I finally pressed my own music on vinyl

MortiMorti 68 Posts
edited June 2015 in Announcements
I’ve been making instrumental hip-hop for more than 15 years now and I always vowed a cult to the vinyl media. I was 14 years old when my parents bought me my first turntable. That was in 1998 and I was daydreaming of being Dj Premier in their basement. In 2003, I started to release projects on different labels but none of them wanted to take the risk of pressing a vinyl version because of the costs and the low demand. Plus, let's admit it, my fanbase is rather small.

In 2013, I worked with a Swiss label called Luana records and we released a tape together at that time. Last year, the founder of Luana, came to visit Canada. Of course we got pissed drunk and I told him that I always wanted to release a proper LP. He jumped in without hesitation and since 2014 we’ve been working with a German label called Anette records to release my first LP: Trip de boucles piquées.

Stream or download the LP for free :
https://mortiviventear.bandcamp.com/releases

Comments

• BeatsoupBeatsoup 511 Posts
    Very cool, Congrats! As an artist myself I can relate to the cost/ risk struggles. I have yet to do it. Big ups

• MortiMorti 68 Posts
    Beatsoup said:
    Very cool, Congrats! As an artist myself I can relate to the cost/ risk struggles. I have yet to do it. Big ups

Thank you sir!