Mr Dibbs - Turntable Scientifics (sample-r)

So a few weeks ago I was listening to CKDU (local Dal University radio) here in Halifax and someone played a few snippets from the "Robin Hood soundtrack" (?) that had some samples that were used on Turntable Scientific, they played the "french parts" off the soundtrack that was sampled in the mix and they ran into the "Allow me to lay some protocol on you" sample, i honestly couldnt believe it when i heard it as it was totally unexpected, i tried to call the station to find out exactly which album/cd/whatever it was from..but couldnt reach anyone

i tried to youtube this shit to give you some links but my youtubes is fuct right now and wont play shit, fuck i hate the internet sometimes, lol

anyone who is familiar with the mix may know what i am talking about here, maybe not..

does anyone know which Robin Hood soundtrack this was from by chance?

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts
    Are you talking about the vocal sample, or the music? Because that segment (the music) is one of my favourite bits of DJing ever: fucking great sample and the way he scratches in some violin over the top - sooooo funky, so clean, you have to listen real hard to realise what he’s done.

And no, I have no idea about sample source, sorry.

At a guess, the Errol Flynn one (for the vocal sample)?
    dj_cityboy

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    Sounds like the Disney version, 1973.

GJ
    Duderonomydj_cityboy

Yeah, I was trying to think what would’ve actually been pressed to vinyl - Disney is a good call.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    Are you talking about the vocal sample, or the music? Because that segment (the music) is one of my favourite bits of DJing ever: fucking great sample and the way he scratches in some violin over the top - sooooo funky, so clean, you have to listen real hard to realise what he’s done.
    Vocal sample portion, the sample "allow me to lay some protocol on you" had me digging for years and years and then that night I am out in my shed blazin one and BAM! there is was, fuckin hell it took me really off guard and I scrambled to find a piece of paper to write it down, but I barely got through it the dude was done talking, so I bolted into the house and called but no one answered the station phone.

that mix has been in my top4 mixes for the longest time, its so dope on so many levels from end 2 end I could play it on repeat and NEVER get tired of it.

sample starts @ 15:30 and ends @ 16:00 with the "allow me to lay some protocol on you"

• RhythmGJRhythmGJ Buffalo, NY 219 Posts
    Yeah, that's from the Disney joint:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phil_Harris

GJ
    dj_cityboy

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,459 Posts
    ^^ fuck yeah...thanks dude, I am going to try and track that album down