Tom Noble's Mystic Pleasure ‎– Back Door (Getting Down)

finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts

Finally this highly acclaimed song got reissued. The original record was releasd last year and sold out immediately.
Allegedly this is a new recording produced by Tom Noble, with himself playing the synth.
Somehow something feel wrong to me with this recording. To me it sounds nothing like a new recording. If it really is, then they absolutley nailed it. There is zero information to be found about the band "Mystic Pleasure".
Was this name just made up to hide the fact that this is a bootleg of an old recording?
Does anyone know more about this song?

Comments

• kalakala 3,359 Posts
    that’s dope
    i likethis track which samples a really obscure 80s gospel track

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    Damn that Mystic Pleasure tune is fire. You'd have to think it's some tape or unreleased shit that Tom's unearthed and augmented/edited/re-touched in some way.

• finelikewinefinelikewine "ONCE UPON A TIME, I HAD A VINYL." http://www.discogs.com/user/permabulker 1,416 Posts
    just a shot in the dark: Can the singer on this one be same as the one from the band Kings Go Forth? Sounds a bit similar and and King Go Forth also had some Tom Noble involvement. They were also capable to reproduce that vintage sound authentically.

• KineticKinetic 3,739 Posts
    I don't reckon... but who knows.

And while we're talking KGF, where the hell are those guys? I wanna hear some new shit from those guys!

• para11axpara11ax No-style-havin' mf'er 398 Posts
    They sound like different singers to me, but I can understand the thinking that they could be the same.

Mystic Pleasure does sound very much like a re-edit of a long-lost obscuro disco gem, so Tom Noble deserves some serious "I can't believe it's not butter" type praise. 

• it's definitely toms original stuff, he was also talking about it and some of his disco rap on willie burns' wtbs radio show
    and yeah, it's a killer song