What's the first record you broke?

i was 4 and snapped my 45 of Benatar- Hit me with your Best Shot. I cried a lot but learned a very important lesson about the fragility of records. Especially 45s!

the only other one that really stands out was snapping a Shorty the Pimp 45 that got stuck on a technics aluminum 45 adapter. I hate those fucking things

Comments

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    I broke a load of my dad's 78s when I knocked a jenga pile over as a kid.

I just checked - they are not valuable.  Phew.

I remember using my seldom-played Magnum Force 12"s (on Paula Records) as air-rifle practice to see if I could get one through the hole.  Varying results.  And the White Lines picture disc.

I just checked - they are not valuable.  Phew.

• deezleedeezlee 298 Posts
    I dunno about the first but by buddy dropped my Coffee (Pam Grier) soundtrack (Roy Ayres) and it broke a chip off (1/3). I was unhappy (upset).
    that soundtrack is dope (Hiero)

• The_NonThe_Non 5,691 Posts
    James Brown 78. My desire to own 78s plummeted immediately after that tragedy. I barely touched it and it snapped.

• When I was a kid I tried ironing a flexi-45 because it was creased 

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    Blacula soundtrack which was warped. Dynaflex, my ass.

"the only other one that really stands out was snapping a Shorty the Pimp 45 that got stuck on a technics aluminum 45 adapter. I hate those fucking things"

Same here with Kellee Patterson "I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little Bit More" and a Brothers and Sisters 45. Thankfully I was able to hold it together with tape on the flip side so that both can play with minimal popping 

• bennyboybennyboy 538 Posts
    When I was about 3 I used to get all my Dad's LPs out (all stuff on Harvest/Vertigo/Deram  ) and put them all over the floor and slide around on them. 

Then when I left home I kneeled on and broke an early John Cooper Clarke 45 I'd nicked off me dad as well. Which he then asked about some time after, so I had to buy a copy to replace it. Balls.