Pick a year

If you could pick a year for your collection, what year would you pick and why..I would be keen for 79 ...interesting what years and /or genres peeps would think they would pick

Comments

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    I would be keen for 79 

Why?

Maybe something in the early 70s or 80s?  Like, 1973 or 1983?  I dunno.  Haven't thought it through.  But lots of different kinds of music peaking for me around then.

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    75 seems like a safe year for soul, jazz, funk, disco, reggae, and whatnot.

• Reynaldo82Reynaldo82 NorCal 73 Posts
    It would be the most commonly occurring year amongst my favorite albums/songs.

• '72 or '73, can't decide.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    '79

• In a way this is an interesting way to generalize a little about the genres, recording styles and feels that somebody likes. Like me saying 72 and Batmon saying 79, you can probably make some accurate assumptions about the sounds each of us like just from that without even getting into any specific genre tastes.

I dunno looking at the whole of (say popular) music for a year is just kind of an interesting way to think about old music without thinking about the usual things like genres, specific artists etc.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I'll go with 1970 or 1972.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• 1968.  Terrible year in many ways, great year for music.

• asstroasstro 1,754 Posts
    I'd go with 81 or 82. Not much for the beat diggers but for the other music I love that is a real sweet spot. 

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,095 Posts
    I forgot that Thriller was actually 1982, so I'm changing to that for the 80s.