Olympics strut

2»

Comments

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts
    She's wearing cleats. Think she's a heptathalist; you know, an all-rounder.

• ppadilhappadilha 2,235 Posts
    She's wearing cleats. Think she's a heptathalist; you know, an all-rounder.
    I'm pretty sure she's a pole-vaulter.

here in Brazil we call that type of photo bronhalismo, which I guess would be roughly translated as jerkalism, as in the type of journalism done by pubescent interns looking for images to jerk off to.

this tubby dude apparently just won a bronze medal in judo. His nickname is Baby.

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    This Omnium thing is mental. 
    Wtf goes on? It's madness on wheels.

Rollerball on bicycles.
    Its just blokes riding round in circles innit.
    And occasionally fucking up another dude.

A big chunky ball and chain swings a big chunky ball and chain round her head and gets a big chunky ball and chain put round her neck.
    The story of GB's first ever hammer medal.

After last weeks fencing, I had higher hopes for the latest one.
    I'm thinking more Capn Hook and Bluebeard shit, Viking broadswords and two handed overhead swings and such.
    Alas, no. Two ponces doing the salsa whilst holding car aerials. That sport needs some blood and guts. Real skin in the game.

Event idea:
    Omnium points race, with weapons allowed: swords (real) and hammer (ball and chain).
    Elimination race, first one eliminated gets deported to North Korea, second one to Syria, third one to France and so on.

• Ever play "Road Rash"?

Ever play "Road Rash"?

that game was my jam BITD

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    The booing at the games is a terrible look.

The big/little brother thing going on between Bolt and Andre Degrass has been my favour part so far.

DOR said:

The big/little brother thing going on between Bolt and Andre Degrass has been my favour part so far.

the booing can get out of hand at times, but the salty french dude who came 2nd at the pole vault and then compared himself to Jesse Owens was equally ridiculous. The accounts from people who were at the stadium say that he was booed for a second when he was about to go on his last try, but people quickly stopped. He got a much louder boo the following day during the medal ceremony because of all the stupid shit he said afterwards.

also, shout-out to Ryan Lochte for treating the Olympics and Rio like it's spring break in Tijuana.
    Duderonomy

ppadilha said:
    DOR said:

the booing can get out of hand at times, but the salty french dude who came 2nd at the pole vault and then compared himself to Jesse Owens was equally ridiculous. The accounts from people who were at the stadium say that he was booed for a second when he was about to go on his last try, but people quickly stopped. He got a much louder boo the following day during the medal ceremony because of all the stupid shit he said afterwards.

also, shout-out to Ryan Lochte for treating the Olympics and Rio like it's spring break in Tijuana.
    Gents, I'm sure we can agree that booing, being salty Frenchman, and Lochte's behaviour are a three way tie for gold in the NAGL event.

Duderonomy

there was also that moment when the crowd at the boxing event started cheering for the ref:

Duderonomy

• Are you suggesting that referee isn't dope as fuck or something? Guy was unreal. 

Reynaldo82

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    The sleaze of the rigged boxing is crazy, even for boxing. 
    My friend had to repaint Alise Post's handlebars after I grabbed them (ayo). This may have cost her a gold. 
    Skel dominated.