Music to MOOG by?

Looking for recommendations on moog records that I'm sleeping on that ideally have drums and doing covers.  

I'm putting together a mix and am curious if I'm missing some major bangers like E.V.A., etc...

This Claude Denjean is a current favorite...

but here are some others I've included so far.

RAJ

Comments

• Maybe moogie woogie or whatever it's called on chess and the Martin Denny moog record?
    rcwinkly

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,441 Posts

Don't sleep on Enoch Light's Permissive Polyphonics either:

rcwinkly

• Dick Hyman age of electronicus has a moog "give it up or turn it loose" which is pretty ridiculous. He also covered green onions...

Bill Watrous had a track with a ridiculous drums/synth solo... I think it's "Ayo" off Manhattan Wildlife Refuge. The track is kind of mild jazz funk and then there's a sudden 3 minute moog freakout.

I had a moog compilation that had an Armando Trovaioli track called "I Apologize Mr Rossini" which I really liked. Not sure what it's on originally. It's like a Rossini opera tune, but it builds and builds with some really nice drums. It shouldn't work but I really like it myself. Obviously Trovaioli also did Kinky Peanuts on the Sesso Matto soundtrack which is ludicrous too.

Something more recent to look into is the MRR-ADM 10 inch which will make you shit
    rcwinkly

• RAJ said:

Don't sleep on Enoch Light's Permissive Polyphonics either:

Thanks Raj...wasn't knowing about that Tchip Tchip!  Any chance you have that digitally?  I'm having a hard time seeing any of their stuff on slsk.

And yes...Permissive Polyphonics for sure.  "You pass I call is bananas", among many other gems on that album.

• Feldman said:
    Maybe moogie woogie or whatever it's called on chess and the Martin Denny moog record?
    Thanks...had totally forgotten about that one!

• Dick Hyman age of electronicus has a moog "give it up or turn it loose" which is pretty ridiculous. He also covered green onions...

Bill Watrous had a track with a ridiculous drums/synth solo... I think it's "Ayo" off Manhattan Wildlife Refuge. The track is kind of mild jazz funk and then there's a sudden 3 minute moog freakout.

I had a moog compilation that had an Armando Trovaioli track called "I Apologize Mr Rossini" which I really liked. Not sure what it's on originally. It's like a Rossini opera tune, but it builds and builds with some really nice drums. It shouldn't work but I really like it myself. Obviously Trovaioli also did Kinky Peanuts on the Sesso Matto soundtrack which is ludicrous too.

Something more recent to look into is the MRR-ADM 10 inch which will make you shit
    I'll check for some of that stuff you mentioned for sure...and the MRR-ADM idea is a great one.  I've got Mr. Chop in the arsenal too in case it fits!

rcwinkly

• RAJ said:

That country moog looks hilarious!  Thanks man and keep em coming if you got more!!!

rcwinkly said:
    RAJ said:

Thanks Raj...wasn't knowing about that Tchip Tchip!  Any chance you have that digitally?  I'm having a hard time seeing any of their stuff on slsk.
    Here ya Go!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ag8agu2o8lb9qz/skylab.zip?dl=0

Here's a few more that comes to mind:

rcwinkly

• Thanks Raj...I wasn't knowing about a few of those last ones you posted!  Here is volume 1 of the mix and I'm sure there will be at least another volume given the "Pandora's Box" I've opened.

https://www.mixcloud.com/rcwinkly/music-to-moog-by-volume-1/

Drop me a line if you want a DL to the mp3!

• ppadilhappadilha 1,811 Posts
    don't know if it's in your mix, but don't forget this classic:

rcwinklyRAJ

• "Foggy Mountain Breakdown" off that Country Moog record is a headscratcher too.

• Checking it now, the mix is sounding great so far! Nicely done.
    If you're doing a vol. 2:

also this guy is in the Natural Yogurt Band with another dude, a potential track along the heavy-drums-and-moog line is "Space Echo"
    rcwinkly

• Checking it now, the mix is sounding great so far! Nicely done.
    If you're doing a vol. 2:

also this guy is in the Natural Yogurt Band with another dude, a potential track along the heavy-drums-and-moog line is "Space Echo"
    Hell yeah...that's BANANAS!!!  Thanks for the natural yogurt reminder...I may end up getting to 4 volumes with themes since I think I can make one of just library cuts and the other modern artists.  Volume 2, which will be in the same vain as the first, will be coming soon since I don't really do much to the music other than arrange it and make some edits/loops.  I'm trying not to worry about speed/pitch and let me music stay at the intended bpm.