Paging Batmon - Black Panther film

DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 6,852 Posts
Kendrick Lamar OST, some decent early reviews... wut sayest thou?

Comments

• JimsterJimster Unshazzamable saudade chord vehicle 6,048 Posts
    He's gone all quiet for the last few years.  Probably dealing with the shame of failing to send me a t-shirt.

Same as SoulOnIce.

MANY ARE CALLED...
    RAJ

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,449 Posts
    They're on Fakebook now
    DuderonomyJimsterkala

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 6,852 Posts

Well shit, it looks interesting (Black Panther). I loved the last Thor flick (although too much Hulk dialogue), and so far not bored with Marvel films yet, even if I should be. DC films... well, Wonderwoman was good enough that I forgot it was in the DC universe.

RAJ said:
    They're on Fakebook now

When you diss the Strut, you diss yourself

Well shit, it looks interesting (Black Panther). I loved the last Thor flick (although too much Hulk dialogue), and so far not bored with Marvel films yet, even if I should be. DC films... well, Wonderwoman was good enough that I forgot it was in the DC universe.

Heard it was the most legit "Africa" film since "The Royal Penis Is Clean".  (The bar being so low that a rattlesnake couldn't limbo under it).  Cosine on Thor, way better than the sum of it's parts.

EIGHTY

Jimster said:

Heard it was the most legit "Africa" film since "The Royal Penis Is Clean".  (The bar being so low that a rattlesnake couldn't limbo under it).  Cosine on Thor, way better than the sum of it's parts.

That was a pretty legit film tbf; Reverend Brown FTW.

EIGHTY

• EIGHTYEIGHTY 220 Posts
    "The Royal Penis Is Clean" LOL!!!

• SPlDEYSPlDEY Vegas 3,138 Posts
    Just watched it last night. Definitely one of the most imaginative Marvel movies of all time. Home run in many ways. 

Strongest Female Characters in an action movie.  

Movie stealing Villain with clear motivations. 

The hidden country of Wakanda was fucking dope. 

A triumph for black film making. Really dope to see a place for black film makers in the MCU. 

Starring James Brown.

GAME OVER. 

- spidey
    Duderonomykala

• OK this is already the superhero movie that my friends who like superhero movies tell me "I know you hate them and I tell you this every year but THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT YOU WILL LIKE IT". They have always been wrong, when I've given them chances.

Are they right this time? Will somebody like this who has never liked even the "THIS ONE IS THE ONE" superhero movies of the past? BP is different because I want to give it a chance but I also don't want assbrun of old.

• OK this is already the superhero movie that my friends who like superhero movies tell me "I know you hate them and I tell you this every year but THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT YOU WILL LIKE IT". They have always been wrong, when I've given them chances.

Are they right this time? Will somebody like this who has never liked even the "THIS ONE IS THE ONE" superhero movies of the past? BP is different because I want to give it a chance but I also don't want assbrun of old.

Haven't seen it yet. I'm usually on ur side, but the sound-track is en fuego and the political context cannot be ignored. I think those two could easily elevate it among the rest. I have high hopes! I'll try to post back here when I see it. 

I'm partial to this song from the soundtrack. This beat has got some nice boom to it. 

OK this is already the superhero movie that my friends who like superhero movies tell me "I know you hate them and I tell you this every year but THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT YOU WILL LIKE IT". They have always been wrong, when I've given them chances.

If you're going to be old at least try not to be so crotchety..

- spidey

• I am the crotchetiest. but yeah the political context (and the context of the character historically) plus soundtrack, plus coogler, have me doubting my oldness...

SPlDEY said:

- spidey

Easier said than done - while I commute my thoughts are increasingly  narky. Not sure whether to put it down to winter blues, commuting, or age. I take a crumb of comfort from the fact that I’m aware enough to try and stop it when I notice I’m running through a mental check-list of things that piss me off though. 

P.S. caught the film, liked it. Of the Marvel films, not sure where I’d rank it:

1. Guardians of teh Galaxy - for the unique approach to blending music with imagery, lots of gags, reminded the rest of the Marvel universe that these films can be lighthearted as apposed to the routinely grim X-Men films. That said...

2. Logan - suffering/declining heros are always a good film subject, this was like a western, and finally he got to show his teeth (well, claws) and we got the blood and gore a Wolverine film deserves.

3. Thor Ragnarok - psychedelic! Less so than Dr Strange, but better music and better jokes.

4. First Avengers film - Loki stole every scene he was in. Even when it involved him being smacked around like a rag doll by Hulk.

5. Black Panther?

SPlDEY said:

- spidey

Easier said than done - while I commute my thoughts are increasingly  narky. Not sure whether to put it down to winter blues, commuting, or age. I take a crumb of comfort from the fact that I’m aware enough to try and stop it when I notice I’m running through a mental check-list of things that piss me off though. 

I stay mentally young, physically healthy, happy and relate more with people who are younger than me. I like to steal some of their energy. Your own mind can really repress you from being the best version of who you are. You have to be more positive to yourself so you can be more positive to life and the world around you. 

- Damo

• After not enjoying so many super hero flicks over the last couple of years, i think i will have to take the plunge and watch this. So many people whose opinion I trust tell me that it is great.

Thor Ragnarok!