Gaston - My Queen LP

RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts

This little gem is the first lp from this obscure creative and trully cosmic black combo pretilly called "Gaston", this band was based in the Atlanta area, their sound is unsual, they are definitely influenced by the P-funk, but maybe more by the Mizell Brothers sound, they use a large selection of Mizell's favorite instruments like the arp string ensemble, the moog synth, the flute, the Q Tron electro Harmonix bass effect but also the latin percussions, fuzz guitar... The lead and background vocals are just irresistibles, sometimes deep, sometimes freak, always in the right tune...

One of my favorite track is the killer "Clap song", a long and hypnotic instrumental disco jam session, a real dancefloor winner!!! But this lp is consistant from start to finish, if you like atypic music, it's for you!!

Oh, i have to speak about the sound quality too, it's just incredible for a little independent release, the bass and the beat are fat, the trebbles and mediums are clear, the mix is not over compressed, a top production for an excellent band!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/a0o2lgj8r2bfrm0/Gaston.zip?dl=0
para11ax

Comments

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    thanks Raj, any chance of a 320 or flac version?

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    @the_dL   Sorry... from the audio galaxy archive

• the_dLthe_dL 1,531 Posts
    no probs

• These guys are da bomb. It took me a long time to track down that record and a longer time to track down Pied Piper of Funkingham. I'll up it when I get a chance, it's got a great version of Clap Song on it!