Have you been more sick of shovelling snow than normal?

dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
edited March 2015 in Strut Central
dudes seriously, halifax got hit with another foot of white stuff this weekend, my arms feel like they are broken from shovelling... i dont know if we have set any snowfall records like P.E.I & Boston but this shit is not funny anymore..

any of you dudes up to your elbows in snow or what?

Comments

• all melted here in the prairies except for those sundry, dirty, mouldy ice mounds that seem to last until late june. fuck winter.

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    crabmongerfunk said:
    all melted here in the prairies except for those sundry, dirty, mouldy ice mounds that seem to last until late june. fuck winter.

I thought you were based in BC, no?

• for the past 3 years i have been paying my dues on the prairies, i am making moves to get back to van or possibly taranta.

• HollafameHollafame 844 Posts
    straight-up tropical here in the foothills

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    HOLLAFAME said:
    straight-up tropical here in the foothills

Ditto for the (very poorly named) City of Champions.

• GrafwritahGrafwritah 4,184 Posts
    Most of the snow here has melted. Dare I say I think we're done. I don't adjust my shoveling much. Just walk over it, turn it into ice, and then let more snow cover it. Repeat.

• dj_cityboydj_cityboy 1,460 Posts
    dang i need to get down on some of that tropical action in a major way... its getting crazy in these here parts, i already have 10 foot high piles of snow at the end of the driveway..not sure what to do with the rest of it.

10:56 AM ADT Tuesday 17 March 2015
    Winter storm warning in effect for:
    •Halifax Metro and Halifax County West
    Hazardous winter conditions are expected.

This system will bring snow, strong winds, and blowing snow to much of the Maritimes beginning this afternoon. Areas of eastern Nova Scotia are forecast to receive up to 30 cm of snow by Wednesday evening. Winds will increase on Wednesday with gusts to 70 km/h giving reduced visibilities in blowing snow.

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    One of the few things I really like living in a condo. NO snow shoveling!!!

That said, it's rough seeing the news everyday and seeing you guys getting dumped on the coast.

And with that, I've has enough of the fucking cold and me and the missus are jumping on a plane tonight and off to Rio. Beachin' & chillin' for the next 8 days.

If somebody can turn on spring and the warmth before we get back. That would be really great!

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:

10:56 AM ADT Tuesday 17 March 2015
    Winter storm warning in effect for:
    •Halifax Metro and Halifax County West
    Hazardous winter conditions are expected.

Frankie MacDonald vibes!

^^ yeah seriously though, we had 3 feet of snow drop from Sunday to Wednesday and now there is another snow fall warning in effect for Saturday..

Frankie claims we'll be getting rain, but i dunno man... either or is going to be hellish to be honest, i need to figure out what to do with the 2/3 foot snow drifts on the roof of my house.. pretty sure i'll spent most of my night risking my life..

• RAJRAJ tenacious local 7,779 Posts
    Jesus... another storm here in the Northeast.

:hatedit:

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    RAJ said:
    Jesus... another storm here in the Northeast.

:hatedit:

Tell me about it! I need to start looking at prof gigs down south. New Mexico State is hiring, but I think Las Cruces is a little slow for my taste. Since the ground is relatively warm, I don't think the snow will stick. Hang in there, spring will get here eventually.

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• billbradleybillbradley You want BBQ sauce? Get the fuck out of my house. 2,889 Posts
    Living in Austin we get snow maybe once every 6 years and it melts within an hour. I keep seeing videos of remote control car snow plows on youtube. Are any of you using those to deal with the snow?

• covecove 1,566 Posts
    dj_cityboy said:
    i need to figure out what to do with the 2/3 foot snow drifts on the roof of my house.. pretty sure i'll spent most of my night risking my life..

sounds like you need this:

^^ yeah dude...its funny you posted that because my Boss and i were talking about this same thing this morning, i have been drawing up designs to build one so i am going to stop @ Home Depot after work and build one tonight..if all else fails i'll be busting out a ladder, lol

**seriously though..doesnt everyone want one of those things? i think even if i lived some place warm i would be in awe of the awesomeness that thing can bring to a roof..lol

• DORDOR Two Ron Toe 9,899 Posts
    In Rio right now.

I swear to god, a dude had on a Canada Goose parka.

It's fucking 31 dude...