Who's Working Christmas Eve? (Scrooge-R)

JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
edited December 2014 in Strut Central
Apparently one of the busiest times of year for this client. Food manufacture. Mandem want dem fresh meat pie, quiche and such. Looks like a full day at the keyboard, but better than digging the road.

WHAT HAVE YOU?

Comments

• skelskel You can't cheat karma 5,033 Posts
    Full day today, half day tomorrow.
    Them Japanese financial markets never sleep.
    Then normal working day on Boxing Day.
    Shinto 'religion', with little regard for Santa other than as a quaint foreign novelty.

• JimsterJimster Cruffiton.etsy.com 6,885 Posts
    skel said:
    Full day today, half day tomorrow.
    Them Japanese financial markets never sleep.
    Then normal working day on Boxing Day.
    Shinto 'religion', with little regard for Santa other than as a quaint foreign novelty.

Sheesh. Still with all them kids, I can understand the appeal of work...

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Motherfucka! Signed on from Chicago. Local financial markets close at noon, the workers start to scatter not long after that. It's in the 40 degrees Fahrenheit here and feels mild as f. Had some spiced wine at a Christmas market-type thing in a plaza last night and still feeling that seasonal glow.

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Clocked in @ 6:00am to fix the mofos that are working today and still managed to brake their computers.

[strong]break [/strong]their computers.

[strong]Fixed[/strong] that for ya

• DawhudDawhud 213 Posts
    Bwahahahahaha

• [strong]braek [/strong]their computers.

[strong]Fixed[/strong] that for ya

Fixeded

• ElectrodeElectrode Los Angeles 3,080 Posts
    I have the day off, but I chose to pop in for a couple of hours to send out any orders. This was done because we're open on Friday. My co-worker brought this to my attention; only after I solidified plans a few weeks ago to drive down to my brother and wife's house in SD, stay the night and drive back, all under the assumption that I would have Friday off and not the Wednesday, as was the case for Thanksgiving weekend. Apparently, this didn't settle well with him since he will have to fly solo in the morning without two other employees present. And we can't let that happen, even though I often have to pull double duty when someone has someone has family emergency come up or if I have to play peacemaker between him and another coworker he mutually doesn't like. So out of retaliation, he is taking the first work day of the year off. Cool story, bro, I know.

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

All I did today was hit the gym and pick up some last minute accoutrements for the missus meal preparation. Otherwise, I'm off for the rest the week, chillin' at cruising altitude. Today, my big agenda includes playing music, drinking, and doing whatever I damn well please. Happy Holiday, folks!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

• DuderonomyDuderonomy Haut de la Garenne 7,778 Posts

I peeled some potatoes while swigging vin chaud. Felt like work for the few seconds I had to put my glass down between spuds.

• white_teawhite_tea 3,262 Posts
    Electrode said:
    I have the day off, but I chose to pop in for a couple of hours to send out any orders. This was done because we're open on Friday. My co-worker brought this to my attention; only after I solidified plans a few weeks ago to drive down to my brother and wife's house in SD, stay the night and drive back, all under the assumption that I would have Friday off and not the Wednesday, as was the case for Thanksgiving weekend. Apparently, this didn't settle well with him since he will have to fly solo in the morning without two other employees present. And we can't let that happen, even though I often have to pull double duty when someone has someone has family emergency come up or if I have to play peacemaker between him and another coworker he mutually doesn't like. So out of retaliation, he is taking the first work day of the year off. Cool story, bro, I know.

For shame. Doing double-duty during the holidays without complaining is the name of the game.

• skel said:

you mean, "annual gift man"?

got off at noon. in pyjamas and about to curl up with my x-mas/chanukah present to myself: a PlayStation 4 (w/far cry, gta v and some other joint called "reloaded" or something like that) and some ill records.

happy holidays to all real strutteurs!

• ppadilhappadilha 2,233 Posts
    there's a harsh breeze today that brought the temperature down to a chilly 80F and prevented us from going to the pool. Going to the in-laws later to have not very good turkey with the rest of their family. There's probably a party tonight somewhere in town. Friday we fly north to the Amazon to spend new year's on a sandy river beach while dancing to carimbó and eating food made with leaves that numb your mouth.

Happy holidays to you all!

• working 10:30 til 7pm and totally bitter as hell about the whole thing.... meh!

• dukeofdelridgedukeofdelridge urgent.monkey.mice 2,453 Posts
    I left work at 2. Weren't nobody there, I kinda shut it down.

• crabmongerfunk said:

PlayStation 4 (w/far cry, gta v and some other joint called "reloaded" or something like that) and some ill records.

add me!

"joelkbo"

• parallaxparallax no-style-having mf'er 1,266 Posts
    vintageinfants said:
    crabmongerfunk said:

PlayStation 4 (w/far cry, gta v and some other joint called "reloaded" or something like that) and some ill records.

add me!

"joelkbo"

"rcf88"

• made it out for first time in years to a longtime tradition along the mississippi river an hour outside new orleans where people light huge bonfires on the levee to mark the way for st. nick. maybe around 100 large bonfires? fireworks galore. everybody from the surrounding area out drinking on the levees. good time.

• i think i managed to add you guys--- holler at me if you can "fishmongerelli"

• DelayDelay 4,530 Posts
    willie_fugal said:
    made it out for first time in years to a longtime tradition along the mississippi river an hour outside new orleans where people light huge bonfires on the levee to mark the way for st. nick. maybe around 100 large bonfires? fireworks galore. everybody from the surrounding area out drinking on the levees. good time.

That's funny. my friend posted some videos on Instagram of that last night. he said it was amazing. definitely one for the bucket list.

• Happy holidays from PDX! Hope most of you are relaxing today.

• and here i am back at it again...at work until 7pm again tonight...

Confession time: finished up on Xmas eve at 6 and went for a couple of beers, which turned into 7, resulting in iPhone left on the train. Into work on 25th, 4 hours only, then 26th off to the sales after work to get a new iPhone upgrade. All is good.
    Note though that data was never backed up, so Jimster and Duder text me, yeah?

• Big_StacksBig_Stacks "I don't worry about hittin' power, cause I don't give 'em nuttin' to hit." 4,670 Posts
    Hey,

I took off Christmas Eve, listened to tunes, drank, and laid around on my ass. I did much of the same on Christmas, but took gifts over to the neighbors and had more drank (Remy XO-in it!). Then, came back to the crib, got my eat on, and drank some more. I visited friends in Philly on Saturday, and ate and drank some more. Finally, today, I went and got a much-needed massage (weight-training related), then just had a nip of Grand Marni on the chill tip. In a bit, I'll eat and listen to some more music. It has been a very relaxing and chill holiday weekend. Life is good!!! Happy Holidays, Strutters!!!

Peace,

Big Stacks from Kakalak

skel said:
    Confession time: finished up on Xmas eve at 6 and went for a couple of beers, which turned into 7, resulting in iPhone left on the train. Into work on 25th, 4 hours only, then 26th off to the sales after work to get a new iPhone upgrade. All is good.

There I was sobbing on Christmas day, thinking man was in like, some urban Tenko :crack of bamboo cane:

skel said:
    Note though that data was never backed up, so Jimster and Duder text me, yeah?

I would scoff, but it's perhaps for the best that man's vinegar strokes are not on the internet for posterity.

Are they?

J i m s t e r said:

I would scoff, but it's perhaps for the best that man's vinegar strokes are not on the internet for posterity.

Are they?

I spent a few hours of woe-is-me on Xmas day; but now see it as a perfect metaphorical whatever; wipe the i-slate clean, cleared out deadwood characters, thrown the baggage off of my train as we surge into 2015.
    Those that want to stay in touch, will. Those that don't have no place in my future.
    I heartily recommend this scorched earth policy.

Ended up being busier than a one-armed juggler with a dose of crabs. Mrs was in bed with the flu for dayz. Fell to man to mitigate heating needs of sister-in-law with no boiler, kids being unable to get online wid dey consoles (THANKS LIZARD SQUAD/OBAMA) and of course get the cooking done and not ruin it for everyone, Mother-in-law included (she'd left the flying monkeys at home).

I was able to get it all in/out the oven on schedule. I knew that degree in computation would come in handy one day. Loads left over as per usual. Was eaten in the following days via the magic of Bisto granules and a microwave. To be fair, still tasted good. Biggup M&S.

I got elf underpants and a cashmere scarf.

Wii-U is good swag, keeps #2 quiet for hours. Still unable to purchase XBOX Live for #1.

Many yags were yagged, inc. a case of Staropramen (#ripgeeks), Mulled wine, Toxteth IPA, and chocolate Digestives dunked in Dram.

I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO TOAST THE STRUT IN ITS ENTIRETY AND WISH YOU ALL RAER FORTUNE IN 2015.