FAO BATMON

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
Spotted round our neck of the woods (OG-Gotham-R):

Comments

• foefoe turo de la peira 196 Posts
    is this the miller thing where superman kills batman? if so i will actually watch this. i'm not the biggest fan of miller, but that shit goes so hard.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

DUde - spoilers!

Mind you, if Ben Affleck is Batman, he deserves to die.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Miller's story had Batman fake-killing himself only to emerge later on the underground.
    He beat Superman's ass w/ man made Kryptonite, w/ the help of Green Arrow/Ollie Queen.

Ive been reppin' Affleck as Wayne since day one.

Im in the minority as a Daredevil movie fan. Affleck did an excellent Matt Murdock. The story, Elektra, Kingpin, and Bullseye.....questionable.

And when he got chosen as Wayne, to me Frank Miller's Daredevil was the precursor to The Dark Knight Returns. 
    This B v S film is just another example of Miller's influence. 

BUT the muthafuckas dropped the ball by rushing to get to this confrontation. They should have done at least one more Superman film and then introduce Batman and them. And the fucking trailers w/ Doomsday just ruined the whole shit. Wonder Woman better be that muthafucka. 

Meanwhile Marvel took their time and gave us Black Panther(a minute ago in the first trailers) and then waited to drop the Web-Head, single handedly shutting down DC's shine.

batmon said:
    Miller's story had Batman fake-killing himself only to emerge later on the underground.
    He beat Superman's ass w/ man made Kryptonite, w/ the help of Green Arrow/Ollie Queen.

Yes!

you might be right about it being rushed, but i don't care, i don't  follow the movies at all, i just want to see an old batman kill an old superman. 

you read that miller vs eisner book? after it i can not read miller without spotting his naive traits.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    batmon said:
    Meanwhile Marvel took their time and gave us Black Panther(a minute ago in the first trailers) and then waited to drop the Web-Head, single handedly shutting down DC's shine.

then they drop season 2 of daredevil with fucking punisher?????? it's not "distinguished competition" anymore -- disney wants blood.

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• SIRUSSIRUS 2,554 Posts
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Wow, Batmon, Daredevil (2004)? That's the film that put me off comic adaptation movies for 10+ years despite being into comics for a good part of my life. What redeems that movie?? What redeems Affleck?

Wow, Batmon, Daredevil (2004)? That's the film that put me off comic adaptation movies for 10+ years despite being into comics for a good part of my life. What redeems that movie?? What redeems Affleck?

Did you read Miller's run on Daredevil?

I just loved the sleep deprivation scene and all the in between personal times Matt Murdock goes through. Painkiller pills and rippin out loose teeth. They still dont do that stuff in any of these films.
    Bale stitching himself up after the dog attack in The Dark Knight is one.

But i understand why folks hate the film.

Director's Cut is the essential version vs the Theatrical.

Good action, weak ass plot w/ gimmick drama.

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,784 Posts

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,889 Posts
    "No self-respecting adult should buy comics or watch superhero movies"

Another month, another superhero movie staggers to the silver screen, lurching under the weight of its own self-importance, groaning with the expectations of fans, and burdened with a nine-figure marketing budget. I am, of course, talking about Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, to give it its full, clunkingly portentous title. Can we all please grow up? Can we acknowledge that Marvel and DC have scraped right though the bottom of the barrel? Can we call time on superhero films? Films which are too dark for kids the comics were originally written for, yet too dumb for any thinking adult.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/no-self-respecting-adult-should-buy-comics-or-watch-superhero-mo/

Dude is saying I am immature. Hah! Dude has a dumb name!

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,097 Posts

I saw Antman recently and thought that really hit the mark.

Curious to see what the Dr. Strange movie looks like.  Just found this 1978 version - ha!  Anyone seen it?

"The trouble is the source material. In the case of Batman and Superman, this was originally written for ten-year-old boys. A man who can fly with lasers in his eyes. A man who dresses as a bat dispensing justice to bad guys. It’s fun but it’s fundamentally very silly stuff; it has pre-teen built into its DNA."
    I stopped reading that article there. i guess the problem with monty starks is that it was originally written for pre ten kids. 

this guy feels like a kid who spends all his time trying to justify his annoyances instead of trying to be real. i don't have time for that shit.