyRAJ

•    
    damn holmes
    Duderonomy

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    Hey! I’ve had some time on my hands, alright??!? (I dunno, the last five or six months?)

GJ

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    hate to bump on old topic but i started to read this shit yesterday and was a bit lost in the details on what i was reading... i fell down the "reddit rabbit hole" in RhythmGJ's post and kept reading about this track... i listened to the sample and it didnt seem familiar to me (no surprise) but i did find out that roughly 8 months ago....SOMEONE! FOUND! THE! TRACK! which i am sure "FREEBIRD1989" now knows about...but in case it was missed..

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

**in case this ^^^^^ youtubes link doesnt load:
    TWO BIG BOYS - NEFERTITI (1987) REMASTERED - YouTube

[quote]
    Copyright belongs to the original owners, digitised and remastered by Nico DeadWax for personal use and general enjoyment! :o) It seems that some people were after identifying this song. When some weeks ago I got asked for help I couldn't remember the band and title at first hearing, but I was sure that I had the record in my collection. Took me a while to locate it but here it is now! I listed the full info at Discogs for ease of reference: https://www.discogs.com/Two-Big-Boys-Monkeys-Nefertiti/release/15796259

I was also able to find Two Big Boys' main member Ron Meerbeek and was in direct contact with him for several months. Unfortunately, on December 3rd, 2020, he passed away after a long standing illness. All his art, his legacy will now remain forever. Rest in peace dear Ron!

There she goes looking back at you you.
    There she goes in an Egyptian froufrou.
    I don’t think she’s after a taxi.
    I don’t think you’re gonna see her again.

There she goes out of his life.
    Say goodbye to your Egyptian wife.
    I don’t think she’ll try it again.
    I don’t think you’re gonna see her again.

Ooh, I met her as a kid.
    Outside her pyramid.
    There she goes with a smile.
    Floating down the Nile.

Next time you see her she’ll be on the TV.
    You’ll say to yourself “She’s my little Nefertiti”.
    You’ll say “I knew her long ago”,
    “Now here she is on a TV show”.

She’s an Egyptian princess.
    She met you and left you in a pretty white dress.
    She won’t return your phone calls.
    She doesn’t want to see you at all.

Ooh, I met her as a kid.
    Outside her pyramid.
    There she goes with a smile.
    Floating down the Nile.

(limited mp3 quality here at youtube)
    [/quote]
    klezmer electro-thug beats

• GivemesoulGivemesoul 146 Posts
    Ok, I've been looking for the cult favorite[Alone With No Love-The Contemplations-1969]for years,anyone know where I can find it for under[ 500.00?