You DJ's Suck

DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
edited September 2015 in Strut Central

Comments

• ugh...so glad I went back to being a bedroom dj...

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    ugh...so glad I went back to being a bedroom dj...

Seriously. I don't even understand DJing anymore. What is the guy using to mix with? Long live records.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    RAJ said:
    dj_cityboy said:

Seriously. I don't even understand DJing anymore. What is the guy using to mix with? Long live records.

A sync button.

B/W Go home Becky, you're drunk.

• HarveyCanalHarveyCanal "a distraction from my main thesis." 13,234 Posts
    Annoying for daze. BUT, with nobody on the dancefloor at that time and an offer of 30 bucks to quickly plug in an iPhone and play one song so that an entire family could get busy, I would've at least considered it. No, wait, what am I saying? The club needs to get a bouncer over there to shield the dj from such ridiculous annoyances. Yeah, that's the ticket.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:

What's cover?

• DOR said:
    dj_cityboy said:

What's cover?

ha! its free cover all day all night, just bring records and rolling papers.. lol

• ketanketan Warmly booming riffs 3,100 Posts
    The way they look at each other on some O.M.G. ish towards the end is priceless.

• batmonbatmon 27,574 Posts
    Threatening me w/ the owner name is "negotiation" over.

Spin around and show me your asses.

With the club already in full bonkers party mode, I witnessed DJ Mel a couple of weekends ago stop the music on a dime and tear into this chick for approaching his dj stand and adamantly demanding a request. Mel's such a gentle soul too...lol.

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    HarveyCanal said:
    With the club already in full bonkers party mode, I witnessed DJ Mel a couple of weekends ago stop the music on a dime and tear into this chick for approaching his dj stand and adamantly demanding a request. Mel's such a gentle soul too...lol.

She must have really pushed his buttons. Mel is always chill and down to earth.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    I simply cannot relate to a stubborn requester.

This certainly does make me miss the beautiful and legit excuse of "I don't have that record, sorry..."

• jammyjammy remixing bongo rock... 813 Posts
    According to the guys YouTube comments, he is 'remixing' for lack of better terms. He is applying effects to dub and reggae multitracks.

• JectWonJectWon (@_@) 1,654 Posts
    jammy said:
    According to the guys YouTube comments, he is 'remixing' for lack of better terms. He is applying effects to dub and reggae multitracks-tracks-tracks-tracks-tracks-tracks-tracks-tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-tr-t't't't't't't't't't't't't't *echo*.

Just remixed your quote, dude....pretty sweet, eh?

Just read through the comments for the first time. Dubweiser dude sure is long-winded. Didn't realize it was a concert/performance by just watching the clip. I thought he was "just" a dj too. That being said, if it's a concert, then you need to be on a stage with at least a little separation from the crowd being able to walk up 6 inches from your face. Shoot, even as a dj who has grown used to people approaching my table, I really miss the days of the remote, upstairs dj booth. Anyway, guess you better talk to the owner.

• Bon VivantBon Vivant The Eye of the Storm 2,018 Posts
    I would have counter offered with $100 and some titty presentment.

Then, I would dub remix the fuck out of that song.