Anyone have Big Pauper's 'No Chance to Shine' LP?

JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
This was shared on the site forever ago.  I used to bump it regularly but the laptop I had it on is dead.  I can't find it anywhere in the wild.  

Comments

• Damn, no I never heard of it before but have a lot of PZ's other stuff. I would be interested myself.
    JectWon

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    Damn, no I never heard of it before but have a lot of PZ's other stuff. I would be interested myself.

It's really damn good.  I don't know why it's so damn hard to find.  There are a few tracks on youtube but not all.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhdY0L_JAeQ

• PhilRPhilR 2 Posts
    Bit late to find this request, but yes I have a copy.

After a catastrophic raid failure I lost all my personal recordings over 25yrs and still coming to terms 17yrs later. No Chance to Shine meant a lot to me as it was the soundtrack to the start of a relationship to that brought marriage and two kids, so in the effort to replace what was replaceable I emailed the guy for a copy. He told me he had erased it as he wasn’t happy with it and had no copy anywhere (wtf!).

a few yrs later I found a CD copy under the car seat and with much angst checked if it was still readable. Well it was fine, in an unusual sort of easy win sort of way I’m not used to. I can share with you happily, but wouldn’t want to release a public copy since he went to such lengths to remove it from the public. Let me know 
    klezmer electro-thug beats

• PhilRPhilR 2 Posts
    Didn’t expect to be writing this 15 mins ago! But I understand exactly how you must have felt when you made this post and perhaps you never found it? Mr Panzah - I assume you wouldn’t mind me sharing it with someone else who found it special x

PS, really rate Tom Caruana’s mashups too - shame it doesn’t have more of a scene, but RIAA and corporate rightsholders can destroy many over much less and it’s a world of litigation for the samplers of the world - except amen break, Kanye with nanou2 and the singer on dark side of the moon, most musicians turn pissy once their creative work makes others an jncome! Metallica used to encourage bootleggers, then targeted Napster kids with lawsuits… 10cc sample on J Dillas donuts another depressing label chasing for payback after he died, it’s a murky area considering we used to tape record the radio and VHS the tv. I digress, let me know if you want a copy - I seem to be the only person that does!
    klezmer electro-thug beats