KingUnderground

KingUndergroundKingUnderground Milton Keynes, England 8 Posts
edited June 2020 in Strut Central

Just introducing myself. My name is Dan and I run an independent record label called KingUnderground, we are based in the UK. 

We release funk, soul, hip hop and jazz. I wanted to share a few bit with you to see what you guys think. 

Here's something we released quite recently by Magic In Threes >>

Magic In Threes 3 LP >>

Let me know if you'd like me to share some more stuff. 

Cheers!
Dan 

Comments

• Hi Dan, welcome. Can't speak for the board but I personally love Magic in Threes and have a couple of their 45s you pressed - At Jody's and Finnish Funk. Will be checking this. They're such a productive band, a song a week for a whole year is ridiculous, and the standard was so good.

I didn't realize it was you guys who put out that weird Tape Echo album too, with the mad short film. That stuff is right up my alley and the video was a total fever dream I can't piece back together since I saw it. Excellent work.

• KingUndergroundKingUnderground Milton Keynes, England 8 Posts
    Thank you, sir. Glad to hear you're a fan of MIT. One of my favourite bands on the label. They have just submitted their new album and have an RSD single out in Aug, plus a 45 with two covers out at the end of the year, so as you say, very productive. 

Haha, yes that was us. Did you play the 8-bit video game for his second album, Square Wave Adventures? Also very crazy. It's 10 levels of 8-bit madness. 
    www.squarewaveadventures.com - it's free as well. 

Thanks for the nice welcome! 

Dan 

The New Mastersounds Be Yourself LP + 45 >>

Limited edition of NMS's "Be Yourself" 1LP w/ printed inner sleeve and 7-inch vinyl.

Deluxe coloured vinyl is sold out. Black vinyl + 45 album bundle >>

LISTEN >>

• staxwaxstaxwax 1,474 Posts
    Hey man! Ive been copping KU releases for a while! Lewis Parker and Eastkoast and the like. Great label with a good esthetic too. Ive been eyeing that Crac reissue too.

staxwax said:
    Hey man! Ive been copping KU releases for a while! Lewis Parker and Eastkoast and the like. Great label with a good esthetic too. Ive been eyeing that Crac reissue too.

Ahh good to hear! Appreciate the kind words. Shouts to Beatnick Dee (who's lurking in the forum somewhere) for the CRAC heads up. He put me on to that one. Thinking of doing a 45 at some point. 

Dan 

Torb The Roach Tape Echo: Gold Floppies  LP

Limited edition repress of Tape Echo Gold Floppies.

*KU EXCLUSIVE* on blue vinyl >>

1LP black vinyl >> 

High Pulp - Bad Juice (Trailer)

Album release date TBA.

Originally released in 2018 as a small vinyl run but pulled because the band weren’t happy with some of the mixes. Deluxe 2LP on magenta & yellow transparent vinyl available soon. Next Friday, they drop the single “Hookai”.

High Pulp - Hookai

From the album "Bad Juice" - release date TBA.

The single is out today >>

High Pulp - Bad Juice 2LP

High Pulp's album Bad Juice was originally released in 2018 as a private press. We remastered it and repressed a small run on pink & yellow 2LP (just 200 copies), which is only available at KU & Mr Bongo.

High Pulp are an 8-piece band that emerged from the Royal Room, a legendary Seattle Jazz club where they held “Funk Church” jam sessions in 2017. Their signature sound is a Psychedelic fusion of Hip-Hop, Funk, Jazz, and Soul which come together with complex, well thought out arrangements and progressive style. After successful sessions and premieres with prestigious station KEXP, and being at the forefront of the Seattle music scene.

Learn more >

Buy >